View Poll Results: Grom's personality will be ruined?

Voters
181. This poll is closed
  • Yes, totally from what we already know

40 22.10%
  • Not sure, anything can happen, not big hopes

53 29.28%
  • No, somehow things will be eventually fine canon wise

12 6.63%
  • No, everything makes total sense

76 41.99%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Confused about the "Jaina's personality from WIII ruined", she was rightfully pissed about her city being destroyed? Why do I keep reading very strange threads from certain poster(s) who can't seem to comprehend that someone might possibly be upset about the loss of life from an entire kingdom?
    Until you realize she somehow survived and Rhonin did not, she got Dalaran out of the deal and suggested the very thing in Varian's ear that Wrathion was working for in MoP.

She could very easily fit the role of a major villian. If they push that angle, that would be the plot twist to top even 'who shot JR'. But no... Kerri- so sorry, Sylva... oh wait! JAINA will be another brooding moody revenge story on the rag as she turns queen bitch and goes psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    You're right in a way about Sylvannas, I guess I pick favorites. I remain steadfast in my opinion that Jaina's character transition is jarring and poorly written whereas Sylvannas becoming the Banshee Queen is a highlight of Warcraft writing.
    You can think what you want I suppose.

I don't see any evidence beyond "I like this" that Sylvanas was well written and Jaina was not. Sylvanas almost seemed like an afterthought to me. She becomes a generic Banshee after Arthas kills her, and then gets a unique model in Frozen Throne, along with her own side story to pad the mission count of the Undead campaign. And her side story wasn't anything special to write home about, it was pretty generic "we're killing those dudes and taking their land" stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Until you realize she somehow survived and Rhonin did not, she got Dalaran out of the deal and suggested the very thing in Varian's ear that Wrathion was working for in MoP.

She could very easily fit the role of a major villian. If they push that angle, that would be the plot twist to top even 'who shot JR'. But no... Kerri- so sorry, Sylva... oh wait! JAINA will be another brooding moody revenge story on the rag as she turns queen bitch and goes psycho.
    Jaina has already come to terms with her grief. Read War Crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Jaina has already come to terms with her grief. Read War Crimes.
    You mean one of the cop-out novels that take the place of storylines and content that should have been in-game in the first place? No thanks.

@Laurcus "Dismantle" the horde? Are you kidding me? Without any 'butchering'? That was a disaster waiting to happen and even the dullest lightbulb would know it would erupt into genocide after the blow the horde took during the insurrection Garrosh created. There was no proper way to execute whatever she had in mind, it would have just become a bloodbath.
    No, I'm not kidding you. Prove that her course of action would have resulted in a bloodbath/genocide.

What would you have supposed she would have done if she had things her way? What would the outcome have been?
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

You mean one of the cop-out novels that take the place of storylines and content that should have been in-game in the first place? No thanks.
    Well, fine, if you're determined to not learn, I can't really help you. Know this though, Jaina will not become another Sylvanas. That plot line was already closed in stuff that you don't care about. So, in short, you're wrong and I have evidence that you're wrong. It's your choice if you want to examine that evidence or not.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-07-18 at 01:05 AM.

War Crimes is worth your time if you're interested in Jaina, she is less of a doormat and seemingly regains her empathy. She actually gets into it with Varian for helping Baine. That being said there's no way of proving they'll actually be consistent with that.
    Last edited by Axaron; 2014-07-18 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly don't know how Grom was in Draenor Op, Rofl.

What would you have supposed she would have done if she had things her way? What would the outcome have been?
    The Orcs, possibly the Horde in general, would have been taken prisoner and put into internment camps until such a time that they had the necessary strength to free themselves. Short term, there would have been a short decisive battle, (this wouldn't have been bloodless on either side, but it also wouldn't have been genocide) ending with the surviving Horde members in chains. Long term, this would have ignited another generation of hatred and war, assuming the Burning Legion doesn't come in and clean house in the meantime.

Would it have been a good, just outcome? Fuck no. Warmongering though? Not really; just supremely shortsighted and more than a little on the evil side.

I'll let you 'think what you want' then. interesting ideas.

You might want to read War Crimes before saying Jaina´s personality is ruined , And for Grom , you dont even know what´s going to happen. So your poll makes no sense

I'll let you 'think what you want' then. interesting ideas.
    If you wish to keep discussing I'm all for it, don't hold back your thoughts for my sake. All I require to change my opinions is solid evidence, or at least a well supported hypothesis.

I'm out of gas and I started watching Game of Thrones for the first time last night and am doing episode 2 now, but I think you genuinely have some fun ideas about Warcraft lore.

I'm out of gas and I started watching Game of Thrones for the first time last night and am doing episode 2 now, but I think you genuinely have some fun ideas about Warcraft lore.
    Have fun with Game of Thrones, it's a fantastic series, especially season 3 and up. Maybe we'll talk Warcraft again in the future.

Deleted
    Where the hell do people get this weird idea that written characters are suddenly static and unchanging past a certain point and are no longer allowed to have a character arc? Are characters now no longer allowed to change?

Have fun with Game of Thrones, it's a fantastic series, especially season 3 and up. Maybe we'll talk Warcraft again in the future.
    Cheers, I would like that :] be well

Deleted
    You don't get to construct an argument based around your ignorance of established canonical developments and expect it to hold water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, fine, if you're determined to not learn, I can't really help you. Know this though, Jaina will not become another Sylvanas. That plot line was already closed in stuff that you don't care about. So, in short, you're wrong and I have evidence that you're wrong. It's your choice if you want to examine that evidence or not.
    I think you got me wrong. And honestly, I don't care. It's been done to death and if it doesn't happen again, yay! But it will. As far as this novel and your evidence, you can accuse me of ignorance if you like, but in my ignorant and old-fashioned ways I believe these things should happen in game. Its a game. There's lore about this game. If its a current event of sorts, it should be in game.

I grew up on the series, thanks to my brothers. I was five and playing WC2, eight when WC3 came out, and 11 when WoW was released. I'm all about the lore. The only thing I'm unhappy about with Grom so far is that he's a generic looking orc, he isn't his lean muscled self from WC3; that's what made him different, he did not look like the average orc. Also, he's missing his jaw tattoo.

I'll be honest with y'all, I had a massive goddamn crush on Grom when I was little. But instead of hugging him I wanted to kill bodies with him. So now that he's in WoW, I'm really excited because I may just get my wish.

I think you got me wrong. And honestly, I don't care. It's been done to death and if it doesn't happen again, yay! But it will. As far as this novel and your evidence, you can accuse me of ignorance if you like, but in my ignorant and old-fashioned ways I believe these things should happen in game. Its a game. There's lore about this game. If its a current event of sorts, it should be in game.
    That's a fine opinion to hold, but when something happens in those books, people are going to give you funny looks, (figuratively) when you ignore those events. I too wish more of the lore was in the game.

Like, if Jaina had died in War Crimes, (thankfully she didn't) and someone on the forums started ranting about how they want to see what happens next with her story in WoD, it's not unreasonable to tell that person that she won't be in WoD because she's already dead. That's kind of how I've seen our conversation, but less extreme. You were talking about past events that are essentially irrelevant now, because Jaina did a 180. It would require another 180 to make what you said about her true.