View Poll Results: Would you like a mature subforum?

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

2 40.00%
    Deleted

PG 13 plus or 18 plus subforum

I understand MMO Champ has its rules due to catering to a wide array of people, including minors, the elderly, homosexuals, religious people, etc.
    At the same time, ur running a general offtopic subforum that allows pretty much any talk other than those things that keep most people busy and intringued.

- Sexuality
    - Religion
    - Conspiracies
    - Etc.

Instead of waiting for a thread to go bad, u actually censor the the thread by preemtively shutting it down because ´We know this will turn bad´, even if grown ups are having a healthy discussion about these sort of things. Yet i´ve noticed that certain topics gain views very quickly, so theres something to gain there aswell.

My suggestion would be a PG 13, PG 18 subforum where such discussions are allowed. Within boundaries ofcourse, but not so pre-emptively moderated that a few grown ups cant talk about the church or whatever. Clicking the subforum would result in a screen where u insert ur birthdate, like most alcohol related websites.

I´m pretty sure these pages would make alot more add revenue for MMO champ, and add to a lively mature discussion between mature audience.

If declined, i would like to know WHY this idea is declined. I also want to know why pre-emptive moderation happens instead of only punishing those who cant behave. Its weird that normal discussions about everyday life arent allowed because a few people cant behave themselves.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-07-16 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just my opinion but a general off-topic forum on a GAMING site shouldn't cater to "wordly" discussions,
    and who's to say the chitlin don't just enter a fake bday so they can see what debauchery is going on...

Also, tbh, lively mature discussions aren't the norm for the internet where people are hidden by a wall of anonimity.
    The same topic in a forum would never be discussed in similar fashion during a face to face conversation.

Because anyone over 18 can have good discussions on these topics.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Just my opinion but a general off-topic forum on a GAMING site shouldn't cater to "wordly" discussions,
    and who's to say the chitlin don't just enter a fake bday so they can see what debauchery is going on...

Also, tbh, lively mature discussions aren't the norm for the internet where people are hidden by a wall of anonimity.
    The same topic in a forum would never be discussed in similar fashion during a face to face conversation.
    People are talking beheadings and my little pony in general off topic. Doesnt get more worldwide than that.
    Ive seen plenty of mature discussions getting closed, even when nothing happened because ´we know how this will eventually play out´.

You cant be sure about age, no. But you have a check. If its good enough for budweiser and other alcoholic beverage companies, its good enough for MMO champ.

It be nice.
    you need to have less cherry picking what to lock. Like, we can talk about Joe having issues with his GF and talk about his virginity, that is totally fine but we skirt having a thread locked if it's about Laverne Cox cause she is trans and someone will make it an issue.. You know, "gender and sexuality"
    I think you will find, there is more personal bias at work in the decisions you are talking about then anything.
    It would be nice tho to have the off topic forums rules actually in the Rules tab, makes it feel less selective, ya know?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Because anyone over 18 can have good discussions on these topics.
    That wasn´t exactly the point. The point is sexuality discussions cater to a more adult audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    It be nice.
    you need to have less cherry picking what to lock. Like, we can talk about Joe having issues with his GF and talk about his virginity, that is totally fine but we skirt having a thread locked if it's about Laverne Cox cause she is trans and someone will make it an issue.. You know, "gender and sexuality"
    I think you will find, there is more personal bias at work in the decisions you are talking about then anything.
    It would be nice tho to have the off topic forums rules actually in the Rules tab, makes it feel less selective, ya know?
    I would argue that Joe's thread doesn't have a place in this forum either to be honest. (And plenty of those threads do get closed down).
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2014-07-16 at 11:15 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    I hear you. Moderation based on assumption is always bad, thats like community management 101. Only intervene when things go south, try to put it on the right path first, if nothing helps, use ur epic mod powers. This seems the other way around. But this is not a discussion about moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I would argue that Joe's thread doesn't have a place in this forum either to be honest. (And plenty of those threads do get closed down).
    Agree. I am a fan of all or nothing, anything else is sketch. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree. I am a fan of all or nothing, anything else is sketch. lol
    Seriously, why do we give a shit about Joe? Fuck Joe. Joe isn't special. Fuck Joe and then he isn't a virgin anymore and things are settled. Fuck Joe's GF too, because she isn't any more special than Joe. Fuck her so poorly that she goes crawling back to Joe begging for amazing sex now that he's been trained.

And Fuck Laverne Cox. Fuck her because she's probably a fucking amazing lay and we all deserve to be spoiled now and then.

Now we're getting somewhere.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Seriously, why do we give a shit about Joe? Fuck Joe. Joe isn't special. Fuck Joe and then he isn't a virgin anymore and things are settled. Fuck Joe's GF too, because she isn't any more special than Joe. Fuck her so poorly that she goes crawling back to Joe begging for amazing sex now that he's been trained.

And Fuck Laverne Cox. Fuck her because she's probably a fucking amazing lay and we all deserve to be spoiled now and then.

Now we're getting somewhere.
    I feel like im totally missing out on something...

10+ Year Old Account
    The prohibitions on those topics have nothing to do with age groups, they have to do with a complete inability of people of all ages to discuss them with civility. The administrators decided it wasn't worth moderators spend a ton of time babysitting threads that 100% of the time turn terrible while we wait for that to happen. So they put it on the forbidden topics list.

If people really care a lot about those topics, they can probably find forums on the internet solely dedicated to them. A video game forum is already not the ideal avenue to get your religious debate on.

This thread is already full of inappropriate posts so going to have to close this one too.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-07-17 at 12:19 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |