Page 1 of 2
LastLast

First Person Raiding (No UI) - Siege 25H 14/14

Yeah so, a few years back a guildie made a challenge to me one night during a heroic Firelands clear. He bet me 10,000 gold I couldn't do the fight in first person. It was kind of on the spot, but I decided to just run with it and try it anyway. It worked out and thus a video was born, which some people might recall from a few years back.

Mionelol kind of posed an interesting challenge, which was to do the same thing, but with no UI turned on. Well.. it's taken me a bit of time to grow the confidence I needed, but I decided to send Siege out in style by doing exactly that and thus.. I present to you..

Siege of Orgimmar. 25 Man Heroic. First Person. No UI. Final Destination. On all fights I retained my progression job, no matter what it was. Yes, even belts on Siegecrafter. This has been a labor of love to manage to learn the fights like this. So.. enjoy? Enjoy.

ALSO. Mandated Epilepsy warning because of flashing colors EVERYWHERE.

Playlist with ALL 14 fights can be found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCF...kc5FUv7CLct9gl <-- Here.

As a sampler though, have Garrosh.

I play video games, darling.

Wow, i think i would of given up on the pull lol. It'd be one thing doing it as ranged but as melee i can hardly tell what's going on

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, great respect. As a melee you don't see anything in first person ;-)

Looking forward to the Siegecrafter video, that one must be cool (will watch it later, don't have the time now).

Sub or Combat? Just a quick question :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Sub or Combat? Just a quick question :P
    Combat. I prefer playing Sub, personally, but I can't mentally keep track of everything Sub would need while also trying to catch visual cues in first person and memorize the boss timers I need, unfortunately.

Second time today my mind was blown. First was a Prot Paladin soloing Oondasta. This, however, takes the cake. Damn nice job.

I have to ask, how much of a dps hit did you take by playing this way?

It depends heavily on the fight. On fights like Iron Juggernaut where there wasn't terribly much to worry about in terms of mechanics, I was probably managing to maintain 70% or so my normal DPS. Things like Paragons though? I'd be surprised if I was even doing 40% of what I normally do.

Was fun the first time around, and still cool
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I can't imagine doing that as melee o.o
    Paragons and seige were interesting lol.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

If anybody ever asks me why Blizzard is toning down visual effects from other players, I shall link them to this thread )

10+ Year Old Account
    My head hurts. I can imagine doing it as a ranged because you have a wider view. But as a melee? Hell naw! That shit cray.. I love playing melee but all these spell effects would annoy me too much.

What race are you? This looks too low even for first person. It looks like a goblin or something short, which makes it a lot harder, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    What race are you? This looks too low even for first person. It looks like a goblin or something short, which makes it a lot harder, in my opinion.
    Panderan. It's a bit odd, as Panda's aren't actually that short, but WoW in First Person tends to put the view a bit below where head height actually would be.

15+ Year Old Account
    That looks like some acid trip or something. Amazing stuff.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If anybody ever asks me why Blizzard is toning down visual effects from other players, I shall link them to this thread )
    If anybody ever says "my cloak proc isn't noticeable enough", I shall link them to this thread.

Also, mad props to the OP. I feel like calling this is impressive isn't doing it justice.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-07-07 at 12:30 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

This is very impressive. I want to try this, but I'm MT/RL. They'd be SOOOOO mad.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Gave me a headache in the first 10 seconds. Silly idea.

Deleted
    Did you disable weakauras?

I only ask because some of mine have sound cues for when trinkets proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Did you disable weakauras?

I only ask because some of mine have sound cues for when trinkets proc.
    I run a single weak aura for Malice on Garrosh. This is just because it communicates directly with other players in the raid though and thus disabling said Weak Aura would give away that I was attempting first person. Malice is.. luckily one of the easier mechanics to handle in first person, so it wouldn't matter terribly much. Other than that, all WA's are turned off.

I felt nauseous after the first 10 seconds!