Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    TIL teenagers are default-engineered to bash FemaleDwarf.

It is the community's job to "maintain" SimCraft, and we've been given every opportunity to do so by the guy who handles it atm (Collision, some others too I think?). A month or so back he linked us a link to the newest beta release of SimCraft and told us to find all its flaws/come with suggestions/feedback the fuck out of it. Very few did, the thread is now nowhere to be found.

The hunter module is being updated for every relevant build, right now. We've been given a thread where we can post feedback/criticize, and even with that gone there's still plenty outlet to do so on GCode/SimCraft IRC.

For someone supposedly so non-biased it really shines through here.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    TIL teenagers are default-engineered to bash FemaleDwarf.

It is the community's job to "maintain" SimCraft, and we've been given every opportunity to do so by the guy who handles it atm (Collision, some others too I think?). A month or so back he linked us a link to the newest beta release of SimCraft and told us to find all its flaws/come with suggestions/feedback the fuck out of it. Very few did, the thread is now nowhere to be found.

The hunter module is being updated for every relevant build, right now. We've been given a thread where we can post feedback/criticize, and even with that gone there's still plenty outlet to do so on GCode/SimCraft IRC.

For someone supposedly so non-biased it really shines through here.
    I have no vested interest in FD other than that I appreciate its existence. And as I've mentioned before, as someone who maintains multiple open source projects, I can tell you that an open source project is only as good as its testers and community. And as you've said, the hunter community is not as active in supporting the Simcraft module. So, that's EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Having two simulators for the hunter community is a very good thing. I'm glad we have both. Neither is useless and both help us with theorycrafting, especially initially when patches hit. As for whatever conspiracy theory crap you are insinuating in the last sentence of your post, you're completely mental. What is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Imagine actively maintaining something to help the hunter community for half a decade (since July 2009) and some random teenagers on the most trafficked hunter forums continually bash your work as "useless." Despite Simcraft being repeatedly more "useless" for hunters this expansion at various points (e.g., toth bugs for months with extra charges) and FD being the only option to reasonably model hunters for multiple tiers... Yeah...

Unless we get a raiding hunter to step up and maintain the Simcraft module in WoD, expect the abilities to be completely out of whack for months again. And FD to be the only simulator in town, again, that models the mechanics even close to accurately.

But please, do keep going on about how useless FD is because it's not as good at fine-grained analysis as Simcraft. When she stops maintaining FD because it's "useless" to the hunter community, well, then I guess you'll accomplish whatever it is you're out to do. It's a pretty thankless job she's doing.

How about instead of all the ridiculous teenage "this is best and if you use something else, you're shit," comments, you instead take a stance of "FD is fine up to a certain extent, but the best analysis will always be with Simcraft"? Or "there's a bug in FD, probably because she's actively updating it. Send her a report through the FD site." Either would be more accurate, less inflammatory, and less likely to hit the collective hunter gag reflex.
    I'm not going to take sides on whether to use SimC or FemaleDwarf because they exist for different purposes. The fact is that Femaledwarf.com is pretty much what introduced almost all up and coming hunters into the world of minmaxing their character. Zeharah has been doing this for years and plain and simple the UI of that site is absolutely beautiful and MUCH easier to switch gems/enchants/gear than SimC.

Let us please not bash Zeherah or her hard work though. It may be inaccurate (although barely) but she is doing this as a favor to us and I don't think it is farfetched to say her efforts over the past few years have made her the biggest contributor to the hunter community (the WHOLE community, not just the top of the pack.)

To me it sounds like you're bashing SimCraft to the EXACT same degree that I/whoever else is "bashing" FemaleDwarf, but you're making it seem to be SimCraft's fault that the hunter community apparently sucks, or something, an observation which lead into my finishing statement: I think you're just as biased towards FemaleDwarf as some are towards SimCraft, and that the only difference is that you are not as harsh with your words.

I use Simcraft... I use Femaledwarf... Both complement each other and help us better understand the theorycrafted goals. Simcraft has had flaws. FD has fundamental flaws.

The problem is that you see every thread as a soapbox to present a one way or no way argument. It's either Simcraft or FD. BM or SV. Etc. This is a recurring theme that you keep perpetuating here. It causes an environment just as caustic as the infraction system at EJ. Would you please stop?

You're telling me I am black/white about things (either-or, no grey zone, X is right, Y is wrong), yet:

1) I do not tell people not to use FemaleDwarf, unless FemaleDwarf makes a deliberate mistake. Since we can't know if OP made a mistake with the program, we can only assume FD is at fault and guide him to SimCraft (like I did).

2) I never told the OP of the other thread to go BM über alles, only that he would be gimping himself going SV, which is objectively true as I pointed out on a lot of pages in that thread.

Did I ever say that gimping yourself is bad? No, I told OP (very early on, too) that if he wanted to do the best DPS he could (which was obviously his goal to anyone who can read), he should go BM. That is, as far as I am concerned, objectively the correct answer to OP's question, and through 12 pages of arguing there was nobody who seemed to be able to knock that argument out of the water without throwing me their guild logs (I am beating BM hunters as SV look at thiiis!), which is like, wow, so anecdotal.

Sometimes it seems like I am the only one who is bothered about what the OP wants (these threads they are making at not even discussion thread, they want an answer to something) and responds correctly. Then everyone else gets mad about something I said but cannot actually tell me I'm wrong from an objective standpoint.

If OP wants to know what item he should upgrade (or whether he should upgrade that helm or not), which do y'all think is the best way to go about this.

1) Use FD, find it doesn't work for him, email/PM Zeherah, wait for response, wait for fix. Approx time taken 24+ hours, prolly more.
    2) Switch to SimCraft, use that to find out wtf he should do. Approx time taken 1 hour if you've never used SimCraft before, 5 minutes if you know your way around it.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-07-18 at 05:39 PM.

You blanket threads with dozens of contradictory statements. In some posts, you say one thing and it's usually inflammatory. In another you go softer or reverse a bit. You do later summaries that highlight the times you weren't a douche, and laud yourself as a master debater.

But let me ask you something.

If you go to a fruit vendor and ask him for an apple, and he throws three pieces of shit at you and one perfectly good apple, what do you think you'll take out of the encounter and remember? That the fruit vendor tossed you one good apple, or the fact that he threw three pieces of shit at you?

The fruit vendor can remember what he wants, honestly, it doesn't make what I'm saying any less true.

Not sure what you mean by reversing/softening, this was my first post in the BM-SV thread:

"BM will give you more DPS if you can play it about as well as SV, and it has recently become the most popular spec in SoO HC.
    You'd be gimping yourself going SV."

Then lots of discussion happened (where I continously made a point of not making SV seem any worse than it actually -is-), I can totally see how my first post was inflammatory, though. In that thread and in this (no, not really). TL;DR my point was clear very early in the thread and at no point did I "reverse" any statement that I made. "Soften up"? I guess? Why does that matter?

First post here is the same thing:

I think shit boils down to if FD is telling him that upgrading his helm will lose him DPS (unless he's making a mistake) there's something wrong and should use SimCraft.

So offensive indeed, especially towards Zeherah. The mere NOTION of using SimCraft over FD for this is shitting all over her work through many years.

Totally.

Deleted
    What about this quote? It is a sarcastic response that is a very snarky remark....
    Yes, let's wait for a couple of days/a week for Zeherah to see this, explain it and/or fix it instead of just using SimCraft to get the answer he was looking for (which is the usage scenario for 99% of people).

And I still stand by it and reissued the statement a few posts ago.

It's just sarcastic, there's nothing snarky about it.

Are you saying that it would take less than a couple of days for Zeherah to respond/fix the bug so OP can find out what he wants to know?

Deleted
    It's just sarcastic, there's nothing snarky about it.
    If it is a sarcastic reply, it is snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    What about this quote? It is a sarcastic response that is a very snarky remark....
    Omg someone used sarcasm on the internet let's ignore everything he is saying regardless of the fact that it is all 100% correct because I'm a carebare who starts crying whenever someone doesn't spoon feed me things I ask for and sit me down for a friendly chat whenever answering a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogz View Post
    FemaleDwarf is not useless.
    Tell me one situation where FD is recommended over SimCraft without using "it's fast and easy to use" as a reasoning because that doesn't count.
    Imagine actively maintaining something to help the hunter community for half a decade (since July 2009) and some random teenagers on the most trafficked hunter forums continually bash your work as "useless."
    Times change, things become outdated and become irrelevant. It's a simple fact that average based simulations or spreadsheets aren't relevant to current gameplay. Wrathcalcs is dead, Boomkins accepted that a few patches ago and stopped using it. So how about Hunters accept that FD is now useless and stop crying for the sake of crying.

The problem is that you see every thread as a soapbox to present a one way or no way argument. It's either Simcraft or FD. BM or SV. Etc. This is a recurring theme that you keep perpetuating here. It causes an environment just as caustic as the infraction system at EJ. Would you please stop?
    Because discussions based on maths generally only have 1 answer.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-07-18 at 07:13 PM.

testy or irritable; short.
    having a rudely critical tone or manner: snarky humor.

I am not buying that sarcasm is = snarky by default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Omg someone used sarcasm on the internet let's ignore everything he is saying regardless of the fact that it is all 100% correct because I'm a carebare who starts crying whenever someone doesn't spoon feed me things I ask for and sit me down for a friendly chat whenever answering a question.
    I don't wanna be a carebare

well said, I appreciate the FD effort.