Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's nothing to discuss here. Reid said a thing, he misspoke. Whatever.
    I might be willing to accept his statement about the SCOTUS as "misspeak" if he didn't have a pattern of making false statements. You did read the other three examples I mentioned, yes?

Now is his statement wrong? Yes. Obviously. I'm inclined to think he did it, however, on purpose. He used it to appeal to his base by presenting the stereo-typical "old white man" argument. It's the same thing he, and others, use when the complain about racism, or the war on women. They always target the "old white man."

Oh man you mean a man who speaks publicly every day mispoke several times over a time period? Color me shocked.

Frankly given his behavior on the court I can't fault someone for failing to remember Thomas.

You want to file a suit for slander over him saying "5 white men"? lawl.
    Still hung-up on the SCOTUS?

How about when he spread rumors about Romney not paying taxes? Or when he called the Koch brothers "un-American?" Or when he declared that anyone with a "horror" Obamacare story was a "liar?"

Should I keep going?

Seriously...we get it. You don't like the Hobby Lobby case. Stop obsessing over that ONE item.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Still hung-up on the SCOTUS?

How about when he spread rumors about Romney not paying taxes? Or when he called the Koch brothers "un-American?" Or when he declared that anyone with a "horror" Obamacare story was a "liar?"

Should I keep going?

Seriously...we get it. You don't like the Hobby Lobby case. Stop obsessing over that ONE item.
    Well I think this clears up what you're really looking for from this thread.

Oh man you mean a man who speaks publicly every day mispoke several times over a time period? Color me shocked.

Frankly given his behavior on the court I can't fault someone for failing to remember Thomas.
    There you have it.

When a Democrat/Liberal does it, repeatedly, it's "misspeaking." When a Republican spreads stories, admittedly without evidence, or brings up race...they're liars, racist, bigots...they're part of a war on women.

Nope..no bias from Wells at all.

Deleted
    Or when he called the Koch brothers "un-American?"
    Oh please, the "un-American" card is played near constantly by both of the major US parties.

Note: This is less a story about the Hobby Lobby case and more a story about Reid. That's why I created a separate post for it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...eption-ruling/

Short:
    While announcing Senate plans to unveil legislation that would address the SCOTUS recent Hobby Lobby ruling, Harry Reid bemoaned the "five white men" on the SCOTUS. The problem? It's really four white men and one African American...Clarence Thomas.

It's not the first time Reid has made questionable remarks. During the 2012 Presidential campaign took to the Senate floor to announce that "a source" told him that "Mitt Romney paid no taxes for ten years." In a later interview he added, "his (Mitts) poor father must be so embarrassed." Later he added that he didn't know for sure if the claim was valid. But he said it anyway. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...kSNX_blog.html) The claim was never proven to be accurate but caused a media frenzy in which sources like CNN, Huffpo (go figure), and others demanded that Romney release more than a decades worth of returns. (One would think that, had Romney not paid taxes for ten years, the IRS would know about it and be all over him.)

Since the election Reid has referred to people opposed to Obama, especially the Koch brothers, as "un-American" and "racist." And he's stated that "victims" of Obamacare "are all liars." (This was in response to a story about a woman with lukemia who lost her coverage. Imagine if a Republican called a woman a "liar.")

The fact is most of Reids claims are made on the Senate floor where he is granted legal immunity. As such he can say whatever he wants, with or (and more often) without evidence, and face no repercussions.

A white ethnomasochist who is also a Democrat? Color me shocked.

There you have it.

When a Democrat/Liberal does it, repeatedly, it's "misspeaking." When a Republican spreads stories, admittedly without evidence, or brings up race...they're liars, racist, bigots...they're part of a war on women.

Listen, I know you guys think Harry Reid is like a combination of Dr Evil and Mr Magoo but this is silly.

Well I think this clears up what you're really looking for from this thread.
    Yup.

Looking for someone intelligent to call out Harry Reid for his own words.

Obviously you aren't that person as you're more interested in defending his words and as misspeaking...repeatedly...even though he knew exactly what he was saying.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-07-09 at 03:53 PM.

Looking for someone intelligent to call out Harry Reid for his own words.
    So you're literally looking for people to stand around and agree with you. Have fun.

Don't worry, it's okay for democrats to say idiotic things. It's when a republican says something stupid when it really matters.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

There you have it.

Wait, I thought this thread was about your obsession with Harry Reid's greatest follies, not whether Wells agrees with your absurdity.

Again, how is this subject not just a setup for you to whine about liberals possibly defending a man that isn't very , yet more likable than his counterparts and alternatives. I mean, shit like this thread almost forces people to defend someone they don't really want to because the "true conservative" victimization complex and whining is just too much.

Is anyone at all happy with Harry Reid? As someone who would like to see the Democrat party burn to the ground and exiled to third world countries, I'd gladly vote for their team if it meant that he wasn't running the show for them anymore.

Note: This is less a story about the Hobby Lobby case and more a story about Reid. That's why I created a separate post for it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...eption-ruling/

Short:
    While announcing Senate plans to unveil legislation that would address the SCOTUS recent Hobby Lobby ruling, Harry Reid bemoaned the "five white men" on the SCOTUS. The problem? It's really four white men and one African American...Clarence Thomas.

It's not the first time Reid has made questionable remarks. During the 2012 Presidential campaign took to the Senate floor to announce that "a source" told him that "Mitt Romney paid no taxes for ten years." In a later interview he added, "his (Mitts) poor father must be so embarrassed." Later he added that he didn't know for sure if the claim was valid. But he said it anyway. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...kSNX_blog.html) The claim was never proven to be accurate but caused a media frenzy in which sources like CNN, Huffpo (go figure), and others demanded that Romney release more than a decades worth of returns. (One would think that, had Romney not paid taxes for ten years, the IRS would know about it and be all over him.)

Since the election Reid has referred to people opposed to Obama, especially the Koch brothers, as "un-American" and "racist." And he's stated that "victims" of Obamacare "are all liars." (This was in response to a story about a woman with lukemia who lost her coverage. Imagine if a Republican called a woman a "liar.")

The fact is most of Reids claims are made on the Senate floor where he is granted legal immunity. As such he can say whatever he wants, with or (and more often) without evidence, and face no repercussions.
    Heiry Reed is a jackass and the only people that take him seriously are the liberal run news outlets and liberals themselves. He is worse then Sarah Palin and that says something.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't misspeak several times..he lied several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm locking this, since it wasn't opened with the intent to be a constructive discussion, and isn't going anywhere productive.