Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    This part with crit and more MSW proccs jsut makes no sense anyways. On live, you anyways have just 3 stats and haste and crit is just better because haste is so underwhelming in pvp.

I still don't think that haste will be good in PVP. I still think that versatility and multistrike will be our best stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    In Cata, enhance was easily one of the top 1v1 specs.
    Feral Spirits was also an I win button for a large part of WOTLK in duels iirc.

But yeah, late cata enhance was my favorite enhance, not burst, all sustained, great utility and good survivability. Loved it in PVE too, except for how having no burst made us horrible for spine (I went healer for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    This part with crit and more MSW proccs jsut makes no sense anyways. On live, you anyways have just 3 stats and haste and crit is just better because haste is so underwhelming in pvp.

I still don't think that haste will be good in PVP. I still think that versatility and multistrike will be our best stats.
    It's not that haste is bad.

It's that EB is our hardesting hitting ability and gets bonus crit from SS, with that and pridful gear stacking crit (after mastery) you get like 65% crit chance with it. You stack mastery and crit to make it and ascendance and lavalash hit as hard as possible for gibs.

Haste is still good for sustained, damage, utility and survivability if you have uptime, and before EB was buffed with the SS debuff change and they added Frost Brand to your PVP set bonus, everyone used UF and was stacking mastery/haste.

With LB hitting hard on beta and EB not being that much better and ascendance nerfed to the ground (no mastery benefit), and crit gone to shit we might be going multistrike > haste = versitility > mastery with UF instead. Not sure where versatility fits in.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-25 at 04:03 PM.

I made a video, no cuts, just queing straight skirmashes as enhance on WoD. We definately are going back to cata enhance shaman playstyle, but thats not to say our burst was tuned down, liquid magma provides decent burst, along side EotE proccing with ascendance (I chose not to use EM cause it can be purged easily). I heard rumors that multi-strike is underperforming currently, and it should get better. That being said, I think the stat priority is much similiar to what Emophia said, being: Haste > Multistrike=Versatility > Mastery > Crit with unleashed fury being our 90 talent because LB actually hits hard and we would need the extra maelstrom procs.

At the moment on the beta, our healing is OKAY, it's not as good as live. But you can still abuse the purging glyph and just purge and heal. We are not as strong as our boomkin overlords, but we are definitely not bad. As for survivability, I wanna say we are better then we are on live, due to our 2pc causing us to have 50% decreased CC duration for 30sec. This set bonus is HUGE, and it will let us keep the pressure and most likely force CDs before the other team because we can't be CC'd, allow us to conitnue stop CC on our healer with grounding and shear. It even leaves the option of running double dps trinket because of it. The only downfall I'd say is hex, because I like to hex mage's deep freezes instantly, instant hex on a mage's RMP/RMD opener, or hex an aura mastery cast, and to do these things now will involve juking, and sometimes you just don't have the time to juke.

Here is the video if anyone is interested:
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

Damn GEMA , cant watch.

Good that you're hear, tactic, we need high ranked enhancement shamans on the beta. Some questions:

-Mana: How does our mana reg work exactly? How fast is it? Have we actually lower issues than on live with using purge a lot? (you mentioned the purge glyph)
    -Uptime: How's pressure when faced with a lot of kiting? I get you're used to what we've got, but what's your take on the average skilled player? Will they be able to keep the pressure rolling with just a bunch of weak sprints?
    -LM: You mentioned EB easily dispellable, but what about LM? 5hp on ST makes this even more problematic for me than EM.
    -Glyph avaiability: With Healing Storm being baseline, what are your thoughts on glyph choices come cata?
    Looking at how pressure IMO is everything in arena, and lots of damage for a sustained spec as we will be will require good mobility, I'd have guessed glyph of Spiritwalk, and/or Ghostwolf, coupled with Lightning Shield. With ES gone and long FS duration, I'd guess we dont have to worry about Frostbrand glyph because Frostshocks aviable all the time, making Frozen Power problematic due to DR? That said, if purge spam is actually possible now, we'd be able to make up for a teensy tiny bit less uptime with the ability to gather msw stacks for selfheal/damage even while on range. Whenever I see an enh video, a lot of it consists of just standing there, purging, shocking, and casting stuff, instead of much melee action. Meanwhile the warrior spams and spams and spams and enemies fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Mana: It seems to be fine, we can actually afford to cast healing surge without going oom. I have a pretty hefty habit of purging alot and in comparison to live, I don't have to use mana shield or offensively pop SR just to get mana back.

Uptime: There isn't alot of range on the beta, but assuming you don't waste your freedoms and sprints on nothing, but actually using them to counter blinks/disengages..etc you shouldn't notice a difference from live, if anything it is better because we do have a dinky sprint.

LM: Considering we don't have searing flame dispel protection, our only dispel protection will be our healer buffs, and if no healer EM will be purged within 2 globals. If the meta shifts to where people consistently stomp our searing totem, then I might need to change my mind, but at the moment no has, and every other 100 talent is pure dog sh*t.

Gylphs: I like glyph of purging, and lightning shield for the first 2. The 3rd slot could be either hex, frostflame weapon, or cap totem, obviously dependent on what we are facing. I have done a whole expansion without spirit walk glyph or ghost wolf and staying on my target, so I don't think it is necessary.

As for the video, you can try the extention called "Hola" which tricks youtube into thinking you are from Canada, States, GB, whichever you want, if you really want to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Damn GEMA , cant watch.
    use a proxy. this is what I did. (proxytube)

15+ Year Old Account
    i was been not plaing for last year, get bored by wow and found a job to :P
    till seeing this movie i was been 90% sure i will not buy expansion, now im about 50% sure so good work i supose :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2014-08-26 at 10:03 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Thanks, hola worked. After my last proxy turned from free to having to pay I couldn't find a good replacement

On 6:15, is that the "official" look of our pvp set? Haven't seen that on mmo-c yet.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Nice video, but what's up with searing totem never attacking anything? like http://youtu.be/ndjusp01VI8?t=16m21s for example, just sits there, now that they've buffed it to do a pretty decent portion of our damage that's kind of a big deal.

Also, swear down your liquid magma never once hit the target you were actually attacking. And it attacked pets more than actual players. The other talents are shit, but I think they said they're going to buff the shock one so yeah, maybe it'll be enough since it's more reliable.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-27 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Nice video, but what's up with searing totem never attacking anything? like http://youtu.be/ndjusp01VI8?t=16m21s for example, just sits there, now that they've buffed it to do a pretty decent portion of our damage that's kind of a big deal.

Also, swear down your liquid magma never once hit the target you were actually attacking. And it attacked pets more than actual players. The other talents are shit, but I think they said they're going to buff the shock one so yeah, maybe it'll be enough since it's more reliable.
    My Fire ele was down at that point. I mean beta is beta I guess.

Thanks for the good video and commentary. Now if we all had the skill of a +2700 player I'd feel better about our state so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post
    My Fire ele was down at that point. I mean beta is beta I guess.
    Oh right missed that.

I think enhc seems fine mechanically and will be fine once other melee are brought back in line and parry is fixed. But I'd like the level 100 talents to be redone, and some of our pet damage moves to us.

I dont think enh is "fine". Hex is a big no. Cast time plus cooldown is just that bad. I cringed when I saw him cast that slow hex as enh, or from seeing enemies hop away behind pillars after actually getting it of, wasting the spell.

I also felt for the times he faced a resto, looking at how all those totems got quickly taken care off...as a shaman, it's no surprising you're big on destroying other's totems, knowing how much they rely on these fragile utility tools.

It is true, I did not see as big a lack of downtime in terms of sustained as I imagined. That said, we're talking about a highly skilled player versus randoms, so it's hard to get an idea on high lvl matches. I'll be holding my tongue on damage/burst, because that'll be managed in the last number passes. Also, improving gear and possible buffs/nerfs after release will add to it.

One good (I think?) thing I noticed: Decent mana reg. Something like 1k mana in 4-5s, with a 23k mana pool. so 1%+/s => After the 4th purge you have gotten back the mana for the first. Looking at how Frost Shock's 5%, UE 7.5%, Lb 1.3-2.7% of base mana (with 3-4 stacks, 0% with full stacks) and Healing Surge 4.2-8.4% (0% with 5 stacks) of base mana, I dont think we'll have to many mana problems as long as get into melee range every.

That said, do we generate additional mana on melee contact, like with old primal wisdom, or do we just spend less, through SS/LL costing only 1% base mana?. I'd hope the former, because I am not so confident about it when we start having more haste (lower gcds, faster spending).
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-08-28 at 08:41 AM.

We are not as strong as our boomkin overlords, but we are definitely not bad.
    Sorry, was away for a while so the answer might be obvious to some but not me:

Is Boomkin so great in WOD (or are we talking MOP)? If it's so great why?

Going by his (WoD beta)video, they appear to have amazing healing capabilities.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-08-28 at 10:17 AM.

Eh, I don't think hex needs to be instant, but it does need to be a shorter cast for enhc, maybe like 50% less enhc only perk? Or MW_5 = 75% less?

Also the CD reduction glyph should be baseline.

Edit:

Also I just realized something in the mechanical thread, for BGs we don't have a 40 yard ability to stop flagcaps/bombs anymore, since UE doesn't do any damage, and shocks are only 25 yards (+5 with the glove bonus, which we seem to have lost in WoD) compared to UE's 40.

Massive pita.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-28 at 05:17 PM.

It bother's me that they buffed searing totem damage even more, man I hate that thing. Just get rid of it please! Also nerf MW by 20% and give druids a 30sec skin, please tell me this is a joke.

I just don't understand the lack of Shaman change, and the Shaman patch notes, I don't understand blizzards' thinking.... Reading celest's responses to shaman community (or lack there of) It always sounds like the implication is: (We hear you community, but we disagree and want to make shamans 180 degrees the other direction than you want them to go, community; this is our class we make, and your concept of it is wrong, ours is correct.) I love Shaman, and I want to main to in warlords.... But there is so much that just feels clunky, and not adressed... idk what to do....

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Thanks for the video Tactic, gave me some hope for shaman pvp

It bother's me that they buffed searing totem damage even more, man I hate that thing. Just get rid of it please! Also nerf MW by 20% and give druids a 30sec skin, please tell me this is a joke.
    I wish.

And doesn't this mean Druids will have a 30 second CD aura mastery now? LMAO.