Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Razer Blade or Alienware?

Should I get a Razer Blade or Alienware? I would use it for heavy gaming.

I love my Blade. One of the best purchases I ever made; I travel a lot for work sometimes so it definitely helps with gaming on the move.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Alienware feels heavily focused on the brand while the Razer Blade seems like an actually cool laptop with cool features. So I would say the Blade but I haven't even tried it, nor have I ever owned an Alienware.

I'd probably end up going with a Razer Blade in the end if I had to choose between the two. Both of them are pretty overpriced though imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaltakrouri View Post
    Should I get a Razer Blade or Alienware? I would use it for heavy gaming.
    2300+ for a laptop? Seems a little overpriced.

If I absolutely had to choose between both, I'd go with the Razer Blade. Otherwise, desktop PC all the way.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

You're not being very specific, as there is more than one you can buy, therefore I can't really say. What I can say for certain, is that both are most likely very overpriced compared to anything that is better than the Razer or the Dell, I mean, "Alienware".

Razer might have cool qualities but often, for me and many others, it breaks fast. Some say it never breaks and some say it often breaks, not a chance I'm taking again anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Neither. Either spend 1.3k on desktop (we can help you build a wicked gaming rig on that budget) and rest on the laptop (for example Lenovo y510p) or buy a custom built laptop (for example Sager).

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither, there are cheaper alternatives out there that don't charge for the name.

This one that I quickly looked up is a pretty beasty machine for gaming. $700 less.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/F...aming_Notebook

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I would buy neither and look around for better option, which are definitely around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the one you think looks the coolest.

Don't listen to the people saying neither and get a cheaper option, money doesn't matter to some of us

I've had an Alienware laptop for a couple of years now, never had any issues with it and I love the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Get the one you think looks the coolest.
    Buying something for it's looks is always a stupid idea, no matter how rich you may be.

Of the 2, the Blade is better. That said, there are thousands of better options out there(the Fangbook above being a example).
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Build quality on the Blade is top notch though compared to some of the other "cheaper" options. I got my blade for 1500 off on sale so I only paid 1500 for it which puts it in range of the MSI laptop. I got the 14" blade though; if you're looking at the 17" then that's a bit different though.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Deleted
    You're not very specific about your needs and the money you're willing to cash in.
    To be fair, if you have a lot of money you can build yourself the beastiest laptop around with Alienware.

I have an Alienware 17. Got it last month.
    GTX 880M, 16GB RAM, 1TB + 250GB SSD to name the highlights.
    (You could even get a 18" with crossfire/SLI and 3D screen if you have the money for it.)

As for the computer, great quality, impressive screen, great sound, love the keyboard and the overall look of it. Playing every single game on high / ultra and thus far it isn't heating up too much like my previous alienware was (m17x r2)

10+ Year Old Account
    ASUS ROG G750JZ all day any day over those two. I have the G750JH and the laptop is amazing. It definitely is a big laptop but.... build quality, cooling, performance are exceptional. Doesn't look flashy but it's a monster.

http://www.amazon.com/G750JZ-DS71-17.../dp/B00IAACWH6
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

I dont understand why people are coming here and saying "neither".

He's asking a concrete question : Razer laptop or Alienware.
    Im sure if he have enough $$ for this kind of a laptop, he knows he can buy a decent laptop + wicked PC, but thats not the point.
    He wants to know which one to buy, so just provide an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    I dont understand why people are coming here and saying "neither".

He's asking a concrete question : Razer laptop or Alienware.
    Im sure if he have enough $$ for this kind of a laptop, he knows he can buy a decent laptop + wicked PC, but thats not the point.
    He wants to know which one to buy, so just provide an answer.
    I don't understand why you're expecting any type of answer. THERE is no answer. It's all based on personal preference. A million razer people will say razer and a million alienware people will say alien. There isn't some huge difference between the two brands or any laptop to be honest. Specs are all so similar it is PERSONAL preference. So no it's not a "concrete question".

I'm pretty sure quite a few of us have stated that they should get the blade over the alienware, so there was no reason to say that.

And yes, we are going to speak up when we think that something is a bad buy. People come here for opinions and that is what they are going to get, even if they don't like it or it's not what they wanted to hear
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    I'm pretty sure quite a few of us have stated that they should get the blade, so posting that was pretty pointless.

And yes, we are going to speak up when we think that something is a bad buy. People come here for opinions and that is what they are going to get, even if they don't like it
    Exaclty