Deleted

PC started but didnt boot.

Hey guys, yesterday i decided to upgrade my CPU and gpu(had a 960T and a hd7770), i just bought a fx 8320 and a R9 270x MSI 2gb/256mb, anyway i installed them and it worked perfectly fine for about 4-5 hours when i wanted to watch a movie and my pc just froze, i tried restarting it a few time but nothing happened, the pc was starting but it wasnt booting anything, no beep no nothing, so i decided to clean it rly good and switch the ram and i tried starting it again, this time it worked, im not rly sure what caused the problem but my guess is that the PSU is a bit low for what i got now, its a pretty bad psu, a rasurbo 550W silent power, i know the fx 8320 is pretty much power hungry, 125W, and the board is rated with a 180 Watt TDP according to some reviews, i also got 2 ssd's and a hdd, few fans with leds and thats pretty much it. u think the psu should handle them? or should i change it with a certified one? or is it possible that something else caused the problem?

Probably doesn't help that PSU looks kinda bad. Have you tried removing the GPU and just booting into the BIOS?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    yes i tried with both CPU's and GPU's had the same results, now its working perfect, and the temps are verry good, 35 for cpu and 41 for gpu.

- - - Updated - - -

its not the same PSU, this is a DLP550W.

Does it look like this or like this? I'm getting conflicting model numbers when I try to look stuff up, neither of them look good either way. Does anything else look amiss(bulging capacitors on the motherboard for example)?
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Deleted
    its the first one, i have it for like 3 years now, everything looks the way it should, even the psu looks goood inside, just cleaned it, the pc works as intented now but i rly wonder what could cause such a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    yes i tried with both CPU's and GPU's had the same results, now its working perfect, and the temps are verry good, 35 for cpu and 41 for gpu.

- - - Updated - - -

its not the same PSU, this is a DLP550W.
    41C is a bit high for idle
    my Sapphire r9 270x dual-x (worst cooler from sapphire?) idles at 33ish with 25C room temp.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    41C is a bit high for idle
    my Sapphire r9 270x dual-x (worst cooler from sapphire?) idles at 33ish with 25C room temp.
    Depends on ambient temprature though would worry if those are low

Could be a PSU problem or just as well something that was not connected 100% and since you opened it and checked stuff it might be in it's place now

Keep an eye might have been a one of fluke

Deleted
    my AC broke and its extremly hot, arround 26-27 celsius in my room, i got a good ventilation in my case tho, and 41 celsius was with 7 hours uptime and a few link's opened. what i noticed now is that my psu is a bit hotter than usual, doesnt burn but stil hot, i think it runs on over 40 celsius, i might have to change it.. gonna leave it here for the rest of the week so if i get any more problems, i have a super flower 450W bronze at my work, would that handle 2 ssd's 1 hdd a 8320 and a r9 270x + 3 fans? here's a link http://www.super-flower.com.tw/produ...=10&ID=55&lang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    my AC broke and its extremly hot, arround 26-27 celsius in my room, i got a good ventilation in my case tho, and 41 celsius was with 7 hours uptime and a few link's opened. what i noticed now is that my psu is a bit hotter than usual, doesnt burn but stil hot, i think it runs on over 40 celsius, i might have to change it.. gonna leave it here for the rest of the week so if i get any more problems, i have a super flower 450W bronze at my work, would that handle 2 ssd's 1 hdd a 8320 and a r9 270x + 3 fans? here's a link http://www.super-flower.com.tw/produ...=10&ID=55&lang
    If it would, it would be right on the edge.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    thought so, Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W, Corsair VS Series VS550 or the 650, i know both Seasonic and Corsair are great manufacters and both come with a 3 year warranty, what would u chose?

- - - Updated - - -

or a gold one, http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=18&ID=107&lang=

Where are you located and roughly how much are you looking to spend?

And if your PSU is 3-years old, it needs replaced by now due to degradation(performs less over time) and even if it was new, that is really pushing it with everything that is drawing from it.

Deleted
    im living in romania, they cost arround 60Euros each give or take. I think ill stick with the super flower, found some good reviews about it and they said the PSU is rly well build with good electronics. thanks for the help tho.