The Mongrel Horde

After looking into some of the potential plans they had for continueing the storyline after MoP, one of the things they talked about during Blizzcon was having the idea of making Garrosh escape and building a Mongrel Horde out the races we repeatedly fight against on Azeroth.

This really got me wondering how would this Mongrel Horde looked like, who would've been the races part of this?

In my mind some of the most likely candidates would've been:
    - Gnolls (nothing says Mongrel more than them)
    - Naga (they are one of the major Azeroth races we constantly get to slap around)
    - Kobolds (We're constantly taking their candles)
    - Defias Brotherhood (I'm sure there's still some sympathisers out there).
    - Ogres
    - Goblins (Blackfuse Mercenaries)

I think that about covers it for the main suspects of this Mongrel Horde, what do you think? Did I miss some vital race?

I'd like to think that the naga have more depth and sense given what we've seen of them so far in the canon lore. They're loyal to Azshara above all else, so having them suddenly decide to throw their lot in with Garrosh would feel rather contrived. Lady Vashj and her naga followers may have thrown their lot in with Illidan and his Illidari but that made for a much more interesting faction than anything Garrosh could put together.

Murloc Horde !

The Naga strike me as too organised to throw their lot in with a Mongrel Horde. My guesses:
    > Gnolls (centrepiece of the army)
    > Murlocs
    > Kobolds
    > Quillboars
    > Centaur
    > Ogres
    > Goblin Mercenaries
    > Virmen
    > Hozen

- - - Updated - - -

It could make a good expansion one day.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.

Well, it was meant for him to unite lesser races of Azeroth.

It is really funny, they planned on making Garrosh another Thrall that would unite oppressed races and make them stronger, but Blizzard made a 180° turn when they made him a complete opposite, a Nazi basically! Still love him though! Garrosh FTW!

The Kobolds will come for our candles.

We are not prepared.

Gnolls could have made a decent Horde race

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It could make a good expansion one day.
    I'm not so sure. We kind of need a threat we can take seriously, and while overdone and predictable, Garrosh creating a new "super cool badass Horde" led by the most fearsome chieftains in orcish history is at least imposing in-universe. Garrosh escaping to rally a bunch of kobolds and quillboars to war just strikes me as lame and a low-key, low-risk premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'm not so sure. We kind of need a threat we can take seriously, and while overdone and predictable, Garrosh creating a new "super cool badass Horde" led by the most fearsome chieftains in orcish history is at least imposing in-universe. Garrosh escaping to rally a bunch of kobolds and quillboars to war just strikes me as lame and a low-key, low-risk premise.
    It could make a decent story, we get rumors of Garrosh rallying gnolls and such but the faction leaders don't take it seriously. "We already beat him, and gnolls are no big threat!" until a huge number of of gnolls and kobolds and such show up at Stormwind and wreck the place. I mean if you look at Rome for example they didn't take some escaped slaves seriously and then it took them several years to get that under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I agree it would have been a hard sell, harder than WoD or Pandaria probably. The big issue is where the expansion would have taken place? A brand new continent? Updated Old Zones? Islands in the ocean? Then there is the problem of lore characters. Like who are the villains aside from Garrosh? Do you try and spin hogger into a serious character? It's easy to see why they didn't go with it, because the concept has a lot of issues. But executed correctly it could have worked, with a message about hubris or something. I'd at least like to see a patch on it.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'd like to think that the naga have more depth and sense given what we've seen of them so far in the canon lore. They're loyal to Azshara above all else, so having them suddenly decide to throw their lot in with Garrosh would feel rather contrived. Lady Vashj and her naga followers may have thrown their lot in with Illidan and his Illidari but that made for a much more interesting faction than anything Garrosh could put together.
    The Naga had a lot of lore planned for in Cataclysm, but due to the poor way of treating Cata, it was abandoned...

oh god some people actually believe this might be a good expansion?!

holy hell

Isn't Garrosh new horde basicly goblins now?
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.