At High ilvl wich frost is the best?

Hey
    So i'm wondering at around 572+ how close are 2h and dual weild To each other? Is one better then the other?
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2014-07-18 at 09:10 PM.

Out of the two Frost subpsecs, DW Frost categorically pulls ahead of 2H at the 572+ ilevel you described. Furthermore, Unholy arguably pulls ahead of DW at about the same ilevel.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Out of the two Frost subpsecs, DW Frost categorically pulls ahead of 2H at the 572+ ilevel you described. Furthermore, Unholy arguably pulls ahead of DW at about the same ilevel.
    Well if i were to choose i'd be frost 2h forever, but got some nice 1handers in HC todai (My 2hander is warforged normal) So thinking maby i should try out dual

Don't be fooled by unholy though being better as people are saying, yes it is but DPS wise but personally in a 10man HC raid i am finding DW frost actually helps my raid more (Upfront burst on demand). It does less DPS but its not a huge amount.

Just swapped from 25man raiding to 10 due to end of expan slackoff, if you are in 25man just stick unholy tbh or even if your 10man team has allot of bursty DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Don't be fooled by unholy though being better as people are saying, yes it is but DPS wise but personally in a 10man HC raid i am finding DW frost actually helps my raid more (Upfront burst on demand). It does less DPS but its not a huge amount.

Just swapped from 25man raiding to 10 due to end of expan slackoff, if you are in 25man just stick unholy tbh or even if your 10man team has allot of bursty DPS.
    Don't be fooled by the necessity of needing burst dps in 10m heroic. With the amount of average ilvl your raid should have, it shouldn't be necessary at this late in the tier. From personal experience there is only two fights where I need to swap back to DW frost for the benefit of the raid. That's for controlling crawler mines on H: Siegecrafter and the first intermission on H: Garrosh.

Every other fight unholy is completely fine, if not better.

2h frost is about on par with arms warriors on single target, and I can't think of a worse spec for AOE/cleave.

Shouldn't need to say any more.

I think the DW is better since they're both about the same single target but DW does more cleave dmg without sacrificing single target dps to do it.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

I've played both (and unholy) and can say pretty confidently in my experience that DW frost is the all-around best choice. Burst aoe is so valuable in a lot of the encounters and DW excels in that area, and it's actually higher single target than 2h frost too. Unholy is indeed higher dps at the very high end up iLvls, but its more challenging to play, and isn't great on fights that require quickly killing adds. Plus side to UH is you'll never get assigned to belts on Blackfuse :-P