Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I deal with this on a day to day basis. I donate a lot of stuff to good will and the red cross when I can. I myself make ALOT of money but I am reluctant to give out more because I worry where that cash is really going. I would be more willing to help a family pay their rent for a month, or buy a family's kids xmas presents for the year or something. I also thought about investing in a micro apartment project in PDX for awhile now and/or building some organic health food markets in a nearby food desert. I am also more willing to help people who want to be helped - not people who want to be left alone to use drugs and take advantage of the welfare system.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    if it makes you feel better i earn shit-loads and rarely concern myself with other people.
    You will think differently when you have close friends/family who are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Eat the Rich!

Fuck every last one of the worthless, 'job creators'...

This world is fucked by pure tyranny and greed.

Fight.
    People who spill vitriol like yourself are also part of the problem. What a sad ignorant person you are...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I believe the most apathy towards poor people stems from people who once struggled themselves. Go through any of MMO-Champion's minimum wage threads and you'll see someone bring up anecdotal evidence as to how they made it so everyone else should be able to as well. The born rich crowd usually treats those in poverty like a blight or as something the needs to be pitied. In most cases they'll either donate money to charity to make themselves feel better or pretend they don't exist. To sympathize with those like yourself who are working paycheck to paycheck doesn't make you the problem...It makes you part of the solution. I can only hope that if and when you do end up in a better spot financially that you don't lose those feelings.