Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    And now Blizz is working on something completely different still calling it Titan. If you look at this like: Blizzard comes up with an idea of sci-fi mmofps, somewhere along the road Blizzard(Activision) decides that it would be better to get help from experienced sci-fi shooter people and basically acquire Bungie to help with development or even just to completely take over. Pretty crazy, but still possible. We'll see when Titan gets a proper announcement, I hope.
    Bustin out some serious amounts of tinfoil here. Let's take it point by point.
    There's nothing about the look of the game, and even really the design of it, that screams Blizzard. It looks like a Bungie game (i.e. like Halo). Not to mention that well before Blizzard confirmed that they were starting from scratch again, we had multiple reports of tips from Blizzard developers that the game was getting a total overhaul. I'm not talking about random Gaf rumors, but respected journalists who don't post schlock (Dean Takahashi of GamesBeat, for example). It was only after this that Blizzard said anything.

Also, I can't say I've ever heard of anything like this happening on this scale, so it would be a first to my knowledge.

Like, the whole situation is pretty ludicrous, and there's absolutely no reason to pull in Bungie over Blizzard. I mean, Blizzard is one of the most respected developers in the entire industry, easily surpassing Bungie in terms of recognition and respect, and has shown themselves capable to handle new genres over the years without issue.

Occam's Razor, man. The simplest solution is often the most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hope WoW has a its own "Dark Below" as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Simple: Titans are bad. Sargeras is sad. Old Gods are mad.

Deleted
    I'm still wondering, why did they not go through with the trademark then? Why did the trademark disappear?

^ That's what my question is. This Destiny expac does not really answer why Blizzard had a TEAS trademark that was then removed
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    ^ That's what my question is. This Destiny expac does not really answer why Blizzard had a TEAS trademark that was then removed

You are still assuming it was actually filed by blizzard.

No I am not. Regardless of who filed it - Destiny does not answer what it was.

*edit* the only way I can think of that Destiny TBD could possibly be related to the original trademark is if, say, a "trademark department" handles all of Activision's subsidiaries and filed TBD under the wrong one. Rabid fan base brought it to their attention and they then retracted it (if you can do that?).

If it was a troll file, it seems unlikely to be related to the Destiny expac.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2014-07-18 at 05:08 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

IMHO a misfiling issue.

Maybe the wires got crossed as to which firm and under which company the trademark was meant to be filed under. It's not like they need to file it under any recognisable company to own the trademark - it's possible they can file it under a shell company as Apple did for a recent set of trademarks [IIRC]. Or even on any online trademark database.

With the amount of money being spent on Destiny a misfiling is small change for them amirite. And it adds to the mystique of the name.

Could have still been a troll trademark, and then Activision-Blizzard was like "let's just spite the troll by using their troll trademark".

In other news, all new intellectual properties will require gibberish names because all the sensible ones have now been trademarked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% certain Titan was originally what has become Destiny. The Dark Below was confirmed a few weeks ago to be the first or second expansion pack for Destiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FellishBeast View Post
    I still hope WoW has a its own "Dark Below" as well.
    What I wouldn't give for this whole WoD thing to be a joke, and us having a massive underwater/island hoping war against the Naga. It is a huge army far larger than the Twilight's Hammer and the Scourge combined, they enslaved an elemental lord and are ruled by the most powerful 'mortal' to walk all planes of existence in that universe.

It would be expansion GOLD. The nostalgic schtik just isn't working for me =( I know I'm not alone in that.

Inb4 DDguides rage video.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I am 100% certain Titan was originally what has become Destiny. The Dark Below was confirmed a few weeks ago to be the first or second expansion pack for Destiny.
    Except that Blizzard isn't going to develop almost an entire game, and then hand it off to Bungie when Bungie signs on (but is not owned by) with Activision to make Destiny.

Seriously, all these "TITAN IS DESTINY! DESTINY IS TITAN!" conspiracy theories are getting silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bustin out some serious amounts of tinfoil here. Let's take it point by point.
    There's nothing about the look of the game, and even really the design of it, that screams Blizzard. It looks like a Bungie game (i.e. like Halo). Not to mention that well before Blizzard confirmed that they were starting from scratch again, we had multiple reports of tips from Blizzard developers that the game was getting a total overhaul. I'm not talking about random Gaf rumors, but respected journalists who don't post schlock (Dean Takahashi of GamesBeat, for example). It was only after this that Blizzard said anything.

Also, I can't say I've ever heard of anything like this happening on this scale, so it would be a first to my knowledge.

Like, the whole situation is pretty ludicrous, and there's absolutely no reason to pull in Bungie over Blizzard. I mean, Blizzard is one of the most respected developers in the entire industry, easily surpassing Bungie in terms of recognition and respect, and has shown themselves capable to handle new genres over the years without issue.

Occam's Razor, man. The simplest solution is often the most likely.
    Well, now we'll never know