Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Wow... Nostalgia much?

I was going to post a long tiring post... but you know what, it isn't worth it.
    I'll massively summarize:

I played classic and BC and all this "wonderful" older content you claim is better than current content.
    It really wasn't that wonderful. You're nostalgic and selfish.

You want content gated from other people based on how much you play the game. Attunements and tiered raiding are outdated for GOOD reasons, ones you don't seem to remember.
    You want massive amounts of farming and grinding returned back to the game so people have to "prove their dedication" or something to your elitist attitude.
    You want nostalgic gear removed from being attained so only you can have it and then you can gloat about how much you played the game before other people.
    You want content made to force people to group with each other for near daily accomplishment, despite the problem people have with being forced to group with people already...

Essentially, You're blowing smoke and know nothing about older content except the "good ol' memories of what you think you remember." Well, I call BS! You're simply selfish and want others to suffer so you can be glorified for how much time you're willing to invest in a game.
    what? no... you've got it all wrong...
    i didn't even have epics back then O.o i had up to rank 10 pvp gear and a few epics on my warrior (my main)

my priest on the other hand had good gear etc... but that isn't the main problem... please... you're making it sounds selfish... but that isn't what i meant... :/

MMORPG is supposed to be about roleplay too!
    i remember some old videos when people used to say: WoW is almost like IRL...

i enjoyed farming, not because it was time consuming, but because i would always have something to do... there was never a point where i was running around in circle waiting for queue to pop... that's all i mean... but whatever :/ some will just never understand.

perhaps i should take a few english lessons and then re-write it all... perhaps THEN... people won't keep misunderstanding my post :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    Just because the spark has gone for you, doesn't mean it has gone for everyone else
    What stupid thread
    when did i say that the spark was lost for everyone else?
    what a stupid post.(?)

"Hello Guys, so yeah... i'm an old-school player.

i've been playing World of Warcraft since launch, and i must say... the game is pretty much getting ruined for me... what about you? don't you think so?
    "

"getting ruined for me" (not yet ruined, and i'm talking about ME, ONLY ME, MYSELF AND I.)
    "what about you? don't you think so?" (asking of others feel the same)

please read the thread before being rude...

i even introduced and started the thread by telling you guys that i was talking about my own opinion... i was talking about myself... not anyone else.
    Last edited by mmoc8a4a8e38ae; 2014-08-26 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I played classic and BC and all this "wonderful" older content you claim is better than current content.
    It really wasn't that wonderful. You're nostalgic and selfish.
    I played then too, and I enjoyed it. Which why I kept paying Blizzard money. Then I quit after Cata destroyed all raiding guilds on my realm (before LFR). I recently came back to try out MoP. I rerolled from scratch, leveled to 90, cleared all heroics in one right, and all raids in a couple of nights. Then I quit. Before my month of playtime was even over. The game is just a total disaster now.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrab View Post
    I played then too, and I enjoyed it. Which why I kept paying Blizzard money. Then I quit after Cata destroyed all raiding guilds on my realm (before LFR). I recently came back to try out MoP. I rerolled from scratch, leveled to 90, cleared all heroics in one right, and all raids in a couple of nights. Then I quit. Before my month of playtime was even over. The game is just a total disaster now.
    You cleared all Heroic raiding content in a couple of nights? Man. Who was carrying you?

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    --snip--
    Happy to see you aren't ignoring me anymore. Don't worry I don't have anything against you.

Yeah, I have to admit it, this time, I misunderstood what you said. My bad.

If there are things that you don't like to do, don't do them, that's all. Why would you want them to be removed ? Just don't do them.
    Don't like LFR ? Don't do it. Don't like leveling ? Don't do it. Don't want friends on other realms ? Make your own friends on your server. I don't understand why it bothers you that these features are there, you don't NEED them to enjoy the game (except leveling, but you are already max level).

I truly despise PvP, nothing would me happier (regarding WoW) than Blizzard deciding to remove PvP and focus completely on PvE. But I understand that players like PvP and I accept that, I let them do arenas and BGs together while I raid, that's how it goes for me.

I don't enjoy hardcore guilds that raid 30hours a day, I don't enjoy really casual guilds that raid once a week and are still progressing on Garrosh Normal. I found a guild that focuses on the players and community before performance and I really like to play with them. It's not because WoW has an "internet comunity" that you can't find a guild that enjoys the same things as you do.

If everyone was making threads about what they like and don't like and wanted Blizzard to make the game exactly like that, there would be no WoW, Blizzard can't please every demands, they have to find some middle ground that they feel is "right".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    You cleared all Heroic raiding content in a couple of nights? Man. Who was carrying you?
    Where did I say heroic raids? I'm well aware that I could've grinded SoO in flex, normal, and heroic, but that just dull and not worth my time or money. It really shows the failure in Blizzard's logic: I could get into the game very easily, get full epics very easily, and see all the content very easily. That's what Blizzard has been trying to achieve with their design. However, then end result is that while I saw all the content, as a gaming experience it was just a total and utter disaster.

Where did I say heroic raids? I'm well aware that I could've grinded SoO in flex, normal, and heroic, that just dull and not worth my time or money. It really shows the failure in Blizzard's logic: I could get into the game very easily, get full epics very easily, and see all the content very easily. That's what Blizzard has been trying to achieve with their design. However, then end result is that while I saw all the content, as a gaming experience it was just a total and utter disaster.
    Oh, I must have been confused. So you leveled (easy), ran some dungeons (easy), and then "cleared" all of the raid contents in a couple of nights (LFR--easy). I understand. I thought that you were someone who played during Burning Crusade and enjoyed the actual progression of things. I guess you're just content with doing the easiest form of something and claiming victory. I'm glad to know what to gleam from your posts going forward.

The point is that you did not see all of their content. You haven't seen any of the Heroic encounters. Were you content with clearing Karazhan weekly, or did you want to get to Gruul? Yes, it's obvious that LFR has major downsides, but at least allows those with limited time for a video game (you're missing that point, I think) to enjoy the game. You're welcome to not spoil the game for yourself. Why plug in your Game Genie, put in the Invincibility cheat code, and then claim the game is too boring? If you don't want it ruined for you, then go raid for real and experience the content over weeks and months rather than hours and days.

In short, the only person responsible for lack of content for you to play (and your eventual unsubscribing) is yourself. You have no patience. You want it all "now, now, now". Don't plug in your LFR Game Genie, go out, and play the game. Maybe then you'll be satisfied. Or.. you won't. And you'll come back and bitch. But at least we'll all now know that you took the easy way out, and that your opinion on things is useless.

Deleted
    Oh, I must have been confused. So you leveled (easy), ran some dungeons (easy), and then "cleared" all of the raid contents in a couple of nights (LFR--easy). I understand. I thought that you were someone who played during Burning Crusade and enjoyed the actual progression of things. I guess you're just content with doing the easiest form of something and claiming victory. I'm glad to know what to gleam from your posts going forward.

The point is that you did not see all of their content. You haven't seen any of the Heroic encounters. Were you content with clearing Karazhan weekly, or did you want to get to Gruul? Yes, it's obvious that LFR has major downsides, but at least allows those with limited time for a video game (you're missing that point, I think) to enjoy the game. You're welcome to not spoil the game for yourself. Why plug in your Game Genie, put in the Invincibility cheat code, and then claim the game is too boring? If you don't want it ruined for you, then go raid for real and experience the content over weeks and months rather than hours and days.

In short, the only person responsible for lack of content for you to play (and your eventual unsubscribing) is yourself. You have no patience. You want it all "now, now, now". Don't plug in your LFR Game Genie, go out, and play the game. Maybe then you'll be satisfied. Or.. you won't. And you'll come back and bitch. But at least we'll all now know that you took the easy way out, and that your opinion on things is useless.
    Holy ***. Do you understand that nobady gives **** about heroic content becouse it isnt exclusive and do not offer any char progression throught story then LFR does? Nobady gives **** about hc mechanics or items. We care about content itself which we can easy check out in LFR or flex but there is absolutly no reason for us to jump into hc raiding. I will also rather check content in LFR then unsub and play another game then spend pointless hours in progress raid what will give me what? Hours and hours of progress jsut to finish game on another difficulty? No thanks. Give me exclusive content with proper value what you cant see in LFR, flex or normal and i will again see reason to go back into hc raids.

People (some will, i am now talking about top few %) will never force them self jump into hc raiding if game will not force them. Just like TBC did. You had to go and progress if you wanted to see content. When game openen for casual there is no reason becouse games allows you too see content in LFR for free. Game is supostu protect players from burn out no the player himself.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-08-26 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Holy ***. Do you understand that nobady gives **** about heroic content becouse it isnt exclusive and do not offer any char progression throught story then LFR does? Nobady gives **** about hc mechanics or items. We care about content itself which we can easy clearn in LFR or flex but there is absolutly no reason for us to jmp into hc raiding. I will also rather check content in LFR then unsub and play another game then spend pointless hours in progress raid. Give me exclusive content with proper value what you cant see in LFR, flex or normal and i will gain see reason to go back into hc raids.
    You missed several letters and added some extra C's, which confuse me.

And to your point, people do give a shit (OH SNAP) about Heroic raiding content. That's why there are Heroic raiders and Heroic (Mythic) content. You want exclusive stuff? How about Sinestra? Ra-den? They were exclusive during their times. Sure, you can go back and kill them now. Isn't that progression, though?

You've missed my point entirely. You are just impatient, and that's fine. But the problem is not the game offering options--it's you and people like you. You're just too involved with making some useless point that nobody cares about. Yes; you can clear all of the LFR content in about 24 hours, thus seeing the deaths of all of the raid bosses this expansion (again, save Ra-den). That does not mean that you should or have to engage in it. Go do Flex. Go do Normal. There you will have your weeks of progression. But.. you can't. You have to have it RIGHT NOW to prove a point that nobody gives a flying fuck about.

Keep complaining about your inability to pace yourself.

Holy ***. Do you understand that nobady gives **** about heroic content becouse it isnt exclusive and do not offer any char progression throught story then LFR does? Nobady gives **** about hc mechanics or items.

I quite enjoy the progress of heroic raiding

Deleted
    You missed several letters and added some extra C's, which confuse me.

And to your point, people do give a shit (OH SNAP) about Heroic raiding content. That's why there are Heroic raiders and Heroic (Mythic) content. You want exclusive stuff? How about Sinestra? Ra-den? They were exclusive during their times. Sure, you can go back and kill them now. Isn't that progression, though?

You've missed my point entirely. You are just impatient, and that's fine. But the problem is not the game offering options--it's you and people like you. You're just too involved with making some useless point that nobody cares about. Yes; you can clear all of the LFR content in about 24 hours, thus seeing the deaths of all of the raid bosses this expansion (again, save Ra-den). That does not mean that you should or have to engage in it. Go do Flex. Go do Normal. There you will have your weeks of progression. But.. you can't. You have to have it RIGHT NOW to prove a point that nobody gives a flying fuck about.

Keep complaining about your inability to pace yourself.
    Weeks of progression in flex or normal? Are you kiding me? my guilds cleared normal mods in MoP first week after release.And Ra-den was horrible boss we killed him after 13 pulls. Sinestra exclusive? You dont say when there was no LFR at start of cataclysm. Game lost exclusivity with LFR no with normal and hc separation. And yes there are few who gives a shit about heroic rading. I was also hc raider until end of MoP then i realize that i am just wasting time since LFR really gives me whole content for free.

This is btw reason why subs numbers went down. Give players option of easy way to see content and they will use it then leave the game becouse they explored everything what game could offer. Give us exclusive content and players will start progress in raids = they will stick with the game longer specialy players what are new pretty much do not have any reason start hc rading. Most of hc raiders are old chool players from WOTLK and TBC.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-08-26 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, I must have been confused. So you leveled (easy), ran some dungeons (easy), and then "cleared" all of the raid contents in a couple of nights (LFR--easy). I understand.
    Correct.

I thought that you were someone who played during Burning Crusade and enjoyed the actual progression of things.
    Also correct.

I guess you're just content with doing the easiest form of something and claiming victory.
    If I was content with that I'd be very happy with the game and still playing. But I'm not. So I don't get your point. Sure, there are difficult things in the game, but those just involve doing the one "current" raid tier over and over. It doesn't have real progress, just grind.

The point is that you did not see all of their content. You haven't seen any of the Heroic encounters.
    I cleared almost all heroic encounters from WotLK until I quit in Cata, I've seen enough to know that it's not new content. It's just a more difficult mode to the same content. Difficulty alone is not worth my time of money. I want true TBC style progression.

In short, the only person responsible for lack of content for you to play (and your eventual unsubscribing) is yourself.
    Sure, you can blame me all you want and tell me I'm playing it wrong. It's not going to change the fact that the gaming experience Blizzard offered me in MoP was an unmitigated disaster, and I'm going to be one more in the long line of lost subs Blizzard has to report.

You have no patience. You want it all "now, now, now".
    Lol. You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about

Weeks of progression in flex or normal? Are you kiding me? my guilds cleared normal mods in MoP first week after release. Sinestra exclusive? You dont say when there was no LFR at start of cataclysm. Game lost exclusivity with LFR no with normal and hc separation. And yes there are few who gives a shit about heroic rading. I was also hc raider until end of MoP then i realize that i am just wasting time since LFR really gives me whole content for free.
    Also, there are guilds that struggle with both Flex and Normal. Contrary to what you think, I have run into several guilds that have many, many nights trying to progress on Flex difficulty. Yes, it happens. If you find that content too easy for you, then go to Heroic content. If that's not interesting, then go do something else. However, the problem then lies that YOU don't find the content interesting, not that Blizzard created LFR.

Get my point?

Deleted
    Also, there are guilds that struggle with both Flex and Normal. Contrary to what you think, I have run into several guilds that have many, many nights trying to progress on Flex difficulty. Yes, it happens. If you find that content too easy for you, then go to Heroic content. If that's not interesting, then go do something else. However, the problem then lies that YOU don't find the content interesting, not that Blizzard created LFR.

Get my point?
    Yes you are right i dont find hc content interesting becouse HC = LFR. Same content but different difficulty. Same shit what happened with Diablo 3. First playthrought epic as ****. Then you switch to another difficulty aannnnnnndd. Opppppss it is same shit over again with just biger numbers and few new mechanics? Nah i will not play this then. And thats why Diablo 3 was dead game for many months till RoS comes out with new content. As long LFR offers me easy way to see content i will not do hc raiding.

Anything more then LFR is pointless gear grind without any real progression.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-08-26 at 03:49 PM.

I cleared almost all heroic encounters from WotLK until I quit in Cata, I've seen enough to know that it's not new content. It's just a more difficult mode to the same content. Difficulty alone is not worth my time of money. I want true TBC style progression.
    No you don't. You don't want that progression. I was involved in Server First kills of Lady Vashj, all of The Eye, all of Mount Hyjal, and half of Black Temple before I had to leave the game, for reference. It isn't what you want. It's what you remember was cool. That's all.

Sure, you can blame me all you want and tell me I'm playing it wrong. It's not going to change the fact that the gaming experience Blizzard offered me in MoP was an unmitigated disaster, and I'm going to be one more in the long line of lost subs Blizzard has to report.
    That's the problem, then. You consumed the content too quickly and claimed it was Blizzard's fault. It wasn't--it's your fault. They also offered you Heroic raiding, but you have chosen to not play that.

Lol. You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about
    I do, actually. You've already said that you played the easiest content just because it was easy. That's impatience.

Holy ***. Do you understand that nobady gives **** about heroic content becouse it isnt exclusive and do not offer any char progression throught story then LFR does? Nobady gives **** about hc mechanics or items.
    So you care only about the story. But LFR is too easy. Why do you care if it's too easy if you only care about the story and "char progression"? If you do care about the difficulty, don't do LFR, do only Flex if that's hard enough for you, or normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Don't like LFR ? Don't do it. (...) It's not because WoW has an "internet comunity" that you can't find a guild that enjoys the same things as you do.
    ^ This. Cross-realm may have its flaws, but it makes it very easy to find like-minded individuals to play the game the way you want to play it. LFR, RDF, etc etc they're all TOOLS, not requirements or absolutely necessary paths.

Leveling's too easy? Find a way to make it more interesting and hard: http://www.wowironman.com/rules

The point is that you did not see all of their content.
    There are so many games which have "easy" difficulties that let you see the content you paid for if you're not a great player or don't care much about getting better/learning. That's what LFR, for instance is. You don't have to do it if you find it too easy.
    And there is a LOT more content than dungeons and raids, some of it time consuming, if you want it

I do agree leveling/questing and dungeons should be harder, or at least start easy and slowly become harder. But...

WoW hasn't become easier. WoW has become more accessible, to a wider array of player-type. The difficulty now is in actually having to get better at playing your class almost perfectly and being executing boss tactics flawlessly, for those who want that kind of difficulty, instead of being only in the ammount of time you can dedicate to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    So you care only about the story. But LFR is too easy. Why do you care if it's too easy if you only care about the story and "char progression"? If you do care about the difficulty, don't do LFR, do only Flex if that's hard enough for you, or normal.

^ This. Cross-realm may have its flaws, but it makes it very easy to find like-minded individuals to play the game the way you want to play it. LFR, RDF, etc etc they're all TOOLS, not requirements or absolutely necessary paths.

Leveling's too easy? Find a way to make it more interesting and hard: http://www.wowironman.com/rules

There are so many games which have "easy" difficulties that let you see the content you paid for if you're not a great player or don't care much about getting better/learning. That's what LFR, for instance is. You don't have to do it if you find it too easy.
    And there is a LOT more content than dungeons and raids, some of it time consuming, if you want it

I do agree leveling/questing and dungeons should be harder, or at least start easy and slowly become harder. But...

WoW hasn't become easier. WoW has become more accessible, to a wider array of player-type. The difficulty now is in actually having to get better at playing your class almost perfectly and being executing boss tactics flawlessly, for those who want that kind of difficulty, instead of being only in the ammount of time you can dedicate to the game.
    I find LFR easy but i will still do it becouse it saves my time what i can spend in League of Legends which have exclusive content = it is much more fun to play this game and much more challenging becouse you can see (Challenger) what low rated and low skilled players cant see. You are rewarded by exclusive content for your effort. In WoW you can put as much effort as you want but you will still only see same content as you do in LFR.

Anything more then LFR is pointless gear grind without any real progression.
    Then be happy by doing LFR alone if that's what you enjoy. Raids take a big part of development time, and if you check the numbers, the percentage of players who completed (or at least tried) Normal mode is HIGHER after LFR was introduced.

LFR actually brings more player to "proper" raiding.

Why should Blizzard waste so much of their development time for something only 10~20% of the population experiences?

And like I said, LFR could be harder if people actually helped each other, but no. 1 wipe and everyone's name-calling and qqing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Then be happy by doing LFR alone if that's what you enjoy. Raids take a big part of development time, and if you check the numbers, the percentage of players who completed (or at least tried) Normal mode is HIGHER after LFR was introduced.

LFR actually brings more player to "proper" raiding.

Why should Blizzard waste so much of their development time for something only 10~20% of the population experiences?

And like I said, LFR could be harder if people actually helped each other, but no. 1 wipe and everyone's name-calling and qqing.
    I do not enjoy LFR becouse it is too easy for me. But it is still best way to see content if you dont want wate of time on pointless grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    i remember when making a TWINK was actually fun because you'd be overpower and troll people in BG...
    nowday if u queue BG with a twink you get opponents that are also twinks... why would you even want to make a twink then? XD
    Indeed, why would you want to play against people who actually provide a challenge when you can "pwn noobs" that don't stand a chance against you...

I find LFR easy but i will still do it becouse it saves my time what i can spend in League of Legends which have exclusive content = it is much more fun to play this game and much more challenging becouse you can see (Challenger) what low rated and low skilled players cant see. You are rewarded by exclusive content for your effort. In WoW you can put as much effort as you want but you will still only see same content as you do in LFR.
    mmm no, you want. ANd if you actually tried even Flex you'd see it's a whole different experience despite having the same lore/visuals/etc. But mechanics and gameplay are part of the game too. You may not have extra heroic bosses on every raid, you may not see an extra cutscene or something like that, but trust me it's a very different experience the moment you actually have to take mechanics and tactics into consideration. If all you want to do is "see" the raids, might as well not even play it, wait for the videos on youtube to show up

- - - Updated - - -

I do not enjoy LFR becouse it is too easy for me. But it is still best way to see content if you dont want wate of time on pointless grind.
    So LFR is too easy.

But you don't want to dedicate into harder difficulty because it's pointless grind.

So the solution is the content should be gated to everyone, and everyone has to go ahead and do said pointless grind (you're not willing to do) if they want to see the content.

Seems a very logic and reasonable idea. Please -_-