Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You mock him, but....

He had the right idea!
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The correct method of arachnicide is death by thong*.

*(American English: flip flop)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as he killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Maybe it was the weed spider who had moved in.

I let spiders live if I see them in my house; they kill the other insects.

I guess he did his part.

As it turns out, the man was interviewed on location as the incident occurred. When questioned by reporters he had this to say:

9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    I can't help but like him. Well worth the 60k.

Deleted
    Quick question here: what kind of wall catches fire from something like that?
    The story makes this guy look like an idiot but I'm used to walls that aren't flammable and I can imagine that the possibility of a wall bursting in flames if I used a homemade blowtorch on it wouldn't even occur in my mind.
    I think the real idiot is a guy who uses this kind of materials to build a house and the man in question is a victim of someone else's stupidity.
    Let's be honest - if the spider is big enough (and by that I mean bigger than a fly, though standards may vary) you always use excesive force to kill it just to be extra sure the damn thing won't escape and chew your face off when you least expect it. At least that's what they teach children in my country!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawtdawg View Post
    His house cost $60k. I think it's safe to assume it wasn't a luxurious mansion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought I was crazy for chucking active grenades at cockroaches to kill them. His method does seem effective though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with this. This seems like an incredibly rational way to take care of a spider. He's just being thorough is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    His house cost $60k. I think it's safe to assume it wasn't a luxurious mansion.
    It was a rental and it said it did 60k worth of damage. I doubt burnt to the ground is an accurate account.

Gotta love how everyone jokes about this, then some idiot does it

10+ Year Old Account
    The overreaction of people on the internet to almost completely harmless animals probably shouldn't be taken as life advice. Guess some people have to learn that the hard way.

And frankly, I'd call burning a spider to death pretty inhumane.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawtdawg View Post
    The story makes this guy look like an idiot but I'm used to walls that aren't flammable and I can imagine that the possibility of a wall bursting in flames if I used a homemade blowtorch on it wouldn't even occur in my mind.
    I think the real idiot is a guy who uses this kind of materials to build a house and the man in question is a victim of someone else's stupidity.
    Let's be honest - if the spider is big enough (and by that I mean bigger than a fly, though standards may vary) you always use excesive force to kill it just to be extra sure the damn thing won't escape and chew your face off when you least expect it. At least that's what they teach children in my country!
    He was in the laundry room which if it's anything like mine has plenty of things that catch fire easily. He used a homemade flame thrower on a spider that was trying to get in the wall(tells me that the wall had an opening it could get into. Some Materials used as insulation are considerably flammable(not sure how old the house is or what it is built from) All in all he used a rather stupid method to try and kill a spider in a room that is probably full of flammable objects.

This guy is not impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    what kinda spider was it... or was it like a swarm of them
    Probably a harmless daddy longlegs.

(Those are harmless... Right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Probably a harmless daddy longlegs.

(Those are harmless... Right?)
    According to summer camps everywhere, theyre up there with hitler in terms of deadliness.

I don't see the problem, seems like a perfectly rational solution
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I don't see the problem, seems like a perfectly rational solution
    Im with this guy, I fail to see the issue here.