Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It worked for me just fine yesterday, but I have definitely experienced times when it fails to prevent the cast. There are many possible reasons, including those listed above, latency or late reaction, but there are probably other causes too. I've noticed on occasion that my cloak will proc a split second before I feign and neither of the two /stopcasting lines before /cast FD will interrupt that effect. It seems to prevent the game from taking you out of combat. Pretty sure I've seen the same with meta procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markurius View Post
    I had the same problem on hc Blackfuse until I realised that i couldn't feign what i didn't have aggro on since I started by the pipe and never touched the boss. After dropping an explosive trap next to boss before pull, the feign started to work again. At least this is my interpretation since the problem was solved.
    you know what, you're a fucking genius. this is the exact problem. on 2/3 of those attempts where feign death failed my guild was trying some weird strat where they tanked the boss in some god forsaken place far away from the pipe so I never touched him. the other attempt where it failed I think it was just latency issue.

because usually they would be tanking the boss near the pipe so after I solo first belt with lust cds and trinkets I jump down and dps boss until next assembly line and it has worked fine the past 100 attempts and only when they tank boss far away for a couple attempts to try something I had issues.

God has sent an angel down to solve my issue and now it is resolved. ty all for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Siege help fast View Post
    you know what, you're a fucking genius. this is the exact problem. on 2/3 of those attempts where feign death failed my guild was trying some weird strat where they tanked the boss in some god forsaken place far away from the pipe so I never touched him. the other attempt where it failed I think it was just latency issue.

because usually they would be tanking the boss near the pipe so after I solo first belt with lust cds and trinkets I jump down and dps boss until next assembly line and it has worked fine the past 100 attempts and only when they tank boss far away for a couple attempts to try something I had issues.

God has sent an angel down to solve my issue and now it is resolved. ty all for the help.
    Glad to help . It was getting on my nerves too until i found the solution.

That can't be right though, because it works just fine for me every time, despite not touching the boss (he's on the other side of the room near spawn of adds).

Deleted
    idk man tonight I was always putting damage on the boss right after 1st belt and didn't have a single issue with feign death not working like I was having the attempts where I had no damage on boss.

it worked for me so I'm just going to go with it and not question it

Also just to test the theory I asked my guild to do the retarded strat thingy where they tank the boss in god forsaken land and sure enough saw blade still came at me while feign deathed.

who knows /shrug
    Last edited by mmoce44bacc9e9; 2014-07-12 at 04:55 AM.

Just give the activation a bit more time than you otherwise would, it works fine.

Playing on 175ms I hit my stopcast FD macro at about half way on the cast and it works every time. If I do it too early it doesn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I notice sometimes if the boss is too far away (my guild has him on the complete other side of the room) my pet just refuses to attack the boss so I am forced to have to dismiss it. I am spamming my pet attack button as well as abilities with the pet attack/no target thing. Just stands next to me.
    I know this problem. I started the progress with dismissing the pet but it was quite stressful. So I started sending my pet to the boss. And my solution when my pet refuses to attack: run to the boss and spam petattack until it starts running and then ... run for your life if magnetic crush is about to start (it's quite hard to jump on the belt with magnetic crush active).

We tank him on the opposite side of the pipes, where the crawler mines spawn. I dont know which belt exactly, but it happens at least 1 time in the fight that I have to run towards the boss.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Easier said than done with fire all over the ground, haha. I just dismiss it most of the time now a days. Any DPS i put on the boss is pretty much irrelevant.

Deleted
    Yeah, fire is a bit of a hurdle. But the way our tanks position the boss im able to do it 99% of the time. and if not i just jump up and spam pet passive at maximum rage, to pull it up the belt. I still dont know when exactly, but I just keep my normal rotation and after popping BW and I think using my first KC (still spamming pet passive) its on the belt next to me and I can put in on the weapon. It's a bit tricky, but it works

Deleted
    Uhm.. Since when do we need to use Feign Death for sawblades?
    I am currently near 450 attempts and I don't think I've ever had to use Feign Death on Heroic Siegecrafter (25 man).

I guess, not many people are aware that there is an alternate way to go on the belt that is much safer/easier?
    I just always jump into the pipes, when i have the debuff I simply use disengage when the second pipe (that is supposed to bring you back to the main platform) throws me up in the air.

Much safer (no risk of falling off by walking up the pipe or disengaging the wrong way by accident)
    Much easier (don't really need to pay attention)
    Barely any pet issues (It doesn't get stuck on the pipe, no need to dismiss), I usually have to summon it only once or twice an attempt at most.

Maybe I am missing something obvious on why the 'normal' way that everyone seems to use is better...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic Fail View Post
    Uhm.. Since when do we need to use Feign Death for sawblades?
    I am currently near 450 attempts and I don't think I've ever had to use Feign Death on Heroic Siegecrafter (25 man).

I guess, not many people are aware that there is an alternate way to go on the belt that is much safer/easier?
    I just always jump into the pipes, when i have the debuff I simply use disengage when the second pipe (that is supposed to bring you back to the main platform) throws me up in the air.

Much safer (no risk of falling off by walking up the pipe or disengaging the wrong way by accident)
    Much easier (don't really need to pay attention)
    Barely any pet issues (It doesn't get stuck on the pipe, no need to dismiss), I usually have to summon it only once or twice an attempt at most.

Maybe I am missing something obvious on why the 'normal' way that everyone seems to use is better...
    You are correct that you never "really" have to use it on saw blades and for the fire i just deter and run through it ( you don't get superheated doing this )