Frost mage Gems/gear

Hello fellow blinkers,

I've been maining this mage from 5.0 till 5.3 but stopped for SOO, I wanted to know for frost gemming should I emphasize more on intellect gems ( 320 int for red, int/hit for blue and hase/int for yellow) or haste gems ( 320 haste for yellow, haste/int for red and haste/hit for blue). Reason I went back to int gemming was because of the loss of RPPM trinkets made me think int would be the better choice.

My armory link is the following: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Afmad/advanced

Thanks in advance.
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Much a matter of debate. What is clear is that with meta gem and cloak and higher level gear (550+) a solid amount of haste and then all mastery is way to go. Most like 14242 haste, crit shatter cap and then all mastery. If you like haste 18696 might be more to your taste. Better to look at gearing/ gemming with ask mr robot or reforge life, as it will balance stats from gems, reforge and enchants to reach your goals. You don't just want to stack haste or int gems

With as much crit as you have in your gear, you should consider going Fire.

As for Int vs Haste gemming, with the Immerseus trinket, secondary stats get a huge boost over intellect. They scale much better than Int once you have the trinket, to the point of expertise gemming becomes better than int (160 exp 160 haste > 80 int 160 haste on red slots).

I'd say try it out and see how it goes, but don't go above 50% haste buffed. When I play frost, I usually go mastery heavy with about 40% haste, but that's because I'm Arcane mainspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does have a lot of crit pieces, but I wouldn't recommend trying Fire without the 4 set bonus, and even then his ilvl is pretty low so even with the crit he has Fire is going to be somewhat painful.

No mage spec gems pure Int gems anymore - its all going to be int/secondary or pure secondary gems. There is some debate going on about haste above 14242 but that's not really relevant to you right now because you can't get to that level of haste with your gear. You could either go full mastery or haste to 12684 and mastery above that. You should really read Kuni's Frost guide and Akraen's as well

Also, under no circumstances should you be using Courageous Primal Diamond as a dps. Read the tooltip again - it only works on beneficial spells. You should be using Sinister Primal Diamond.

Thanks for advice, Got the 4p tonight. Didn't see the wrong meta gems and that was just rofl.....
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!