Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exodar on Draenor? May be spoilery.

I couldn't find anything about this through a forum search, my apologies if I missed it.

Does anyone know if the un-crashed Exodar will be somewhere on Draenor in the expansion? If so, what role do you see it playing in the overall story?

Seeing as how we destroy the portal from the Draenor side, I could see the Exodar becoming our only route home at the end of the expansion. It could play out that when we defeat the final raid boss, we somehow cause the destruction of AU Draenor, and have to flee through the twisting nether aboard the Exodar. Hopefully this time we have better control over the ship so it doesn't crash land again.

The Exodar was the fourth wing of Tempest Keep, a Naruu fortress that got to Draenor after its destruction.

Well we can make portals to Azeroth after we set up our Garrison, that's how we get so many people over to Draenor to build more forts all over the continent.

I feel like a moron. Thank you for refreshing my memory on that.

Well since this whole expansion is going to be full of timey-whimey shenanigans, maybe the Naaru will get there early? Now the thread isn't a complete waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny
    Well we can make portals to Azeroth after we set up our Garrison, that's how we get so many people over to Draenor to build more forts all over the continent.
    Aren't the portals purely for gameplay purposes? I swear I remember them saying we would be "trapped" on Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the Exodar isn't on Draenor yet?

The Tempest Keep doesn't arrive until well after the planet's destruction. They wouldn't be there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post

Well since this whole expansion is going to be full of timey-whimey shenanigans, maybe the Naaru will get there early? Now the thread isn't a complete waste....
    The Naruu are already on Draenor./

Well since this whole expansion is going to be full of timey-whimey shenanigans, maybe the Naaru will get there early? Now the thread isn't a complete waste....
    Well, the Naaru went to Outland in order to fight the Legion, so if we get some big Legion stuff in 6.2, they might come.

Yes, as mentioned above, Exodar is part of Tempest Keep, that is - in Outland - in Netherstorm, that has been confirmed to be released as Faralohn later during the patch cycle. Probably on 5.1. But gotta remember that if we escape using it, we would go to AU Azeroth, so we wouldn't exactly return "home". But it would be cool seeing the Human Kingdoms before the Orcish invasion.

EDIT: Yeah, remembered now that it got there only after Draenor turned into Outland. I hope at least M'uru comes to Draenor to make an appearance, dealing with AU M'uru would be a cool Blood Knight storyline.
    Last edited by Gladwyn; 2014-07-15 at 02:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The Tempest Keep doesn't arrive until well after the planet's destruction. They wouldn't be there.
    But they are...Just did some quests for a Naruu named K'ara in the Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    But they are...Just did some quests for a Naruu named K'ara in the Beta
    K'ara came with the Oshu'gun.

Aren't the portals purely for gameplay purposes? I swear I remember them saying we would be "trapped" on Draenor.
    No, we aren't trapped, there are quests right as you get to FFR and SMV to open a portal and get reinforcements through. Then after you've established yourself you can continue to pull more people through and the horde and alliance build large bases on Draenor and continue to funnel in reinforcements through these portals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    K'ara came with the Oshu'gun.
    And his question was is there Naruu here.....not how they got here. Plus K'ara talks to Orus on the ship too. So I do think we will see TK. At least a s a hub in a future ex pack/

Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    The Exodar was the fourth wing of Tempest Keep, a Naruu fortress that got to Draenor after its destruction.
    Arcatraz- Prison
    Botanica- Gardens
    Mechanaar- Engineering (?)
    Tempest Keep- Control Center
    Exodar- Residental (?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who wishes they would remake Silvermoon and the Exodar for the next expansion as out hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    And his question was is there Naruu here.....not how they got here. Plus K'ara talks to Orus on the ship too. So I do think we will see TK. At least a s a hub in a future ex pack/
    Well, yes. But K'ara .. it is kind of hard to tell without spoilering, so eff it:

The AU Velen sacrificed himself right before the siege of Karabor and then turned into the Naaru K'ara. So that has nothing to do with the Legion or TK so far.

Long story short: Probably no TK or one of its wings.

The Draenei and a few Naaru in poor condition arrived on Draenor a few hundred years ago. These Draenei and Naaru we'll see in the game. They arrived on a ship called the Genedar. The remains of which became the holy site Osho'gun for the orcs.

The Tempest Keep and its satellites the Botanica, Exodar, Mechanar and Alcatraz arrived much later, after Draenor had been destroyed and became Outland. A'dal, K'ure and other Naaru arrived on Outland with that ship.

The Draenei then took the Exodar and flew it to Azeroth.

So, we're unlikely to see the Tempest Keep, the Exodar and the Naaru from that ship when this expansion comes out. They could possibly come to investigate Draenor later though, depending on what happens in the expansion.

If the ship got there after the destruction do explain how the Draenei are present prior to the world exploding? So far I'm 100% confused. Sounds like we are implying the Draenei were not the main cause for Draenor becoming Outland.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I freaking hope so. An untouched Tempest Keep, fighting alongside us? That'd be so badass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    If the ship got there after the destruction do explain how the Draenei are present prior to the world exploding? So far I'm 100% confused. Sounds like we are implying the Draenei were not the main cause for Draenor becoming Outland.
    The Draenei didn't arrive with Tempest Keep, they arrived with Oshu'gun. And they weren't the main cause, Kil'jaeden wanted an army to destroy the Alliance, killing off the Draenei was a happy bonus. Ner'zhul was the primary cause for Draenor becoming Outland. His attempt at escaping Kil'jaeden by opening multiple rifts is what tore the planet apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeks View Post
    Well, yes. But K'ara .. it is kind of hard to tell without spoilering, so eff it:
    He didn't turn into K'ara, he sacrificed himself to pull K'ara out of his void state.