View Poll Results: What class would you choose to add in WoW ?!

Voters
1020. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

432 42.35%
  • Tinker

334 32.75%
  • Technomage

81 7.94%
  • Necromancer

173 16.96%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As cool as a Steamwarrior-style Tinker sounds, I'd prefer a Mekgineer class that's Goblin and/or Gnome only that allows us to pilot mechs.

Just like Blackfuse and/or Thermaplugg.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because it requires the pressing of one button.
    So what? Every active ability in this game require the push of a button. You still have not explained why is that mechanic useful in any way. It's superfluous, and it's only a resource waste.

That would be an opinion, not a fact.
    No, it's a fact. It'll be an opinion when you show us how that ability would not be meaningless. So far, it's fact. Because, again, such an idea has no place in the game because it offers no benefit at all.

The purpose being to allow players the freedom to play as a ranged fighter or a melee fighter on the fly, and using the theme of technology to justify that flexibility.
    That's why dual spec has been introduced. Make one spec full ranged, the other spec full melee, and call it a day.

So its a fact because I can't change your opinion about the ability being superfluous?
    Ooookay.
    It's a fact because you so far were unable to prove it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    As cool as a Steamwarrior-style Tinker sounds, I'd prefer a Mekgineer class that's Goblin and/or Gnome only that allows us to pilot mechs.

Just like Blackfuse and/or Thermaplugg.
    That is actually very doable as well, since blizzard gave those NPCs plenty of abilities. Blackfuse remains my favorite raid boss.

Also, A Goblin/Gnome only class would add a lot of flavor to any potential tech class. However, I would still like to see some IH influence on a tech class.

Why would you want a Goblin/Gnome only class :S

Deleted
    Missing the option, "do not want a new class". To many classes already.

lol Technomage is he supposed to dance his enemies to death?

To be honest I'd rather see a new role and possible 4 talent tree. Pure dps already lose a lot by not having 'hybrid ability', and aren't the hardest hitters due to the 'but I wanna play pala and out dps a mage/rogue' factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Why would you want a Goblin/Gnome only class :S
    Because Gnomes and Goblins are cool. Also because you can intensify the flavor of the class ala Druids, since Gnomes and Goblins are the main tech races in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hardly. I think rogues fit perfectly with ranged capabilities. Assassins in general are known to use ranged weapons to take out targets. I think you just need to not look at the class now and instead how it would be with Dark Ranger attached. Fits well. As far as necromancy, I'm not sure they would necessarily be using that sort of magic, but maybe a cursed arrow that reanimates anything it kills. Maybe they would apply a poison or something that would have that effect. When they use poisons I don't feel like they are magic users, even though it's nature damage.

Same with Dark Ranger. A ranged physical damage class with hints of curses or something. I mean Survival Hunters have Black Arrow for Christ sake and what the hell is that?

Easily fits just requires use of imagination.
    Specs typically follow the standards of the class they're attached to. Rogues share very little in common with Dark Rangers besides having a shadowy theme. This is like trying to tie a pyromancer spec to a paladin. What do pyromancers have in common with paladins? Well they both cast spells I guess.

Dark Rangers are heavily tied to necromancy, since their first appearance they've been like a mixture of a DK, Shadow Priest, and a hunter. Of course they're going to have necromancy, otherwise it's not even a Dark Ranger.

FYI, Black Arrow for Survival is nothing like Black Arrow for Dark Ranger. The only thing shared is the name.

- - - Updated - - -

Ferals can also cast level 45 talents which are all ranged, along with Ursol's Vortex, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, or Rebirth. That's far more than one ranged ability.
    This has got to be a new low for you.

I guess DKs are ranged now too. Enhancement too. And Ret.

Really anything with some abilities that are longer than melee range is basically a ranged class. Right guys?
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-07-09 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    I would choose no new change. There are enough classes in the game as it is. I'd rather Blizzard spent time making the calls more distinctive and enjoyable to play.

Because Gnomes and Goblins are cool. Also because you can intensify the flavor of the class ala Druids, since Gnomes and Goblins are the main tech races in Warcraft.
    I guess that explains why every class added so far has been widely available to almost every race, and why in Cataclysm they decided to let druids, paladins, and every other class be more diverse.

They really sure seem to support that racial niche for classes, don't they.

Deleted
    NO one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon Hunter - We allready have hunters..
    Tinker - Not for the World of Warcraft!!!!!
    Technomage - Allready have mages!!!!
    Necromancer - Death Knight is allready a "necromancer".........
    Last edited by mmoc24665d4db5; 2014-07-09 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    People really want a Demon Hunter class? Do we honestly want another Melee DPS class in the game? Especially one that is so similar to an existing caster class?

Tinkers is just the engineering profession.

Necromancers are just caster versions of Death Knights.

Technomage is exactly like the Tinker class.

Terrible list.
    And all present classes are a mixture of archetypes avaiable already with half-assed lore slapped on it. Your point being?

If the dark below is the next expansion... Shouldn't it be something water themed? Like a water bender type thing?

The problem is lots of skills matching possible new classes are already distributed between current classes. Class skills have to be reconsidered before a new class, otherwise a new class won't have much originality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I guess that explains why every class added so far has been widely available to almost every race, and why in Cataclysm they decided to let druids, paladins, and every other class be more diverse.

They really sure seem to support that racial niche for classes, don't they.
    Druids were limited to two races for the majority of WoW's lifespan, and it was still one of the most popular classes in the game.

As long as the class is available to both factions, the number of possible races is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This has got to be a new low for you.

I guess DKs are ranged now too. Enhancement too. And Ret.

Really anything with some abilities that are longer than melee range is basically a ranged class. Right guys?
    I wasn't aware that Ret Paladins had a lot of ranged abilities.

However, yes I would definitely consider Enhancement Shaman a combination of ranged and melee. Their AoE capabilities are entirely ranged based (Flame Shock+Fire Nova).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekeel View Post
    The problem is lots of skills matching possible new classes are already distributed between current classes. Class skills have to be reconsidered before a new class, otherwise a new class won't have much originality.
    No current classes can house technology abilities.

Druids were limited to two races for the majority of WoW's lifespan, and it was still one of the most popular classes in the game.
    As long as the class is available to both factions, the number of possible races is irrelevant.
    Except there was a lore reason for the 'exclusiveness' of the Druid class: no other race was as connected to nature as the Night Elves and Tauren were. Technology? Basically every Alliance race, save the Night Elves, are connected to it. Horde? Just the goblins and maybe forsaken, really.

I wasn't aware that Ret Paladins had a lot of ranged abilities.
    Exorcism, Execution Sentence, Judgment, Light's Hammer, Turn Evil, Hammer of Wrath and more...

No current classes can house technology abilities.
    Hunters can. Especially because they already have some technology abilities already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except there was a lore reason for the 'exclusiveness' of the Druid class: no other race was as connected to nature as the Night Elves and Tauren were. Technology? Basically every Alliance race, save the Night Elves, are connected to it. Horde? Just the goblins and maybe forsaken, really.
    No other races are as connected to technology as Gnomes and Goblins.

Hunters can. Especially because they already have some technology abilities already.
    They can use guns and a couple of explosives.

Technology is not part of the Hunters theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    BUILDING it? I agree, but they've already added BUILDING it to every class through Engineering.

PILOTING it? Incorrect; Dwarves are at least on par with piloting technology as Gnomes. Even Orcs can learn to use mechanics as well as any Goblin.
    Being able to pilot it doesnt make them more connected to technology than races who base their entire culture around it.

And traps. Guns, Explosives, Traps... All technology.
    Rogues and Warriors can also use guns. You mentioned traps twice, and they arent considered mechanical. The explosives are limited to explosive trap and explosive shot. The latter of which is depicted as an arrow with a stick of dynamite attached to it.

I wouldn't put that on the same level as a Goblin riding around in a robotic mech firing lasers at you.

Necromancer got rolled into death knight, technomage is just tinker with magic, and demon hunter is pretty much guaranteed for any big Burning Legion expac we get. My guess? Maybe like a magic wielding, plate wearing class. They could ranged tank, balance healing and dps, and have a melee DoT spec, or something. Just a wild idea that I just made up right now at this second now.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.