Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ten years from now, what will you have accomplished / at least tried to?

You can write a goal or a list of things, or whatever you like. It can be from dreams to love to job-related, anything really.

Things I want accomplished:

I want to have moved away from Norway, permanently.
    I want to have finished at least the first novel that I've already worked for a year and a half, great + if published or gotten any contacts whom could help later on.
    I want to, or at least hope, that many of the troubles that are currently existing are gone and dealt with.
    I want to have partially reinvented myself.

Silly thread, but I guess it's fun to actually write down what you expect yourself to at least have tried to do.

Edit: Oh and your age would be nice, you know...for scale. I'm turning 19.
    Last edited by Coeryn; 2014-07-09 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Hopefully started a family by then. However, that's it, I like to leave things to destiny and not speculate too much.

Deleted
    Fully paid off mortgage £165k to go................................ :*(

Deleted
    I'm desperate for a family, I'll be pretty gutted if I turn 35 and am not married with kids : ( Doesn't look likely so far though : (

Published an indie title, gotten married, started a family.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm desperate for a family, I'll be pretty gutted if I turn 35 and am not married with kids : ( Doesn't look likely so far though : (
    How old are you now then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Published an indie title, gotten married, started a family.
    You're working on a game?

15+ Year Old Account
    In ten years I'd like to have advanced from intermediate programmer to more of a senior system architect role, and the house I'm buying will hopefully be ripe to sell at a profit to upsize.

Partner and I both have no real desire to marry, as it's a religious institution which I find hypocritical to be involved in if you don't actually follow the faith. If anything we'd get it done at the council registrar for legal reasons.

If I have kids, my partner and I have decided to adopt as there is a high chance my offspring will also be autistic, and there are plenty of kids out there who already need a loving home without breeding more.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Not expecting to accomplish anything really. Maybe this sharp pain above and to side of my right eye will turn out to be something.

Deleted
    Have an income?
    Dunno lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Not expecting to accomplish anything really. Maybe this sharp pain above and to side of my right eye will turn out to be something.
    I'd suggest a trip to the doctor.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Probably not much.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    How old are you now then?
    24, nearly 25, hence the goal of 35 and the "10 years" topic of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finish my chemistry degree and hopefully get a first like I am on course for. Just finished my second year, 2 to go. Become fluent in Spanish, I've been learning it for a while now. I can read it pretty damn well, listening not too bad. However I have noone to speak it to except the cats and my sister (doing a spanish degree) so that is lagging behind.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Married with a family, hopefully not a paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle. Gonna see what this college stuff does for me, aside from accumulate debt.

Ten years from now i'll hopefully have an officer position in the Army. That is what i'm currently working towards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    24, nearly 25, hence the goal of 35 and the "10 years" topic of the thread.
    Lol of course.

Well, plenty can happen in 10 years, I wouldn't give up on life I were you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Lol of course.

Well, plenty can happen in 10 years, I wouldn't give up on life I were you.
    I wont, I'm a fighter! Just my relationships all fall to bits within a year. I just wanna meet my miss right!

Deleted
    I know I'd at least be the mother to 1 kid. Turning 24 in august.

15+ Year Old Account
    ten years from now, a family, the sequel to the game friends and i are working on, and visited some places i just want to see
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'll be halfway to this:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8728
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.