Page 3 of 361 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    The separatists receive gear and logistics from Russia, it's pretty fucking known.
    If they have, its been all the stuff that's too old and useless for the Russian military to use anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaskra View Post
    Their best known anti-air capability is a Strela-10, but its only a low-altitude system. Not capable of hitting the airline's altitude.
    Nope the Ukranian Rebels have captured a few of these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    NATO is going to be pissssssssed
    NATO has nothing to do with terrorist attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Rich, I'm going to buy you a ticket to Texas, so we can hang out - But it's on Malaysian Airline's - Will you still go?
    No, because even if the plane doesn't "disappear" I fear I may end up in your sex dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondzik View Post
    Seperatists have modern polish MANPADS delivered by Russians, captured in Georgia + http://www.tvc.ru/news/show/id/43517
    This was a plane that was shot down, not a helicopter.

Anyway, 295 people... RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Nope the Ukranian Rebels have captured a few of these.
    There have been no reports of Separatists capturing Buk systems.

Deleted
    Supposedly this is a Facebook post by one of the passengers before boarding.

''n case it disappears, this is what it looks like."

That is so fucked up..

God fucking damn it. What's with the Malaysian airlines....

RIP to the 295.... =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/ma...h-295-on-board

Shit is going to get real, if it was really shot down.

WW3 inc.. ;x
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Sounds like it's time for Obama to order some retaliatory bombing runs on Moscow. Regardless of whether this was Russian military or pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine, Putin is at least indirectly responsible, and he needs to pay.

Apparently its a shoulder fired rocket? "The shoulder-launched Russian-made BUK surface-to-air missile can be packed into a golf bag and assembled and fired very rapidly by one person with minimal training.
    Defence experts have expressed fears in the past they could be used to target at civil aircraft."

Deleted
    http://vk.com/strelkov_info?w=wall-57424472_7256 and I think that's it about who did it, separatists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is pretty horrible, but I am secretly hoping it turns out to be the missing plane from the disappearance that was shot down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Apparently its a shoulder fired rocket? "The shoulder-launched Russian-made BUK surface-to-air missile can be packed into a golf bag and assembled and fired very rapidly by one person with minimal training.
    Defence experts have expressed fears in the past they could be used to target at civil aircraft."
    Yes, the equivalent of american Stinger missles.

Deleted

''The Associated Press ‏@AP 2 min
    BREAKING: Ukraine president: `Armed Forces of Ukraine did not take action against any airborne targets'
    ''

Whoa, I was expecting this to be a joke.

If Russia did this, I can guarantee military intervention is on the table. If the Ukranian rebels, or military did this, it's just made this whole conflict a lot more complicated! Be an interesting few days as accusations and demands get thrown around now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post

im terrible with military tech and such, but could a shoulder launched missile reach the altitude that these airliners fly at?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

If Russia did this, I can guarantee military intervention is on the table. If the Ukranian rebels, or military did this, it's just made this whole conflict a lot more complicated! Be an interesting few days as accusations and demands get thrown around now.
    Regardless of whether it was the Russian military or the pro-Russian rebels, Russia is responsible for this (arming these rebels and effectively inciting the Ukranian conflict to begin with) and needs to pay the price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

Russia had no interest whatsoever in doing this. This is only going to make their covert military campaign in Ukraine very complicated. The separatists also had no direct interest either, as they have nothing to gain from and a lot to lose.

I'm suspecting the plane was confused by the separatists with a military plane OR it was some random separatist cunt with missle launcher thinking it would be fun to down an airplane.