Deleted

Fw, legen cape question.

Hello,

I haz a question on my monk i generally fistweave, what cape would be better the int dps cape or the chi ji healing cape for that spec ?

Deleted
    Hello Kinkiey,

I am not 100% sure so me aswell would appreciate some clarification, but I think the healing one is better (even tho those stats are horrible, meh).

The main problem with the dps cloak is that that the Essence of Yu'lon is doing following: "Your damaging spell casts have a chance to empower you with the Essence of Yu'lon, causing you to hurl jade dragonflame at the target, dealing 1 (+ 200% of SpellPower) damage over 4 sec. This damage also affects other enemies near the burning target. (Approximately 3.00 procs per minute)"

And to be honest, I think that abilities such as "Blackout Kick" "Tiger Palm" "Jab" do NOT count as damaging spell. This means the healing one is better because of the proc.

As I said before I am not 100% sure so some more responses are happily appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    get the cape for the spec you are trying to perform. dont try using a cape from a different spec, you will suffer for it. blizz purposely broke the capes unless using the appropriate one for the appropriate spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    get the cape for the spec you are trying to perform. dont try using a cape from a different spec, you will suffer for it. blizz purposely broke the capes unless using the appropriate one for the appropriate spec.
    Well, but you have to agree with me that it is not wrong to question the cloaks . Those stats are horrible (atleast for monks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Hmmm, but dont discs also use the yu'lon 1 ? or am i just seeing things ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymerya View Post
    Hello Kinkiey,

I am not 100% sure so me aswell would appreciate some clarification, but I think the healing one is better (even tho those stats are horrible, meh).

The main problem with the dps cloak is that that the Essence of Yu'lon is doing following: "Your damaging spell casts have a chance to empower you with the Essence of Yu'lon, causing you to hurl jade dragonflame at the target, dealing 1 (+ 200% of SpellPower) damage over 4 sec. This damage also affects other enemies near the burning target. (Approximately 3.00 procs per minute)"

And to be honest, I think that abilities such as "Blackout Kick" "Tiger Palm" "Jab" do NOT count as damaging spell. This means the healing one is better because of the proc.

As I said before I am not 100% sure so some more responses are happily appreciated.
    Though if they did proc it ... would it be worth it would the healing from chi- ji cape outway the dmg done converted trough healing from the yu'lon cape

Disc mainly uses it to proc Twist of Faith more. The healing one isn't bad for disc either, contrary to popular belief.
    They're pretty much equal, with different fights favouring one over the other.

As a fistweaver I don't see any benefit from the DPS one except for a bit more dps maybe, if it can proc that is.
    I wouldn't count on the damage it does to proc eminence.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2014-07-09 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkiey View Post
    Hmmm, but dont discs also use the yu'lon 1 ? or am i just seeing things ?
    They do, but spells like "Smite" etc. are considered as damaging spells.

And 2.) Sorry, but i am new to MMO-Champion so I am not 100% sure how to do those multi quote things :P

So, if they did proc it I think it would be better. But since i almost never see someone using it I think it doesn't proc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS cloak does work for mistweavers, and if you want to truly DPS as a Mistweaver, you should also look into lightning weaving. There is a thread around on the forums here somewhere.
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

And 2.) Sorry, but i am new to MMO-Champion so I am not 100% sure how to do those multi quote things :P

So, if they did proc it I think it would be better. But since i almost never see someone using it I think it doesn't proc.
    Here's a comment cited from wowhead
    "For any Mistweavers that may be curious (because the stats for this one really are better then Chi-ji's for us):
    The proc DOES NOT contribute to eminence healing, and DOES NOT proc from fistweaving, only CJL or your level 30 talents."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastspirit View Post
    The DPS cloak does work for mistweavers, and if you want to truly DPS as a Mistweaver, you should also look into lightning weaving. There is a thread around on the forums here somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Here's a comment cited from wowhead
    "For any Mistweavers that may be curious (because the stats for this one really are better then Chi-ji's for us):
    The proc DOES NOT contribute to eminence healing, and DOES NOT proc from fistweaving, only CJL or your level 30 talents."
    Whoah, I am getting confused, so does it work or doesn't it? If it doesn't contribute to eminence healing why is someone using it?

Deleted
    On my monk I never use the heal cloak, since I never actually heal, but go Fistweaving on solo-tank bosses. Monk is called Oggar.
    Here are the logs of a Thok kill. You can see that for the dps, cloak did average 4-5% of total dps, where it was 6% of my dps as FW.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

And here the specific logs for my casts over the whole fight.
    Short link to avoid clutter

From what I can see, I have no clue where to look at.

GL

This how I go about using my cloaks for my clear each week. Most of the time I am to lazy and keep the dps one on from last weeks garrosh kill.
    Healer cloak:Thok- Do not need it here, its just nice to have the extra buffer.
    Does not matter: malkorok/jugg
    Dps cloak:Everything else

Will work in both 10/25 mon raids

Procs from CQL and chi wave. Chi wave on cd is enough to proc the cloak on cd.
    does not proc eminence.

As the person above me posted, just using Chi Wave will proc the cloak consistently. It doesn't give you any healing, but for me, it does to the dmg of Chi Wave over the entire fight. And since the healer cloak is utter bull crap on 10man, in both proc and stats, the dmg cloak is my choice for all fights.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=6442&e=6669

Example of our Malk HC kill, you can check other fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    As the person above me posted, just using Chi Wave will proc the cloak consistently. It doesn't give you any healing, but for me, it does to the dmg of Chi Wave over the entire fight. And since the healer cloak is utter bull crap on 10man, in both proc and stats, the dmg cloak is my choice for all fights.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=6442&e=6669

Example of our Malk HC kill, you can check other fights.
    Hey,

I see you're only spamming Crackling Jade Lightning. Is that because of the procs of DPS cloak? Am I correct? So pretty much the whole fight you're using Chi Wave, Renewing Mist on CD and CJL in the meantime?

How it is healing wise? Is it enough for the healing? Yes yes, I checked the logs, but I want to know your personal opinion .

Cheers.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eaver-Rotation

for your question. Its a guide but it should show you what you can achieve via those means. A lot of people use this style of healing, I don't think its the best for healing or damage but it is an option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eaver-Rotation

for your question. Its a guide but it should show you what you can achieve via those means. A lot of people use this style of healing, I don't think its the best for healing or damage but it is an option.
    Thank you Entropy,

I will check that out.

The DPS will not provide Eminence healing but it does proc from:

Crackling Jade Lightning
    Zen Sphere
    Chi Wave
    Chi Burst

And since it's based off of RPPM you don't even have to do one of these that often to get the right amount of procs (CJL every 10 seconds or so should do the trick).

The reason why a lot of people use the DPS cloak is because the healer cloak is complete garbage. The proc on it is 0.58 RPPM, or less than 10% uptime, and it's completely random when it actually happens. Outside of Thok, chances are it will never actually proc when you need it to, so a lot of people would rather just do 5-10% more damage.

Hey,

I see you're only spamming Crackling Jade Lightning. Is that because of the procs of DPS cloak? Am I correct? So pretty much the whole fight you're using Chi Wave, Renewing Mist on CD and CJL in the meantime?

How it is healing wise? Is it enough for the healing? Yes yes, I checked the logs, but I want to know your personal opinion .

Cheers.
    It's enough because of the setting I play in. 10man HC, with either a disc priest or a druid 582 ilvl. The druid specifically asked me not to heal the entire night so he could rank, just dps eminence to cover a bit. Even then I healed too much and he didn't rank next time he says not to use statue.

The only reason you would go with the Spell-caster DPS cloak is for more DPS.. It doesn't improve your healing at all, as it doesn't proc Eminence. If you don't need to worry about healing all that much, then go for it. Otherwise, go with the Healing Cloak.