Gaming System Setup

Hello, so been looking for an actual customized gaming PC since I have yet to do one and now have the means to do it! I have already gotten a video card and SSD but would need everything else as the GF is getting the old computer.

Budget:
    ~700USD

Resolution
    1920x1080

Games / Settings Desired
    High for SC2, WoW

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Nope

Country
    USA

Parts that can be reused
    New: r9 270x 4gig, 256 Evo SSD

Do you need an OS?
    No

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    No

Let me know if anymore information is required, have been surfing around newegg for good combo deals and still looking.

Thanks man will check it all out! so stick with the 4690k instead of the 4770 or 4790k, I won't notice a difference in games right etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    There is a minimal difference in games, and really not worth it for the $100 difference in price to upgrade the CPU to the 4790k.

Also, you might want to change the RAM in Notarget's build to:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $74.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

The reason is that this is low profile, i.e. will fit under an air cooler like the one listed.

Or you could go with the faster RAM and remove the heatsinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    From what I understand you can simply place the RAM in ( I|I| ) 2 and 4 slot and the taller heatsink is a non-issue. Also there is only one fan so just face it away, pushing out, right?

Deleted
    Channel A has slots 2+4, Channel B has 1+3. So Dual channel, 2 modules would be DDR3_1+DDR3_2, its the 1st and 3rd counting from the right. Here's a photo with the cooler and ram suggested

Deleted
    Exactly, that's what I meant. I was just counting left to right and going off of my high tech overview of RAM slots I|I|