Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Good bye Curse of Exhaustion.

Curse of Exhaustion has been removed.

This is a sad day. Always had fun with this talent.

honestly i wont miss it.

it was useful for 1 fight this expension and in pvp it was to weak.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    Protector heroic, Tsulong, Will of Emperor, Council, Tortos, Nazgrim. It was extremely powerful on all of those. And snares, single or aoe, were used countlessly in every tier/expansion so I wouldn't consider losing ability to apply any of them as nothing.

Deleted
    Funny thing is I've been hoping for it to go multispec since tortos hc and now its gone :/

are they removing snares across the board?

I REALLY wish they wouldn't remove this spell.

It leaves affliction without any snares which are critical in pvp. Now affliction has no spec specific utility now other than SB:Teleport.

Exhaustion has been around since the beginning. To me it's like taking away a core part of the class.

I mean what is the reasoning? A 30% snare was too overpowered? Warlocks haven't already had enough abilities removed this expac? They're "removing snares across the board" when hunters have a level 100 talent that passively snares with their autoshot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye to our last curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    honestly i wont miss it.

pretty much this

I don't understand the point of removing Curses. Having variety and options is always a good feeling... Even if some fights require one curse only, there were still many opportunies back in the day to choose. The best was Curse of Agony and Curse of Doom. I miss those a lot and choosing which to cast in the right situation.

a little off topic, but the thing that scares me the most is without CoEx and without Fel Flame, Destruction has 0 instant cast spells. So how are we supposed to tag mobs quickly? All other classes and specs have ways to instantly tag a mob, EXCEPT for Warlocks. Kind of ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    a little off topic, but the thing that scares me the most is without CoEx and without Fel Flame, Destruction has 0 instant cast spells. So how are we supposed to tag mobs quickly? All other classes and specs have ways to instantly tag a mob, EXCEPT for Warlocks. Kind of ironic
    Well destro at least will be back to early days of DoTs having to wait until first tick to tag and resorting to casting things like SP.

CoEx is a utility spell that adds options and isnt bloat. I know that range all around are getting hit hard in the kiting aspect and mele are supposed to get adjusted, but so far I dont really see that and question Blizzards ability to not FUBAR pvp at launch. There is a lot of big changes going on that Blizzard has previously claimed would have been too big to do at once and here is Blizzard doing just that. A whole lot of changes targeting many aspects of the game. Might as well call WoD a reboot.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-07-13 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly use it however If people raise their voice enough constructively things might change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

lol 30% snare costing a GCD... no tx.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

I'd just be interested in know why it was removed, guessing as part of PvP disarmament across the board. Maybe someone with twitter can ask the devs to confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt Celest will answer but I tweeted him and a bit of an idea I've theorized granted another one of these might scare warlocks again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of this tbh.

RIP Curses, one of our defining abilities since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Goodbye to our last curse.
    you do realize you still have agony right?

agony is a curse.
    Doom is a curse
    Havoc is a curse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    RIP Curses, one of our defining abilities since Vanilla.
    you still have curses..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I hardly use it however If people raise their voice enough constructively things might change.

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/with_replies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    I don't understand the point of removing Curses. Having variety and options is always a good feeling... Even if some fights require one curse only, there were still many opportunies back in the day to choose. The best was Curse of Agony and Curse of Doom. I miss those a lot and choosing which to cast in the right situation.

look just because it doesnt say Curse of agony doesnt mean its not a curse.

Agony is still a curse. Look at the icon. If it has a purple outline that means its a curse.

Doom has it .

Havoc has it.

They're all curses that actually have a purpose and are relevant to your gameplay.

Curse of elements was removeed because debuffs were changed. Enfeeblement and exhaustion were removed because of this:

justin mccray @justinmccray741
    @Rygarius ohhh i understand. But i feel it brings an imbalance between the 3 warlock specs though. That was affliction's only snare.
    Rygarius CoffeeBird @Rygarius
    Follow
    @justinmccray741 The other half of it was an overall reduction in the amount of CC and consolidation of DR categories.
    12:08 PM - 14 Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    you do realize you still have agony right?

agony is a curse.
    Doom is a curse
    Havoc is a curse.

- - - Updated - - -

you still have curses..

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/with_replies

- - - Updated - - -

look just because it doesnt say Curse of agony doesnt mean its not a curse.

Agony is still a curse. Look at the icon. If it has a purple outline that means its a curse.

Doom has it .

Havoc has it.
    He means curses as in the debuffing capacity that was once a core facet of the Warlock class.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    He means curses as in the debuffing capacity that was once a core facet of the Warlock class.
    he just said curses.

They are changing the debuff system this expansion. It isnt the core facet of the warlock class. its one facet of many.