Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    That sort of happened when Sam became Cap in the Sentinel of Liberty, arc. Although it wasn't something he sought out. It was just a subplot to the greater story.
    I could even accept it as a subplot, something thrown out along with another half-dozen events. But as a main arc it would be garbage to read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I could even accept it as a subplot, something thrown out along with another half-dozen events. But as a main arc it would be garbage to read through.
    That sort of "in-your-face-ness" doesn't really happen much in comic books. Especially not in this day and age. The last time I recall anything even remotely close to that was Blue Marvel's mini. Which was a "What-if there was a neutral standing Black Superman type character, during the 60's?" story. And even that wasn't super "in-your-face". Heck, it was so well done and received that they actually made him a canon character.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-07-23 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    To me, The Green Lantern will always be the black dude from the Justice League Cartoon.

I can't stand anyone else.
    I like John Stewart (he's the black guy you're talking about) and Hal Jordan.

The others, to me, are just throw away.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    Door should swing both ways on this. I want White Panther ASAP. Or alternatively you can keep him Black Panther but he's now just a South African white guy.
    Being a black African is part of Black Panther's reason to be. Is Captain America Super White Man?

In fact, given black Americans are a race that is unique to America, there is arguably more reason for Captain America to be black than white. What wouldn't make sense is a Swedish Captain America.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-07-23 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    In fact, given black Americans are a race that is unique to America
    They're not.

Black Americans are the descendents of a few West-African ethnic groups.

Racially, they represent a subset of African blacks.

(Note that genetic diversity of African blacks is greater than that of people from all other continents combined, so the notion of any "black race" is stupid in the first place.)

I'm not so in to comics but the Thor one is confusing to me. The comic lore version is way different than the norse mythology version. In norse mythology, the dude was Thor. He like hammers, drinking, and crushing skulls with hammers. But in the comic, Thor is a title? ...And his name?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    In an attempt to clear up any lingering misconceptions allow me to elaborate upon my stance once again. The likes of Captain America have been swapped out in the past, that isn't something I'm denying. That doesn't change the fact that for the majority of time Captain America has been Steve Rodgers and so for many people that is how they picture him. It has absolutely nothing to do with racism - thinly veiled or otherwise.

I'm really not sure why people are fixating on his skin tone in an attempt to try and paint those who picture Captain America as Steve Rodgers as some sort of racist. Is it really so difficult to grasp the concept of personal preferences? If people find the new guy more intriguing, great - but that doesn't mean everybody has to like or accept that change.

Obviously Marvel are going ahead with this and so there's not much to be done about it but time will show us whether it'll be another temporary change or a more permanent thing.
    I've always been a fan of diversity but I strongly oppose it when it is seemingly added for no reason other than to cause controversy or completely replace something else. I won't pretend to be a huge fan of comics but I've always been fond of Captain America - largely due to how he has been designed.
    The part in bold is the most important part, "largely due to how he has been designed". If it was about Steve Rodgers would that statement be "largely due to how Steve Rodgers has been written"? You like the look and feel of white Captain America and that is okay but you don't have a leg to stand on saying that they are not picking the best character for his replacement. It is time for a mantle change and you can keep reading your old Captain America comics until they come back with cyborg Steve Rodgers Captain America in a year or so.