Any good metal bands that don't have vocals?

I've been craving heavy metal bands that don't use vocals in their songs.. I just haven't found any that I thought are good. So any recommended bands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-07-12 at 06:22 PM.

I wish there were more metal bands like this. I would love to see a band that has the technical skill of bands like vai, satriani, or malmsteen but have the heaviness or brutality of bands like cannibal corpse, be'lakor or Insomnium to name a few.

That's some pretty good stuff there hellhamster. I hate to say I have never heard of most of those bands till now but there was some pretty good stuff on that list.

Jeff Loomis's solo stuff is mostly without vocals.

Terminus, there are plenty of bands that have both technical skills and brutality, the whole tech-death subgenre is pretty much based around it...they just aren't instrumental only. Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist, Ouroboros, Obscura, Soreption, Hour of Penance, Death's later albums...

10+ Year Old Account
    Animals as Leaders
    Rosetta
    Deafheaven's Sunbather is a fantastic album but it does have vocals. I'll include it because they do have instrumental tracks and they're one of the best post-metal bands around. Also, the vocals are complementary rather than the focus.
    Pelican
    Not quite metal but I'd also recommend Mogwai and If These Trees Could Talk as I know a few metal fans who also like them (also Mogwai are fucking brilliant).

Deleted
    Shame there aren't that many, I love metal music...the vocalist usually suck though.

Deleted
    Russian Circles rarely use vocals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVU-O5M-jA

For sure Stormcall, I know there's amazing instrumentals to go a long with most vocals. I was referring more to a band with that kind of skill that did instrumental songs only. I would love to see more of it in metal.

Deleted
    I don't know such bands but i always liked carmageddon soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsBct390Xc

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe I forgot about Dysrhythmia, these guys are now members of one of the best death metal bands out there, Gorguts.

I'll update my original post whenever I remember anything good. It's a slow process, recollecting particular bands, going through collections etc.

edit: forgot about Blotted Science as well, one of the best instrumental bands in metal ever.
    edit2: Gordian Knot and Spastic Ink, both of them are definitely pioneers in instrumental metal.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-07-12 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    You could try Scale the Summit, but that's more of a progressive metal band.

Deleted
    The only metal group I can stand is Lacuna Coil, they have vocals, but they are also very instrumental and the vocals are mainly female which helps. The album Comalies and everything released before it are great, not heard any of their recent stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Shame there aren't that many, I love metal music...the vocalist usually suck though.
    That's like saying "singing usually sucks", as metal vocalists range from death growls and black metal shrieks to operatic female singers to powerful mid range clean singers to rough and gritty singers to the high pitched vocals of guys like Rob Halford...there's not many singing styles or ranges that metal DOESN'T cover.

Some good suggestions here. Try Sleepmakeswaves out.

Blotted Science is close to what I am looking for. Although the pitch of their songs I'm not a huge fan of. I just wish there was a band with the style of Evile or Nightwish, but without the vocals.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2014-07-13 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    The only metal group I can stand is Lacuna Coil, they have vocals, but they are also very instrumental and the vocals are mainly female which helps. The album Comalies and everything released before it are great, not heard any of their recent stuff though.
    Yeah they're really good. I just discovered them recently and instantly liked them once I heard that I Forgive You (But I won't Forget Your Name) song. They're the best band I've found since Nightwish and Amaranthe and those are two of my most favorite metal bands. I favor the bands that have female vocals.

As for metal bands with no vocals Warmen is a good one. They're like a power metal type of band. They do have some songs that have vocals in them though but they're good too. They're really the only one I know of with no vocals unless you would count Vinnie Moore as metal, he's good too.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Exivious is a band i've been listening too for a long time. Members from the band Cynic, who are linked to Death. Whom i adore, greatly.

But yeah, Exivious has 3 albums out. All instrumental, Progressive/Jazz influenced metal.