Deleted

Q key not wanting to work with others.

Hello all,

Ive run into an odd problem with my keyboard that google and tech forums have been unable to answer. My Q key works when im typing like normal, works when I hold down shift to capitalise it, but for some reason when I try to use it in combination with any other keys it refuses to register. For example say im in wow and strafing left using Q if I try to jump using space nothing happens. Im no keyboard turner but I do make extensive use of Q and E to strafe about. Q will work on its own but not in conjunction with other keys.

Up until now its been a minor issue that ive ignored or worked around but recently I was gifted a copy of thief and got stuck on a section in which I had to jump left off a pipe by holding Q and pressing space. In the end I had to go into keybindings and rebind the movement key to another key. Also when playing terraria I have to rebind the keys because I cannot run left and jump at the same time.

Ive cleaned out my keyboard and it still happens. Ive double checked the ease of access tools and they are all off. Ive tried different keyboards and it still happens.

Im here now hat in hand hoping that someone with more knowledge then me may have seen this before and know how to fix it.

Cheers in advance,
    Wikkr

Update: at the suggestion of a friend I tried my keyboard on his computer and found the same problem. When we tried his keyboard on mine it worked fine. Seems to be a problem with both my main and backup keyboard.
    Last edited by mmocb5ea813129; 2014-07-09 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

This issue is likely not limited to your Q key. You will probably find that other keys run into the same problem. The issue is that your keyboard can only handle a very limited number of key inputs at any given time (Keyboard Ghosting). This article should explain your problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscie...explained.mspx

This is a very common issue with cheaper keyboards, even some expensive keyboards can only handle like 3-4 simultaneous key inputs).