Shows like <Hemlock Grove> and <Secret Circle>?

Evening all,

I was wondering if any of you know any other shows in the same trend of Hemlock Grove and The Secret Circle? In general I enjoy any mythical or magic involving series, werevolves, vamps, witches, ... Mostly looking for something more in the direction of Secret Circle, meaning a magic cult or some sort.
    Tried some already, but found effects so poor...

Cheers

Penny Dreadful is very similar to Hemlock Grove in terms of style and mood. I'd consider it to be well worth looking into, especially if you enjoyed Hemlock Grove!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Penny Dreadful is very similar to Hemlock Grove in terms of style and mood. I'd consider it to be well worth looking into, especially if you enjoyed Hemlock Grove!
    Cheers for the fast reply Baelthar, will have a look right now

10+ Year Old Account
    I second this. I couldn't get into Hemlock Grove, but Penny Dreadful is absolutely amazing. Reminds me more of League of Extraordinary Gentleman, only darker.

Hmm seems to be very nice indeed, though only 8 episodes :/ Had hoped for something with more seasons as I have much time to fill atm.
    Watching first episode now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    Hmm seems to be very nice indeed, though only 8 episodes :/ Had hoped for something with more seasons as I have much time to fill atm.
    Watching first episode now
    Its because it's still in it's first season

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Aye, but had hoped to start watching a serie with more seasons to fill my time
    Though PD seems to be nice to start with!

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I'm really looking forward to season 2! I'm not sure how long it'll be until it airs, but hopefully it'll be less than a year.

I'm really looking forward to season 2! I'm not sure how long it'll be until it airs, but hopefully it'll be less than a year.
    Just says 2015, so best we can hope for is January I guess :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Charmed was about witches.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Charmed was about witches.
    Aye saw that serie years ago

You could also try Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. They're not as dark or as atmospheric as Hemlock Grove but they do have some genuinely creepy and tragic moments. I greatly prefer the earlier seasons in all three cases, though - they all seem to lack for ideas later on and the style shifts to being less about horror and more about cheap humour.