Deleted

Need some help on choosing build parts

Hey, looking for a new build for the upcoming expansion, looking to run as high quality as possible (maybe not ultra since it needs gear that are out of my price range) and with high fps. Other games I play include CSGO and LoL.

For the GPU I've been suggested either the GTX 780 or 2x GTX 760, which is better? I have no idea on how double GPUs work.

For the MOBO I've been looking at MSI Z97-GD65, for a lack of knowledge on MOBOs i again ask if this is a solid pick.

For the CPU, I've pretty much made up my mind for i5-4690K, but it appears I need to overclock it, and it may be some difficulty for me as I have never overclocked anything, is there intels own program for such things or do I need to do it via BIOS?

The rest of the build I can cope with, but these are the ones I need some help with.

I appreciate every answere.

EDIT, SOLVED: I have gotten an aswere for each of my questions, thank you very much, case closed
    Last edited by mmoca18efc08ce; 2014-09-14 at 04:40 PM.

With those games you don't need a 780, a 660 can max them out. That being said it's still a good card but if you're low on cash this is where you would cut. A 770 would be more than enough or wait until the new cards are out and see how they affect prices. Getting the best single card you can is usually the best way to go.

Motherboard isn't a bad choice by any means but unless the gd65 has any unique features you can save money. They all tend to perform the same anyway. Asus z97-A would be enough or even the msi z97 g45, if you like that particular style, would be sufficient.

This is the cpu you want. Overclocking is easy if you want to put the short amount of time it takes to learn what you're doing, if that still sounds like too much work most motherboards has an auto-tune feature that will give a decent enough OC. Just remember you'll need an aftermarket cooler if you want to OC at all.

Deleted
    Okay thanks man, I'll still think about the GPU situation, I have a gtx 660M on my laptop at the moment, and It seems lackluster, allthough I have not overclocked it.
    I've heard good things from friends concerning the MOBO, and I think this is the one I want.

As for the cpu, you would not happen to have a good guide for overcloking it?(I'm looking all over for guides anyway)

For the GPU I honestly think the best option is to wait till the 970/980 are out some time this/next month and decide from there. 780 prices could drop/ gtx970 could be amazing for the price etc.

It's a good mobo, I was actually looking at getting the Z87 GD65 but didn't end up upgrading to that platform.

LinusTechTips on youtube will give you a good grounding to start OC'ing although I think he uses an asus board so it'll bit a little less straight forward. Beyond that I can't seem to find a specific msi guide so your next best bet is to look at some of the motherboard reviews and see how they went about it.

Deleted
    We would be able to help you alot more if you answered the following from the forum sticky.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?