PC Build Help - £800-£900 Budget

Budget - £800-900
    Resolution 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: Mainly CSGO Diablo3 Raiding 25mans on WoW with a stable FPS (high gfx would be nice)
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) Nope.
    Country United Kingdom
    Parts that can be reused; Ive got an AMD Radeon 6570 HD 2GB Card in my current heap of junk I could use that until i buy a better one
    Do you need an OS? Not at the moment I can use my Current OS for the time being
    Do you need peripherals? No

Id like to buy some of the parts asap and get the build started, As my old pc is on its last legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Budget - £800-900
    Resolution 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: Mainly CSGO Diablo3 Raiding 25mans on WoW with a stable FPS (high gfx would be nice)
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) Nope.
    Country United Kingdom
    Parts that can be reused; Ive got an AMD Radeon 6570 HD 2GB Card in my current heap of junk I could use that until i buy a better one
    Do you need an OS? Not at the moment I can use my Current OS for the time being
    Do you need peripherals? No

Id like to buy some of the parts asap and get the build started, As my old pc is on its last legs.
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/blog/45/970-gaming-build looks solid, you can leave out the GPU for now, then you are well lower than your budget and have a very good machine.

Edit: despite being on uk.pcpartpicker, this price is in USDollars. Sorry. It still is a good place to start, I would definitely go with an i5.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2014-07-15 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/blog/45/970-gaming-build looks solid, you can leave out the GPU for now, then you are well lower than your budget and have a very good machine.

Edit: despite being on uk.pcpartpicker, this price is in USDollars. Sorry. It still is a good place to start, I would definitely go with an i5.
    Thanks, I will be leaving a couple of things out to start with SSD / HDD / GFX card just so I can get it built and have something that is actually useful. Would the Motherboard in this build be compatible with my current gfx card?

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.94 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£41.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£97.02 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£59.60 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£77.10 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card (£209.99 @ Novatech)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (£59.15 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£44.11 @ CCL Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£11.32 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £800.92
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.94 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£41.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£97.02 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£59.60 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£77.10 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card (£209.99 @ Novatech)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (£59.15 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£44.11 @ CCL Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£11.32 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £800.92
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Ooh, thanks.
    Would I be ok leaving out the HDD/SSD and just using my old one? can do without the DVD Writer for now too.

Deleted
    Ooh, thanks.
    Would I be ok leaving out the HDD/SSD and just using my old one? can do without the DVD Writer for now too.
    Yes. and you can leave out the GPU for now as well, though I would recommend not to. Your old one would not match your new rig Well it would FIT (if I'm not totally mistaken) though.
    I'd recommend a non-stock heatsink as well, it's in your budget and you have an unlocked CPU that can be overclocked. The stock heatsinks don't suck, but you can get a FAR better one for under 30 pounds (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cool...r-rr212e20pkr2)

Deleted
    Far better than the original or far better than the one linked in trhe build above? Hyper 212 EVO is the former but not the latter.

The build linked is good. The thing I'd change is the case and get a Phanteks one instead. But that's because I am currently hyped about the Phanteks cases. Maybe you should keep the SSD in build so your old rig remains functional?

Deleted
    Ooh, thanks.
    HDD sure, if you don't have an SSD yet I'd strongly recommend picking one up. DVD drive is not needed really.

I'd recommend a non-stock heatsink as well
    That's why the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 is in the build suggestion

HDD sure, if you don't have an SSD yet I'd strongly recommend picking one up. DVD drive is not needed really.

I can only afford a certain amount of it this month but id like to get the build going so i can use it hence leaving out stuff that isnt 100% necessary

Deleted
    Totally missed that.

Deleted
    I can only afford a certain amount of it this month but id like to get the build going so i can use it hence leaving out stuff that isnt 100% necessary
    The Corsair 300R got a rather big cut out on the backplate so most likely you won't have to take the mobo out to place the aftermarket cpu cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have one an can attest to that. You can simply remove the stock and append a new aftermarket cooler when you decide to get it without the usual take out the entire thing.

Deleted
    Fair enough, then yeah that's very possible

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The Corsair 300R got a rather big cut out on the backplate so most likely you won't have to take the mobo out to place the aftermarket cpu cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I have one an can attest to that. You can simply remove the stock and append a new aftermarket cooler when you decide to get it without the usual take out the entire thing.
    I have no idea what you mean with this, Im fairly n00b when it comes to building pcs

Deleted
    Just means there is a big cutout/hole behind the motherboard so if you waited to add a different CPU heatsink you would be able to mount it without having to take the build apart and remove the motherboard.

Just means there is a big cutout/hole behind the motherboard so if you waited to add a different CPU heatsink you would be able to mount it without having to take the build apart and remove the motherboard.
    Ah I see, I wouldnt be doing that personally, theres a guy my dad knows who said he would put my pc together for me, so if I need to add a different CPU heatsink I would just take it to him