How much of a bonus does a hunters 4 set give?

I have a 4 set I could use on my Survival hunter, but two pieces are lower ilvl than if I go without having the 4 set. To complete the 4 set I have to use a 528 LFR chest, and 540 flex gloves. With only a 2 set I have 556 upgraded flex gloves and 540 flex chest. Does the bonus from a 4 set justify such a loss in primary stats? My overall ilvl drops 2 points when I have the 4 set equipped.
    Last edited by MrClarkchat; 2014-07-10 at 04:09 AM.

According to Askmrrobot, the 4set is better, by a couple thousand DPS. Not a major increase, but it is an increase. Assuming that you have the BiS non-tier stuff, obviously. And when you upgrade the tier gloves it'll be even better.

Obviously, mileage will vary depending on your exact gear setup right now

If you like you can look up my character on askmrrobot to see his gear, he's Warthil on Wyrmrest Accord. His gear is not all best in slot, currently equipped is non-tier setup, the tier set has less crit than the non-tier I believe, so I may make up the 2k dps increase with the added crit. Not sure.

You won't. 4P is amazingly strong for SV hunter- I'd only consider it an upgrade if it was two tiers (i.e., Norm/Norm war forged vs LFR or Heroic vs Flex) between the tier and non-tier.

Also, don't upgrade non tier items in tier slots!

Your gloves are the same ilvl, you can upgrade the tier gloves to 556. And LFR vs Flex chest isn't a huge difference.

Just purchased the best in bag option on askmrobot and am messing with it right now, so if you just looked at me I probably had a mess as a gear set. lol.

My gloves are 556 that are non-tier btw. I upgraded the non-tier gloves long ago. I didn't know a lot about tier sets, or that the gloves would be replaced. A waste of valor I guess.

Ok, I just finished doing a comparison, tier vs non tier higher ilvl, and the 4 piece tier set is giving me 5 to 10k less damage on a dummy.
    Last edited by MrClarkchat; 2014-07-10 at 06:59 AM.