Deleted

Night Elf Worgen - should they be playable?

I know it's a stretch, but the original and true Worgen are actually Night Elves that became the Worgen. For the people that don't know the story behind the origins of the Worgen - let me explain it in short:

The original Worgen originated from the War of the Satyr - a war that happened several years after the first invasion of the Burning Legion, known as the War of the Ancients. A sect of Night Elven druids called 'Druids of the Scytche' worshipped the Ancient known as Goldrinn (also known as Lo'Gosh) and used the fury of Goldrinn to turn themselves into a feral humanoid wolf-like form - much like the modern druids that shapeshifts into Bear, Cat, Tree and so on, this form was called the 'Pack Form'. But it turned them into mindless and violent creatures eventually losing their sanity. Malfurion along with other druids agreed to banish the Druids of the Scythe to the Emerald Dream and put them into eternal slumber.

Sooo...

The modern and playable Worgen as we know it from in-game are also known as the Gilnean/Greymane Worgen. These are humans from the northern kingdom that contracted the Worgen disease and transformed them - thanks to our good old friend Arugal tampering with Ur's research.

The Night Elves helped these human Worgen, because they felt it was their fault that these poor humans were cursed by something they managed to create many many years ago and re-introduced them into the Alliance.

We have learned from the Worgen start zone, that they managed to make a partial cure to retain their sanity while transformed.

That leads to my question: Why don't we wake our ancient friends from their slumber in the Emerald Dream and recruit them into the Alliance? We have a cure that partially cured the Gilnean Worgen from losing their minds, so why not use it on the Night Elf Worgens?

I'm against it for two reasons.

1. Because I don't want to muddle the issue of who the Worgen are. I like having their Gilnean culture associated with the Worgen and letting them also be NElves would water that down for me. If people want to RP a worgen NE they can, but I'd rather not see the lore go in that direction.

2. Because it would likely cause a nightmare of matching worgen features to not only their human model counterparts, but also figuring out how to do it with night elves and would probably result in having to limit the night elven features available anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by treecut View Post
    I know it's a stretch, but the original and true Worgen are actually Night Elves that became the Worgen. For the people that don't know the story behind the origins of the Worgen - let me explain it in short:

The original Worgen originated from the War of the Satyr - a war that happened several years after the first invasion of the Burning Legion, known as the War of the Ancients. A sect of Night Elven druids called 'Druids of the Scytche' worshipped the Ancient known as Goldrinn (also known as Lo'Gosh) and used the fury of Goldrinn to turn themselves into a feral humanoid wolf-like form - much like the modern druids that shapeshifts into Bear, Cat, Tree and so on, this form was called the 'Pack Form'. But it turned them into mindless and violent creatures eventually losing their sanity. Malfurion along with other druids agreed to banish the Druids of the Scythe to the Emerald Dream and put them into eternal slumber.

Sooo...

The modern and playable Worgen as we know it from in-game are also known as the Gilnean/Greymane Worgen. These are humans from the northern kingdom that contracted the Worgen disease and transformed them - thanks to our good old friend Arugal tampering with Ur's research.

The Night Elves helped these human Worgen, because they felt it was their fault that these poor humans were cursed by something they managed to create many many years ago and re-introduced them into the Alliance.

We have learned from the Worgen start zone, that they managed to make a partial cure to retain their sanity while transformed.

That leads to my question: Why don't we wake our ancient friends from their slumber in the Emerald Dream and recruit them into the Alliance? We have a cure that partially cured the Gilnean Worgen from losing their minds, so why not use it on the Night Elf Worgens?
    I imagine it's unlikely for two reasons:

1. Balancing would be a pain since they'd have two racials (Darkflight and Shadowmeld? holy crap).
    2. That would require creating Worgen lore.
    3. Most likely the original Worgen have long since lost their sanity. There's nothing left to cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I imagine it's unlikely for two reasons:

1. Balancing would be a pain since they'd have two racials (Darkflight and Shadowmeld? holy crap).
    2. That would require creating Worgen lore.
    3. Most likely the original Worgen have long since lost their sanity. There's nothing left to cure.
    they'd only have the worgen racials, obviously, like worgens don't have every man for himself

but it's probably too resource consuming to add something like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    2) There is no mention of the Druidic Worgen curse being contagious.
    I'm sorry but there is:

"Night elves wounded by the unruly beasts contracted a virulent curse that turned them into worgen as well. Desperate to stanch the affliction’s spread, Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage mournfully banished the worgen to a pocket dimension of the Emerald Dream, where they would be in peaceful slumber for all eternity."

source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Druids_of_the_Scythe

If they ever get around to adding sub-races then that'd be a pretty great way to implement them. Personally I was a little annoyed to see the worgen added as yet another human sub-race despite the heavy ties they have to night elf lore. I do like Gilneas and the architecture, though.

You said they all got banished to the Emerald Dream, so no they shouldn't be playable. Or maybe you could log in and your character would just be asleep in a forest forever.