Going to EU servers

Hey guys, I'm in the US, but I have some friends in the UK I want to play with, so I'm thinking of getting the EU client as well. I'm assuming that it'll be like starting WoW fresh, no characters or acheivements (all my looms QQ). Is there anything else to expect? Will my ms/latency be super high? Any decent servers? Thanks in advance.

Nothing carries over. I'm in Canada playing on EU, my ping is usually around 160-180 with no real noticeable lag. There is a big time different, the server are located in France so there will be a 5-8 hour time difference depending on what part of the US you are in; also with that the weekly reset and server maintenance is early Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday morning. Some thing like Recruit a friend or Scroll of Resurrection might not work for you because they are limited to certain countries (I can't do Recruit a Friend because Canada isn't on their list of approved counties).

Also the cost of playing will be higher with a combination of the exchange rate and just poor pricing.
    WoD is $49.99 US and 44.99 Eur so you will end up paying about $61 US for it.
    Last edited by Ratboy; 2014-07-14 at 06:45 PM.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Couple of things:

In addition to the higher cost due to the exchange rate, also expect your bank to flag the transaction at least once. I am with Wells Fargo and everytime I use a new card to make a WoW related purchase they put a hold on it. (transaction showing as taking place in Versailles, France)

And if you use the same battle.net account to make the WoW Eu account on you could end up with some goodies from your old US account. Currently Blizzcon, SCII and Diablo collectors edition and promotion pets (core hound and the penguin) are shared between US and EU accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Ms/latency wise I run from California, good for me is 150 home/world ms idle, during raids 350 home/world ms. At its worst it can go 600+ but thats usually when the gf is watching netflix too.