Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dway...diet-plan.html

I have to advise against squats (this workout doesn't contain any), especially if you're a beginner. risk of back injuries.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-21 at 02:28 PM.

muscle gain supplement

Nice Blog!!!
    If anyone want to gain your muscle like body- builders then use Metadrol. Metadrol also acts by stimulating stamina, capacity of human and animal endure physical effort exercise and for long stretches of time, empowering the increment of time spent practicing the body.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    [url]
    I have to advise against squats (this workout doesn't contain any), especially if you're a beginner. risk of back injuries.
    Advising against Squats(which is probably the best exercise you can do) for beginners, while posting a really advanced workout regime that should only be done if you have a few years of weightlifting on your belt.

Deleted
    Another tip, start your chest workout by doing inclines instead of flat. Will give you that flat aesthetic look instead of the frowned upon "manboobs" (very round chest)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drgains View Post
    Another tip, start your chest workout by doing inclines instead of flat. Will give you that flat aesthetic look instead of the frowned upon "manboobs" (very round chest)
    Agree with this!
    Incline press will make your upper chest and shoulder look wider, avoiding that strong manboobs.
    Swimmers have that appereance, and, in my opinion, the look is much better.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was in your situation in freshman year, I am now in my senior year and I have packed on 90lbs, (I was super skinny before). You seem skinny if you are 165lbs @ six foot one inch and I would strongly suggest before even starting to work out get your diet to where it needs to be and calculate your caloric intake, taking into account all your daily activities with school and your studies.

As a few people touched upon in this thread, you want to stick to compound full body movements, with a few isolation exercises thrown in for good measure. Deadlifts, squats, and bench press will be your best friends for putting on mass. Try to be in the gym four-five times a week but keep your time there short ~1 hour, get in do your thing and get out, with a busy schedule you will already be pressed for time as it is. Even though you're skinny start your workouts with 5-10 minutes of cardio before and after your main workout, I can't tell you how much better and faster you will gain and feel by just throwing in a small bit of cardio in the mix, blood flow and oxygen transfer is very important during your workouts.

If you have more questions post them here or make a new thread, there are a lot of knowledgeable and successful people on the fitness forums who are willing to help people of all levels.

thx for sharing those info about the dietary supplement

Large compound movements such as the squat/dead/bench/ohp for a beginner are essential for creating a strong base from which to build on. If you spend your entire life doing nothing but isolation movements, you're going to bend down one day and tweak your back because you've never worked your body beyond a few basic planes of motion. Compounds are also hugely important for testosterone production in the body, something which any noob will greatly benefit from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Advising against Squats(which is probably the best exercise you can do) for beginners, while posting a really advanced workout regime that should only be done if you have a few years of weightlifting on your belt.
    Yeah made me laugh. Both olympic and powerlifting can be done at ages as young as 8 in most countries so it cant really be that big of a problem. And if anything is hard you better get started to learn the right way from the beginning before creating muscle imbalances that make it harder later on.

Would say the best beginner exercices are bench, deadlift and squat because you can adapt and use them in so many forms. After you've learned squats you can learn the clean and jerk which are also really good.

A simple answer would be:

First 6 months do Stronglift 5x5, it's perfect for beginners and you get to test yourself in the big 3.

After 6 months has passed you should do candito 6 week and do that for 6 months as well, this is a intermediate program which will be a nice place to start after stronglift.
    I suggest sticking with candito for 1 more year, but this heavily depend on genetics and what numbers you've reached.

Use this as a baseline to see if you're ready for more advanced training programs.

If you can do:

1.25x your own bodyweight in bench for 1 rep
    2.00x your own bodyweight in deadlift for 1 rep
    1.50x your own bodyweight in squats for 1 rep

Of course this is also genetics, some are stronger in deadlifts others in squat, bench will always be lower if you train all 3 lifts and have no leg injuries

Advanced training method:

My person way of training is DUP (Daily Undulating Periodization). there is endless ways you can setup a DUP based program so it's very hard to tell what to do.
    Basicly in my program I train deadlift, squat and bench 3 times a week, monday, wednesday and friday and on saturday I got a accessory lift day.
    One day I train 5setsx3 for power, one day 4setsx6 for strength and one day for hyperthropy which is 4setsx8-10reps, (IE: monday I train 5x3 squat, 4x6 bench and 4x8 deadlift, tuesday I train 5x3 deadlift,4x6 squat and4x10 bench).

It's a very hard program to do and if you don't sleep enough, drink enough and eat enough you will get very energy drained because it's very taxing on your body.
    At this point I'm at closer to 92% of my 1 rm in deadlift which I did 2 months ago, so I need probably 5-6-7mins rest between sets now to even do my lifts without grinding.

Hope I made some sense at least and if you follow the 2 first programs you'll increase your overall strength massively.
    If you want more bodybuilding workouts I'm pretty sure others have better suggestions then me

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    A simple answer would be:

First 6 months do Stronglift 5x5, it's perfect for beginners and you get to test yourself in the big 3.

After 6 months has passed you should do candito 6 week and do that for 6 months as well, this is a intermediate program which will be a nice place to start after stronglift.
    I suggest sticking with candito for 1 more year, but this heavily depend on genetics and what numbers you've reached.

Use this as a baseline to see if you're ready for more advanced training programs.

If you can do:

1.25x your own bodyweight in bench for 1 rep
    2.00x your own bodyweight in deadlift for 1 rep
    1.50x your own bodyweight in squats for 1 rep

Of course this is also genetics, some are stronger in deadlifts others in squat, bench will always be lower if you train all 3 lifts and have no leg injuries

Advanced training method:

My person way of training is DUP (Daily Undulating Periodization). there is endless ways you can setup a DUP based program so it's very hard to tell what to do.
    Basicly in my program I train deadlift, squat and bench 3 times a week, monday, wednesday and friday and on saturday I got a accessory lift day.
    One day I train 5setsx3 for power, one day 4setsx6 for strength and one day for hyperthropy which is 4setsx8-10reps, (IE: monday I train 5x3 squat, 4x6 bench and 4x8 deadlift, tuesday I train 5x3 deadlift,4x6 squat and4x10 bench).

It's a very hard program to do and if you don't sleep enough, drink enough and eat enough you will get very energy drained because it's very taxing on your body.
    At this point I'm at closer to 92% of my 1 rm in deadlift which I did 2 months ago, so I need probably 5-6-7mins rest between sets now to even do my lifts without grinding.

Hope I made some sense at least and if you follow the 2 first programs you'll increase your overall strength massively.
    If you want more bodybuilding workouts I'm pretty sure others have better suggestions then me
    DUP is the shiz.

A couple of things to note:

As he said above there are many ways to incorporate DUP. You can have an undulation of 2x a week if you want or 4 or 5 or something like 3 times over 10 days rather than a week. If you are training body parts once a week at the moment, do not jump straight to 3 or 4 or etc times per week. You must increase your frequency slowly over time or you are just asking for injury and you don't need that much volume yet. You would start at 2x a week and only add more frequency if you stall.

Your whole goal is to increase your total volume over time for each lift (load x reps x sets). But you must progressively increase it only enough to make progress.

This type of training is very taxing and you will spend a lot more time in the gym. Not for the faint of heart. Some of my sessions take up to 3 hours when doing the big 3 in one workout. You should also include accessory work to better cover other muscles that aren't hit as hard to avoid imbalances unless you are in a peaking phase.

Speedlance how long have you been on THE DUP?

taking L-carnitine can help to reduce the water and muscle at the same time when reducing body fat and weight, recognized as the safest and no-side-effect weight loss nutrition supplements by the international obese healthy organization

DO NOT START WITH FLAT BENCHING!!

Start with over head presses, barbell presses, and incline bench. Flat benching is the most complicated compound lift and without an serious trainer (ie someone who has done it for a profession) you will most likely screw it up and equally screw up your shoulders.

DO start with squats and rows. Find someone who is not blind, research deadlift form, and go for it. But seriously have someone check your form for a while. Even then, drop weight every few months and form work again.

Deleted
    As some of the people here have suggested, I too would suggest the Stronglifts 5x5 programme.

It’s based on squatting 3 times a week with alongside other large compound, multi-joint movements such as deadlifts, benchpress, overhead press, and barbell rows.

The basis is that each workout you add small increment of weight and if you repeated fail at the same weight multiple times then it reels it back by about 10% and start again.

My results included going from a 50kg squat, to 140kg in about 6 months. During which there were sticking points at 100kgs, then 130kgs were I had to drop the weight.

And honestly you could stick with the programme for 6-12 months as long as you’re lifting heavier and heavier weight consistently.

Eg with squats you’re adding 2.5kgs per day. Per week that’s 7.5kgs, over the course of a month… 30kgs+

The results? You’re likely to be stronger, and you will have built a good foundation of muscle.

Start with any of the aforementioned beginner programs - ICF, Stronglifts, Starting Strength, Fierce 5, etc. 3 days a week focusing on compound movements with weight progression every workout or every week.
    You are a beginner. More is not necessarily better. I highly recommend building a strong strength base before you try a split routine or extra workouts. Start light. Do not try to replace compound movements like squats, bench, etc. as others have suggested, even if you are uncomfortable with the exercise. Do a ton of research on form, and practice a lot so that you're prepared when the weight gets heavy.

Focus especially on your nutrition. Find your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) through either calculators or trial and error, and consume a moderate 200-300 calories above that every day. This will allow you to add muscle mass while minimizing fat gain.

Don't worry too much about dietary supplements. At first, you should get used to counting your calories. Once you're accustomed to this, try consuming at least 1g of protein per pound of your bodyweight (example: I'm 200lb, so I consume at least 200g of protein a day). Whey protein is useful if you can't do this with whole foods, but is unnecessary.
    Last edited by Xariste; 2015-07-23 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labze View Post
    No you are still completely wrong. What you are talking about requires two opposite energy states within the body. Reread this: "To build muscle one must be in a energy surplus, while to burn fat one must be in a energy deficit". If one were able to loss fat while bulking, there would be no need to cut, sadly it is not the case.
    While he is completely and utterly wrong, you are also wrong. It is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time(something I wasn't a believer of for a long while), just at a decreased rate.

This was done on elite athletes btw.

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...elite_athletes

- - - Updated - - -

Do you advise against driving a car because there is a risk of crashing?

Every human should and does have the ability to squat correctly, be it weighted or bw. And they should if they want to maintain any kind of mobility as you age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drgains View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Agree with this!
    Incline press will make your upper chest and shoulder look wider, avoiding that strong manboobs.
    Swimmers have that appereance, and, in my opinion, the look is much better.
    No, and no. You cannot change the shape of a muscle, only the size. This is determined by genetics. You can also not target specific fibers of a muscle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    While he is completely and utterly wrong, you are also wrong. It is possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time(something I wasn't a believer of for a long while), just at a decreased rate.

This was done on elite athletes btw.

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...elite_athletes

- - - Updated - - -

Do you advise against driving a car because there is a risk of crashing?

Every human should and does have the ability to squat correctly, be it weighted or bw. And they should if they want to maintain any kind of mobility as you age.

- - - Updated - - -

No, and no. You cannot change the shape of a muscle, only the size. This is determined by genetics. You can also not target specific fibers of a muscle.
    You realise that chest has 3 parts. Upper, middle and lower, and that by working on incline press you focus on the upper chest, and requires more shoulders work, right?
    And yes, you can target especifics fibers by training on different ways. The muscle fibers developed with sprinting and jumping are not the same you work by squating and doing leg press.

Deleted
    Get yourself on a bodybuilding forum for technique + diet a lot of tournament champions love to hand out their advice on there and it is pretty much second to none!
    There are a few i can recommend if you PM me

Aside from that, you will find that you will soon reach a plateau, and after that it is merely juice that will take you further. Trenbolone being a personal favourite

Also remember sugary stuff will give you an insulin spike and after training you have an "anabolic window" for around 30-90mins, this is where you want to eat some sweets or some dextrose in a protein shake + lots of fast absorbing proteins such as whey isolate.

Workout regimes are interesting but you will soon find there is no such thing as an "ultimate regime", your body begins to learn these over time and they become less effective. Try to rotate the regimes every 6 weeks but stick to either a bulking or cutting one for a minimum of 3months.

And also remember, if you want to get big, first you need to get a little fat, whilst your body is in an anabolic state, all of the cells in your body are told to take in nutrients, not just muscles - hormones float around your blood, not just your muscles :P

I highly recommend you flook around some bodybuilding sites though even if you dont want to become a bodybuilder, the information you will find is far superior to what even most people with education in this area has, just beware of the "broscience".

Wish you all the luck, sounds like you have a mesomorphic body shape which a lot of people would love to have, it just comes down to genes on that part!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    You realise that chest has 3 parts. Upper, middle and lower, and that by working on incline press you focus on the upper chest, and requires more shoulders work, right?
    And yes, you can target especifics fibers by training on different ways. The muscle fibers developed with sprinting and jumping are not the same you work by squating and doing leg press.
    Do some research on anatomy and biomechanics and get back to me. You realize there are only two chest muscles right? Pec Major and minor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    Do some research on anatomy and biomechanics and get back to me. You realize there are only two chest muscles right? Pec Major and minor.
    Well, I said it wrong. Yes, you got pec major and minor, but that doesn't mean you can only train them with two ways.
    Some exercises focus more on the upper zone, some the exterior.. You cannot deny that.
    If what you said was right, then you would just sit on the gym doing bench press all the time, without changing angles..