Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Little Disappointed with the Stat Squish

Does anybody else feel that the stat squish has come as a little bit of a disappointment? I was looking forward to health pools being around the 5-30k range but instead they are around 250k. I understand that without the squish the health pools would be absurd but a little part of me was looking forward to the low numbers as they were in vanilla and TBC. Any thoughts?

Well they doubled the Health pools after they were squished to allow for the removal of Resilience in pvp, on topic no I do not feel like it is a disappointment and to make healing more smooth instead of a melee swing from a boss taking 60% off the tanks hp and then being spike healed to full again.

Deleted
    Beta is Beta nothing is final yet, just remember that

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont see the problem of just having the health pools low and getting Resillience back on gear like it was pre-mop

MoP screwed the health pool up so in my eyes we're just going to the next level after Cata in terms of the health pool. 300k health is perfectly fine with me and honestly I wouldn't want 5k-30k because I've grown so accustomed to having a larger health pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I really dont see the problem of just having the health pools low and getting Resillience back on gear like it was pre-mop
    Because then most new players can't get into pvp. Because they get wrecked and very, very people are willing to do a frustrating grind in a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaroosh View Post
    remember that beta and alpha are the best time to bitch and moan, because that's when shit's being changed around often.

people saying "beta is beta" and stuff aren't thinking very intelligently. how does anything change if everyone just sits and waits on the outcome? "crowds aren't screaming for once, lets stick with what we got" on release "WTF BLI$$$ Y U NO CHANGE QQQQQQQ" and now instead of content patches you're getting fuckloads of fixes that the masses are screaming about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, it's just a number I don't see why you are infatuated with them. Honestly shit takes exactly the same amount of time to kill if the boss has 10,000 hp or if it has 10,000,000,000 hp if you couldn't see the number you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypop View Post
    Does anybody else feel that the stat squish has come as a little bit of a disappointment? I was looking forward to health pools being around the 5-30k range but instead they are around 250k. I understand that without the squish the health pools would be absurd but a little part of me was looking forward to the low numbers as they were in vanilla and TBC. Any thoughts?
    I got to agree with you patty! I was hoping for much smaller and easier to manage numbers...but they totes too high! Gonna get a headache trying to do the mental arithmetic's!
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

The stat squish very much feels like a disappointment. Not because I had an arbitrary 5-30k health level in mind but because we're so close to where we started at the beginning of MoP. While 300k doesn't seem to be a problem at first you have to take into consideration the different mechanics involved such as a Blood DK's Enhanced Death Coil. On the group of 5 tank dummies in Shatt earlier today the health buff from EDC put me over 720k health (full raid buffs. multistrike food and flask, not stam) So considering this is wearing 660ilvl pvp gear, I expect the first tier of raid gear to about the same, by the time we get to the second raid tier we may already see tanks getting close to the 1 million HP mark again. By the third raid tier I could all but guarantee tanks would be back over 1 million HP and by then what was the point of the squish?

When the stat squish was announced I saw it as a long term solution for the number inflation we've been seeing, not as a band-aid to stick on the issue to tide us over for 1 more expansion while they think of something else. Even if health values were doubled for the sake of removing resilience from gear wouldn't it be just as easy for them to take the current health to incoming damage ratio and lower both proportionally? Resilience would still be gone and at the same time we wouldn't have the large pointless numbers from MoP that this change was originally designed to fix.

Deleted
    Well when I said 5-30k I was just saying it would be nice to see numbers in that range. Some people are a little confused with what I was saying. I do not intend for any kill times to be faster but instead just smaller numbers. This is purely for aesthetic purposes as I feel it's nicer to see the lower numbers rather than having the screen flooded with massive 5 and 6 digit numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why really? And why such an arbitrary (and ridiculous) range like 5000 - 30 000?

I honestly never got this stat squish demands. Player globe is 100%. Boss globe is 100%. Boss enrages after x amount of time or does a special ability / phase at % of health. At 0% player or boss is dead. Can be said for any mob really.

I swear in 6 months ppl complain how they don't crit for 500 000 anymore
    You fall and take 24,736 damage.

"Oh shit I'd better heal u.... oh. Wait. that's barely ten percent of my HP."

Smaller numbers are more meaningful and easier to process more quickly. If I take 496 damage out of 5k, that's easier to process quickly for most people than 24,736/250k. I think that's the main reason so many people were hoping for a larger squish. Well, that and nostalgia.

Frankly, I sort of wish there was a way to set up everything as percentages. You fall and take 10% damage. Boss hits you for 46%. Etc etc.

Sig by Isilrien

Stat Squish is a big waste of time and resources. From what I saw, Garrosh hc has around 230 mil HP after "squish", which is 3 times less than on live. It simply means that in the end of WoD, and not later, the developers will have to either "squish" again or think on changing some values to 64-integers.
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No, it's just a number I don't see why you are infatuated with them. Honestly shit takes exactly the same amount of time to kill if the boss has 10,000 hp or if it has 10,000,000,000 hp if you couldn't see the number you wouldn't have anything to complain about.
    Then why some Sunwell weapons are worse than Karazhan weapons post-squish? Karazhan, which is 2.5 tiers below Sunwell? But hey, I guess you just have zero knowledge of math and logic and probably you can't even say for sure if the following statement is true or false: "if A < B, then A/10 > B/10". ALso, combat-based and story-driven games are called Action/Adventure FYI. Numbers play a big role in CRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypop View Post
    The squish isn't about player HP getting too high, our DPS was too high which in turn made the raid-bosses' HP too high, now player HP is higher compared to DPS, Blizz can maybe try to balance PvP without having to resort to "Stack this or explode in one hit"-stats, lowering the barrier to entry of PvP, because as has been said: nobody likes having to bend over and take it like a chump for a few weeks until they have gear that makes them somewhat useful in a BG or Arena

They definitely did not go very far with it. We will definitely need another squish soon again. Band aid at best.

ITT: People who lack basic IT education and don't read blue posts concerning HP and Battle Fatigue.

The numbers are arbitrary.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Yaroosh View Post
    This is a bad philosophy to go by. Beta (and alpha) are THE times to send in feedback/complain because it's the best time to get changes going! If you have this poor thought in your head, then nothing gets changed, and then they CAN'T be changed during the actual game.

For example: Mage L90 talents are famous for being the most hated talent tier in the game currently, but not enough people got to test them during beta, so we got stuck with them ALL OF MoP.

OT: I don't mind, long as the damage and numbers don't go absurd again.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yes, OP, the squish is disappointingly small and that's bad, because we are going to need another squish soon (right after WoD, or - at most - right after the expansion following WoD).

That said, this is something like 10th thread on this subject, it would have been better if you used search and replied to one of the existing threads.

Deleted
    Didnt they say in various blue post that the stat squish will be 6% of the current stats? So 6% of 1 Million hp (which some tanks have) would be 60k hp. Other specs should be around 30-40k hp. And even after doubling them we are nowhere near 300k. In my eyes Blizzard failed again and lied to us, which seems common in this expansion.