Are sugar free sweets good for your teeth?

I got a question.

I just got back from the dentist and they said that i had over 6+ holes that could become cavities if I keep eating sugar.

However, I want to see if I can try sweets with no sugar in them and will NOT do anything to my teeth. I tried to Google my question but could not find any information about whether or not sugar-free sweets can be good for you.

Can sugar free sweets be good for your teeth? because I want to be by brownies with chocolate chips.

Deleted
    They won't be good, but they won't be as bad as sugar based sweets.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sugar substitutes generally taste vile in addition to bringing their own host of health issues. But cavity wise, they are better than natural sugar.

Deleted
    Good? No
    Better than their sugar counterparts? Absolutely

If you don't want cavities lay off the sugary sweets and juice/soda.

Also I have never heard of brownies or chocolate chip cookies without sugar, do they really exist?

I generally don't eat much sugar at all, but even things like 100% natural fresh juice is terrible for your teeth. Generally anything that tastes sweet is probably not great for your teeth natural or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Sugar substitutes generally taste vile in addition to bringing their own host of health issues. But cavity wise, they are better than natural sugar.
    Haribo sugar-free gummy bears are great for the colon.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I..

I don't even want to know. D=

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post

Much NSFW, terrible, don't watch if you heavily dislike shitting or watching people suffering from unimaginable godlike gastric distress.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post

Much NSFW, terrible, don't watch if you heavily dislike shitting or watching people suffering from unimaginable godlike gastric distress.

All you really need is the first second with the warning message ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I..

I don't even want to know. D=
    check amazon.com for the haribo sugar-free gummy bears .

OT: Sugar alcohols are a type of sugar substitute that oral bacteria cannot metabolize. No bacterial metabolism means no acid production which means no dental caries. Mind you, this is only cutting back on the formation of dental caries via bacterial metabolism from strictly sugar, not from other means. Proper dental hygiene, flossing regularly and often, brushing your teeth, fluoride treatments (in whatever form) are still crucial. It should be mentioned that eating any sugar substitute in large quantities is not good for your health (for comical examples and hyperboles, see the aforementioned amazon search).

HAHAHA
    I've read about those, never in a million years would I actually try them, Though I have thought about buying a bag to put out at work for my coworkers to "enjoy"...
    XD

That video was beautiful though.

Deleted
    If they are sweetened with Xylitol, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    HAHAHA
    I've read about those, never in a million years would I actually try them, Though I have thought about buying a bag to put out at work for my coworkers to "enjoy"...
    XD

That video was beautiful though.
    13:00 is what the end of the world is going to sound like
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

13:00 is what the end of the world is going to sound like
    hahaha
    Yeah... XD
    I can just imagine we open the store and all our employees except me are attached to the toilet... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stick with sugar, just watch how much of it you eat. Whatever you do, don't rinse water around your mouth after eating something sugary as it won't remove very much and it'll just spread it around your mouth better into all cracks and crevices where it'll do more damage. When drinking a fizzy drink just use a straw and put it a bit further into your mouth so it doesn't make contact with your teeth (if you're really worried). You'll be fine, as is the answer to every single diet question "everything in moderation".

Get some enamel strengthening mouthwash too as this will help prevent further damage in other areas. It won't reverse it or fix stuff already on the way but it'll slow stuff down. Honestly all that sugar free stuff... yeah don't bother, it tastes awful. Only use that if you really can't control yourself.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    If they are sweetened with Xylitol, then yes.
    FYI, Xylitol is harmful to dogs.

Diet soda is REALLY bad for your teeth, do not drink it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    FYI, Xylitol is harmful to dogs.
    I'm not sure OP is a dog. You wouldn't feed a dog these kinds of things anyway because they invariably contain chocolate, which I think it's the theobromine that is toxic to dogs anyway.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm not sure OP is a dog. You wouldn't feed a dog these kinds of things anyway because they invariably contain chocolate, which I think it's the theobromine that is toxic to dogs anyway.
    Intentionally no, but, given that randomly seeming things (onions, grapes, xylitol) are toxic to dogs, its nice to know. And not everything containing xylitol contains chocolate.

It is the theobromine, which, ironically, is not nearly as toxic to dogs (it is, enough will kill them) as people think. Enough theobromine will kill humans too, just takes a greater amount per pound due to how we metabolize it vs how dogs do. Its also a weight-based thing, the majority of humans are greatly larger than dogs, so again, less of a concern. The argument could be made that enough of anything could kill a dog or human, but people tend to freak out over a very small amount of chocolate consumption by dogs, reality is they have to eat a sizeable amount before they'll even have symptoms, let alone death.

Fun little website a vet friend of ours showed us: http://www.petmd.com/dog/chocolate-toxicity
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2014-07-17 at 10:43 PM.