Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Not everyone likes Raids either. So?

Achievements are content. I happen to know Justicar takes this long - at 1200 hours + on average - as I did it on my main Paladin. To cap all these WSG flags I played hardcore from Nov till the end of Feb at 10-12 hours a Day non stop.

Of all these 1600+ WSG's , not one was similar to the other, like any football match or any competition.

... and Justicar is just one out of hundreds of prestigious titles in the game and it is not even transferrable. So my rogue and Hunter are not even at a fraction of it and they play a complete different role in PvP ...

Epic. Never forget that experience. As such it is content for those who LIKE to obtain such a PvP title.

Like a previous poster said: your hobby is to piss on WoW and Blizzard in a forum and even thinking it has an impact. Nice hobby. Laughs.

Get your act together and start playing games you like, ... instead of being addicted to complain about WoW.

Seriously.
    What a bizarrely off-topic and utterly predictable response. Any chance of you answering my main question?

Right, unlike you, I am not claiming that raiding or any content for that matter offers a set amount of content.

No achievements are not content, in the case of Justicar WSG, AB and AV are the content. Wow, almost four months playing 10-12 hours per day! That explains a lot.

Why do you take it so personally if I am critical towards WOW or Blizzard? It has given over 70 hours per week of enjoyment for a number of months surely this is all that matters? So what if someone else does not share your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What a bizarrely off-topic and utterly predictable response. Any chance of you answering my main question?

Right, unlike you, I am not claiming that raiding or any content for that matter offers a set amount of content.

No achievements are not content, in the case of Justicar WSG, AB and AV are the content. Wow, almost four months playing 10-12 hours per day! That explains a lot.

Why do you take it so personally if I am critical towards WOW or Blizzard? It has given over 70 hours per week of enjoyment for a number of months surely this is all that matters? So what if someone else does not share your opinion?
    You are the one making a hobby out of complaining. I am not. Going for Justicar is content. Since every BG is different in fights and tactics, just like a football match, it is content you play in... endlessly for 1000 WSG' or AV's.

Considering only a new tree and a few landscapes as content is ridiculous.

Challenges are content templates. Just like a football season is "content" in real life to be absorbed by the fans, so are PvP matches or other activities content in WoW.

I consider going for achievements content. Period. There is enough content in WoW right now to live 3 full life times of 40 years each.

We are playing WoW the MMO, not WoW the latest Raid corridor. Well correction "we" not you as you have a new hobby: complaining about WoW in forums to tease the fans. Good luck.

I wonder what makes people drive that way? I have a pretty good idea, but I doubt it would be polite to express these thoughts in this forum.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-07-17 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You are the one making a hobby out of complaining. I am not. Going for Justicar is content. Since every BG is different in fights and tactics, just like a football match, it is content you play in... endlessly for 1000 WSG' or AV's.

Considering only a new tree and a few landscapes as content is ridiculous.

Challenges are content templates. Just like a football season is "content" in real life to be absorbed by the fans, so are PvP matches or other activities content in WoW.

I consider going for achievements content. Period. There is enough content in WoW right now to live 3 full life times of 40 years each.

We are playing WoW the MMO, not WoW the latest Raid corridor.
    I am not complaining I am asking you a question which you keep avoiding. Going for Justicar is a reason to keep playing the content; WSG, AB and AV, don't get me wrong it is a fun achievement to get and one which I enjoyed very much but that is a result of the quality of the content - the three battle grounds involved.

It is ridiculous, good job no-one is doing so, apart from in your straw-man.

I am glad you enjoy achievements, so do I, however there are only so many times someone can run the same content over and over before it becomes boring, clearly your threshold is higher than mine although it might have to do with the long period you quit the game for. Seeing as there is at least one person who has every single achievement it is clearly an exaggeration to say that there is 120 years worth of content on offer.

I guess there is still no chance of you answering my question? Or of an on-topic response?

10+ Year Old Account
    more interesting on the call will be comments about wod release. do they hedge on q4 or make absolute statement on it?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which was what again? Why Det would comment in a public forum? Not sure you really deserve any responses, to be honest, you've sidestepped a million of my questions before, so it almost seems like what we should do when you ask a question is just not answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Think about what you have said here. Now remember, it was you who was asking Det why he posts what he posts, so if anything, you're the one taking it personally, in fact it is quite hilarious that you are trying to get people not to post in this thread. Are we ruining the fun you were intending to have? Speculating on what sub numbers is one of your favorite things. So I apologize. Sincerely. No one wants to ruin your fun. Surely there will be a loss, and you can celebrate or whatever you do.

But you have to admit, there is no where else like MMOChamp where people like you seem to think they belong and someone like me doesn't. Talk about bizarre (and completely predictable). You and deficine and your other buds can now continue on with the same things you guys say every single time we see a thread like this. Repeating the same stupid thread every 3 weeks must certainly be working to take down the evil coders behind wow, or else maybe you just need to complain more, or maybe it is just habit at this point. Honestly I don't care. Good luck aggroing Blizz.

ON TOPIC: Subs don't matter, they've figured out how to make the money they want, that's what matters. Outlook is good for the next year. Investors are happy. Stocks have gone up. New expansion, new games, and new movie coming. I'd buy stocks if I were you.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-07-17 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    You wish for that dont you? You are eagerly expecting a sub drop so you could tell everyone how the game sucks and everyone should unsub and whatsoeverbullshit.
    Predictions are not desires.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    more interesting on the call will be comments about wod release. do they hedge on q4 or make absolute statement on it?
    Also, I'll be listening for any hints about internal turmoil.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Probably after next week after they reel in a few other poor bastards who think grinding bullshit quest items for their legendary cloak will be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing anywhere from 300k lost to 1.5m lost. 300k is optimistic honestly. Going with 800k loss down to 6.9m. Third quarter will fall to just above 6m and WoD will brings subs back up to north of 8m and the cycle begins anew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Probably after next week after they reel in a few other poor bastards who think grinding bullshit quest items for their legendary cloak will be fun.
    After all, why PLAY wow, when it is more fun to talk about subs of this game that you no longer enjoy playing at all. (In one hour of reading this forums you could make enough money to play wow for one month, but instead you would rather post these silly statements. You do realize how silly that all is right?) Sorry. My bad. I apologize. I keep commenting and obviously I'm not wanted!

What am I doing here even? I should be playing wow? Yes it is true, this poor bastard should be playing wow, and... I AM! I'm running normal SOO on my druid, and he already has a cloak, so that buff isn't helping me at all. I must be an idiot to be having fun! What a senseless dum person I am! I'm pretending to be a kitty cat! Surely a better use of my time would be to get my angry critic achievement points! Meow?
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-07-17 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    After all, why PLAY wow, when it is more fun to talk about subs of this game that you no longer enjoy playing at all. (In one hour of reading this forums you could make enough money to play wow for one month, but instead you would rather post these silly statements. You do realize how silly that all is right?) Sorry. My bad. I apologize. I keep commenting and obviously I'm not wanted!

What am I doing here even? I should be playing wow? Yes it is true, this poor bastard should be playing wow, and... I AM! I'm running normal SOO on my druid, and he already has a cloak, so that buff isn't helping me at all. I must be an idiot to be having fun! What a senseless dum person I am! I'm pretending to be a kitty cat! Surely a better use of my time would be to get my angry critic achievement points! Meow?
    I don't care what you do, I was talking about people who leave for a while, forget how dull PVE has gotten, sub, then regret it a few hours later.

And who says I don't already play WoW? And if I wasn't, why would I work to play it if I don't want to? Did I ask for your financial advice? Did I ask you what I should do with my money and time for that matter? If you're so happy playing WoW, why are you on the forums yourself? And who says I read the forums for an hour? You're bestowing a lot of pointless wisdom and I'm not sure why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Obviously you fail to understand just how fun it is to mess with people who cannot understand why anyone would come to a wow forum and defend wow... especially when the complaint is 'omg i need more content!'. I'll do my best to explain it for you in a simple sentence: You are addicted to complaining about wow and it is funny.

What's even funnier is that some people think their forum tactics will affect the longevity of wow.

If I died tomorrow, would you guys all later say my sub expired because of lack of content or the store or no flying until who knows when? I bet you would. I bet you would.
    No. We would probably pitty you for spending the last eve of your life defending a company that gives two shits about you against player expressing legitimate complaints about a game and try to dismiss their problems with almost trollish replies playing for the denial of the content draught or the achievement argument like yet another adolescent marijuana addict talking about the healthy benefits and harmlessness of the green plant.

Just hypothetically speaking in sweeping generalizations of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    If we as a player-base still have no idea as of the meeting, I feel like they're going to make a comment saying something along the lines of 'having a major release during this half of the year.'

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I didn't say they wouldn't do anything, I'm just saying a return to classic - something brought up often here at MMOC and frequently used as a reason for sub losses - is not likely to be the result.

People act like Blizzard never listens to them, ever. You know, they did, when they removed the rep requirements on faction gear in MoP after the outcry at how much of a grind it was. When they reduced charm costs to 50 from 90 lesser charms. When they nerfed the crap out of heroic dungeons in Cataclysm. When they decreased VP costs to 250 per 4 levels instead of 500. When they changed it to 4 increases instead of 2 to allow teams to choose to nerf SoO. When they changed LFR in the new expansion to not drop tier gear so that regular raiders didn't feel forced to run it. The squish, when people complained about the numbers being out of control. Being able to solo old raids.

They listen. People just forget when they do and remember only when they don't and get upset.
    You're forgetting that for many of the points you listed, a considerable sub drop happened and yet they stood adamant on the stance "nothing is wrong deal with it or fuck off" for quite some time (cata heroics, mop daily grindfest and no use for VP are the most notorious)
    Last edited by rpdrichard; 2014-08-05 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?