Dual video card question

Hey guys getting my PC in a few days put an evga nvidia gtx 770 super clocked 2gb card in the rig, I'm looking to put a second card in most likely en evga gtx 770 4gb super clocked card. Question is do you think a 750w power supply is enough for having these two cards?

Deleted
    No need to buy a 4gb card if you have a 2gb one. You can't take advantage of the 4gb if you have a 2gb one

Was doing it to be able to play watch dogs in ultra since I hear u need 4gb card to do so

When do you crossfire it will only match the other card, so it will only use 2GB out of that 4GB and makes the 4GB card worthless for the extra cost

So if I just got a second 2gb one it would be enough? Or should I just replace the 2 with a single 4gb?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanksaton10 View Post
    Hey guys getting my PC in a few days put an evga nvidia gtx 770 super clocked 2gb card in the rig, I'm looking to put a second card in most likely en evga gtx 770 4gb super clocked card. Question is do you think a 750w power supply is enough for having these two cards?
    If you have a 2GB & 4GB video card...in SLi you'll only get 2GB memory, you need both video cards to be 4GB to have 4GB memory in SLi.

In terms of PSU requirements can't really help...not done SLi / Crossfire myself! But this PSU calculator might give you an idea regarding wattage (but won't give info on amp's on the +12V rail, which is more important): http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

- - - Updated - - -

So if I just got a second 2gb one it would be enough? Or should I just replace the 2 with a single 4gb?
    A quick google search found: http://www.geforce.com/games-applica...m-requirements

So no...it doesn't look like your 2GB 770 is enough...and quick look at 780's show they are 3GB cards minimum.
    Last edited by CandyFresh; 2014-07-15 at 03:38 PM.
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

If I bought a second 2gb card to lsi would that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Sli not lsi

7+ Year Old Account
    If I bought a second 2gb card to lsi would that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Sli not lsi
    No. With 2 2GB cards in SLI, you have 2GB of video memory.

You also don't need 4GB of video memory to run Watch Dogs on ultra at 1080p. At higher resolutions, yes you would. 3GB should be enough for 1080p though.

Why? imho is a useless money waste

7+ Year Old Account
    Saying "750w" doesn't say anything about the power supply. Watts is a completely useless measurement that doesn't tell you anything. Need more specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Saying "750w" doesn't say anything about the power supply. Watts is a completely useless measurement that doesn't tell you anything. Need more specifics.
    True...would help to know PSU brand, its rating (e.g. 80+ bronze etc), how old/new it is and how many amps on the +12V rail(s) - which is on sticker on side of PSU.
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans