Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Anchorman 2 so god damn bad.

I watched the movie on sat night with a few friends after the Brazil/Netherlands match , Usually I can watch a film all the way through and enjoy it to some degree , especially if it is a sequel to one of my favourite movies.

We were all pretty tipsy so you would think that would somehow bring this movie up from the depths of mediocrity but it just dive bombed into a pile of shite.

It was almost like two different directors were taking turns with the scenes , some just seemed so fucking different than what we got from the original anchorman.

How did the rest of you guys feel about this movie?

meh i had a few chuckles. not a movie to rave about. one of those movies where you watch it, laugh a bit, then forget about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Will Ferrell? Can't stand that moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

because some movies don't deserve/need a sequel.

to many rehashed jokes/scenes.

the movie feels very lowest common denominator.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight at the end was awesome. I loved all of the Cameos.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was totally a "let's make a sequel and get paid" movie. Some parts were godawful (Ron going blind for example), other parts were good for a laugh. Still nowhere near as good (or quotable) as the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I'm pretty selective about which movies I see in the theater. I usually go probably about once every two months on average. This was the first movie that I seriously considered walking out on halfway through. Which is sad because the first one is one of my favorite comedies ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Will Ferrell is a shitty and annoying actor and he is not funny at all He makes me want to stab myself in the neck with a dagger every time I see him

I saw Step Brothers for the second time on TV last night and I'd forgotten how funny it was; the comparison to Anchorman 2 came up immediately as the credits began rolling and I think it's little more than a case of Anchorman 2 just having thrown shit at the wall and none of it stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because Will Ferrell? Can't stand that moron.

Tell me you didn't laugh at this!

OT: I think it could of been better the just seemed to go in the direction of "Right what were the jokes in Anchorman 1? Lets list them all and then re-shoot them". Not a lot of new stuff just rehashed old stuff. Sadly the Dumb and Dumber trailer looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamike2447 View Post
    This was the first movie that I seriously considered walking out on halfway through.
    Disaster Movie, The Inbetweeners and Anchorman 2 are the only three I've yet felt this way about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it. It wasn't part 1, but the cameo at the ending with all the other celebs was pretty awesome. The touring car rid, although predictable as hell (intentionally), the part where he is blind was fun. All in all a good laugh, but doesn't live up to the original.

Regarding walking out on a movie, if my buddy didn't hold me down I would have walked out during Watchmen. Personally, that was the most dreadful experience I ever had in a cinema. Seeing the cover or a poster still makes me shiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    I watched the movie on sat night with a few friends after the Brazil/Netherlands match , Usually I can watch a film all the way through and enjoy it to some degree , especially if it is a sequel to one of my favourite movies.

We were all pretty tipsy so you would think that would somehow bring this movie up from the depths of mediocrity but it just dive bombed into a pile of shite.

It was almost like two different directors were taking turns with the scenes , some just seemed so fucking different than what we got from the original anchorman.

How did the rest of you guys feel about this movie?
    Well the first one was bad as well. What else did you expect?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post

OT: I think it could of been better the just seemed to go in the direction of "Right what were the jokes in Anchorman 1? Lets list them all and then re-shoot them". Not a lot of new stuff just rehashed old stuff. Sadly the Dumb and Dumber trailer looks the same.
    I'm not going to speak for the OP, but I find him great in movies where he isn't the main character and absolute shit when he is the main character.

I bought it on DVD, watched it once and will never watch again. Maybe on TBS.

Got a few chuckles out of it. Some horrible jokes, some decent ones. Champ was funny. Brick was overdone, fight scene was good, till Kanye ruined the whole scene

Problem was Anchorman 1 is on par with Caddyshack / Animal House. We all know about Caddyshack 2.....10 years for a sequel was another issue

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post

He has his moments. His SNL stuff was good and I liked him in The Other Guys. Other than that, he's not really that funny.

Deleted
    Because will feral is even less funny then he is bad at acting. Will feral on the box is pretty much a poop and pee joke movie flop guarantee.

Can I join the hate Will Ferrel hate club as well? Can't stand the guy, last time I saw him was in the Lego movie which I really enjoyed up until the point where he showed up.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle