Thread: WOD Feral PvP

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,476
    I was insanely hyped about Feral when WoD was announced. Then i saw patch after patch with nerfs to druids
    and i lost alot of hype.

    In the end i think i will still main my druid come WoD but im not as hyped as before. Here's hoping for atleast some buffs
    to ferals or nerfs to other dps before release...
    Epic!

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoxas View Post
    With glyph of catform (20% more healing on you while cat) + DoC (20% more rejuv and HT) + Cenarion Ward feels good... I think survival is decent/where it should be. The tricks is you can keep your combopoints rolling. Finnishers = great heals. Getting alot of cc / burst, surviving will be more challenging (because your not building CP's and not making finnishers). But you can't have all imo. I think feral survival is wellbalanced, even after the 20% nerf (Battle fatigue).



    I think we are too powerfull in offhealing. Like i said in the above answer, i think how we can heal ourself is fair. However with DoC, we duplicate every heal on our arenapartners on ourselves, even your 80k HT crits... If think this could be toned down. Its fun to be able to offheal for okay numbers as melee dps, it fits our great hybrid role. However i think its a bit much you heal yourself for those exact numbers when your casting on someone else. You should be either healing yourself OR your partner, healing both in the same GCD is a bit much.



    Not quite sure what your asking If your talking about playing with (or without) classes who tend to use your DR-catagories (like rogues), i dont think alot of comps wil be especially seen less or more. Example, i played with some random rogue vs resto drood/hunter. We did manage to lockdown targets quite good. And if my rogue got in trouble he could easily vanish/stealth were i could heal him up (without much trouble). So i'm saying, there's more to take in consideration when trying different combs, and DR is just a part.

    ...but maybe some new combs will be born with better DR-CC-chains, done ~hundred games on Beta (on different classes) and haven't seen a special feral comb in particular.



    A big YES! Most of this comes from the savage roar glyph. When i'm PvP'ing, my focus is on my teammates, surviving, locking my target down, keeping my HP up, keeping my target bleeding, CC'ing that healer that is LoS'ing my clones... etc. I'm not f*cking PvE'ing where i need to get my shitty buff running or else i'll be doing 40% less damage then every other PvP'player, because this stupid spec is built to have it up at all times.. (can we call that even a buff, your basically 40% behind on everyone else when it's not on).
    In addition to that. Less buttons, on live I run with my Razer Naga and double key functions (shift-marco's) and I still had trouble binding every necessary button for PvP. Now i'm (just) fine... The amount of abilities feels just feels right (can't say this about Hunters/Retri's/Blood DK's on the other hand. Dumbed down way too much, way to little (rewarding) buttons to press)
    Thank you very much for your feedback, this has been the most clear cut information I've received so far bud appreciate it.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoxas View Post
    With glyph of catform (20% more healing on you while cat) + DoC (20% more rejuv and HT) + Cenarion Ward feels good... I think survival is decent/where it should be. The tricks is you can keep your combopoints rolling. Finnishers = great heals. Getting alot of cc / burst, surviving will be more challenging (because your not building CP's and not making finnishers). But you can't have all imo. I think feral survival is wellbalanced, even after the 20% nerf (Battle fatigue).

    I think we are too powerfull in offhealing. Like i said in the above answer, i think how we can heal ourself is fair. However with DoC, we duplicate every heal on our arenapartners on ourselves, even your 80k HT crits... If think this could be toned down. Its fun to be able to offheal for okay numbers as melee dps, it fits our great hybrid role. However i think its a bit much you heal yourself for those exact numbers when your casting on someone else. You should be either healing yourself OR your partner, healing both in the same GCD is a bit much.
    Ninth life glyph will more than likely be better even with self healing, so no 20% more heals in cat. While our healing is too strong the way it is right now in beta, it will get a nerf because healing in general will be toned down. After that happens our self-healing alone won't be sufficient as a survival mechanic.

    Self-healing doesn't make a good DR replacement because it doesn't function as a flat percentage reduction and is less effective as you have more than one dps on you. Furthermore, it makes it too hard for blizzard to balance. Ideally they should tone down healing and give us barkskin back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoxas View Post
    ...but maybe some new combs will be born with better DR-CC-chains, done ~hundred games on Beta (on different classes) and haven't seen a special feral comb in particular.
    Well, rule out any feral comps with priests or locks. Unless you're going with a tunnel comp like kitty cleave where you won't cc much.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apoxas View Post
    A big YES! Most of this comes from the savage roar glyph. When i'm PvP'ing, my focus is on my teammates, surviving, locking my target down, keeping my HP up, keeping my target bleeding, CC'ing that healer that is LoS'ing my clones... etc. I'm not f*cking PvE'ing where i need to get my shitty buff running or else i'll be doing 40% less damage then every other PvP'player, because this stupid spec is built to have it up at all times.. (can we call that even a buff, your basically 40% behind on everyone else when it's not on).
    In addition to that. Less buttons, on live I run with my Razer Naga and double key functions (shift-marco's) and I still had trouble binding every necessary button for PvP. Now i'm (just) fine... The amount of abilities feels just feels right (can't say this about Hunters/Retri's/Blood DK's on the other hand. Dumbed down way too much, way to little (rewarding) buttons to press)
    I agree that SR is an annoying mechanic, but regardless of how people want to spin it, it's a measure of skill being able to balance it and other parts of the Feral toolkit. Overall there have been too many abilities stripped from various classes, and there's no real reward, no real measure for superior play anymore.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Ninth life glyph will more than likely be better even with self healing, so no 20% more heals in cat. While our healing is too strong the way it is right now in beta, it will get a nerf because healing in general will be toned down. After that happens our self-healing alone won't be sufficient as a survival mechanic.

    Self-healing doesn't make a good DR replacement because it doesn't function as a flat percentage reduction and is less effective as you have more than one dps on you. Furthermore, it makes it too hard for blizzard to balance. Ideally they should tone down healing and give us barkskin back.
    I agree, they really need to revise the barkskin removal

    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Well, rule out any feral comps with priests or locks. Unless you're going with a tunnel comp like kitty cleave where you won't cc much.
    This was my main worry, feral is already a niche spec in arena, these changes further trim the possible comps or just leave it open for other classes to replace us in comps



    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I agree that SR is an annoying mechanic, but regardless of how people want to spin it, it's a measure of skill being able to balance it and other parts of the Feral toolkit. Overall there have been too many abilities stripped from various classes, and there's no real reward, no real measure for superior play anymore.
    I agree with you that it adds complexity to our class however we are forced to do this in order to remain competitive with other classes who have to try less to achieve the same results. If our more complex rotation meant that we would be top tier i'd understand but this isn't the case and therefore should be removed altogether.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •