Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

I was almost mugged by an ex-convict.

I stopped by a gas station on my way home from work (at about midnight) and while I was filling my tank up, a rather suspicious looking man approached me. I immediately was defensive, but I wasn't too concerned as there were a few other people outside and the area was well lit. When he got to where I was, he started begging me for money, so I half-jokingly said "I work for an amusement park, I don't have any money," hoping to alleviate the tension and make him go away.

The shady looking man then took a few steps toward me and yelled "oh yeah, well I just got out prison!" I instinctively grabbed my knife and was about ready to defend myselfand call for help. Luckily he backed off and before I left, I saw him harassing other customers at the gas station for money. In retrospect, I probably should have called the police when I saw him harassing other people, but I was just glad to get out of the situation.

The real question is, how did someone like this get let out of prison to begin with? While I understand the arguments for making the prison system soft (like many European countries have), as a means of promoting rehabilitation, but we'll save that discussion for another thread. Why would the state release someone who, despite having "done their time," is still a threat to society? Why not have an extremely strict vetting process involved to permanently prevent trash like this from ever being released (unless it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they have been reformed)?
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2014-07-19 at 01:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    The shady looking man then yelled "oh yeah, well I just got out prison!" I instinctively grabbed my knife and was about ready to kill him (in self-defense, of course) and call for help.
    What are you fucking insane?
    The real question is, how did someone like this get let out of prison to begin with? While I understand the arguments for making the prison system soft (like many European countries have), as a means of promoting rehabilitation, but we'll save that discussion for another thread.
    He was begging for money, you were ready to stab him to death. Who should be in prison?

Why would the state release someone who, despite having "done their time," is still a threat to society? Why not have an extremely strict vetting process involved to permanently prevent trash like this from ever being released (unless it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they have been reformed)?
    You are a threat to society. Leave that knife home next time you step outside your door.

Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Yeah, there's a difference between mugging and begging.

And then there's dangerous paranoia and viewing people who have been to prison as sub-human and completely disposable. Which is psychopathic.

Deleted
    (snip)
    Seriously... what the hell is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

He was begging for money, you were ready to stab him to death. Who should be in prison?

You are a threat to society. Leave that knife home next time you step outside your door.

Unbelievable.
    I second this.

Get yourself examined, you should not be a part of society.
    Carrying a knife around is definitely not a good idea either.
    Where do you live, texas?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you almost jumped at the chance at killing someone because he just got out of prison and didn't have any money. I can see taking a defensive stance while he was talking to you, but to try and kill him? You made a joke about not having money and he took offense to it. Probably because the only thing he had was what was on him. And you should have called the police any way after the incident.

Not everyone has a job waiting for them when they get out of prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Unbelievable.
    He yelled at me in a threatening manner and was only a couple of feet away. I'm not the one who violated the law and is trying to mug people at gas stations.

Deleted
    So you pulled a knife on a beggar? How the fuck did he "almost mug you"?

Almost an interesting story.

I stopped by a gas station on my way home from work (at about midnight) and while I was filling my tank up, a rather suspicious looking man approached me. I immediately was defensive, but I wasn't too concerned as there were a few other people outside and the area was well lit. When he got to where I was, he started begging me for money, so I half-jokingly said "I work for an amusement park, I don't have any money," hoping to alleviate the tension and make him go away.

The shady looking man then yelled "oh yeah, well I just got out prison!" I instinctively grabbed my knife and was about ready to kill him (in self-defense, of course) and call for help. Luckily he backed off and before I left, I saw him harassing other customers at the gas station for money. In retrospect, I probably should have called the police when I saw him harassing other people, but I was just glad to get out of the situation.

The real question is, how did someone like this get let out of prison to begin with? While I understand the arguments for making the prison system soft (like many European countries have), as a means of promoting rehabilitation, but we'll save that discussion for another thread. Why would the state release someone who, despite having "done their time," is still a threat to society? Why not have an extremely strict vetting process involved to permanently prevent trash like this from ever being released (unless it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they have been reformed)?
    From that i would say i would be more scared by you than him.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    So you pulled a knife on a beggar? How the fuck did he "almost mug you"?
    With his mind powers and eyebrow gymnastics.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Pretty much. OP you're a nut. Don't leave your house unles you have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'm not sure why the OP posted here?

Well done, in one post you've managed to ruin your reputation on this website and show just how f**ked your mind state is. He was begging and you pulled a knife out. I agree with everyone else, people should fear you and not the other dude.

I vote for this to be closed.

Deleted
    He yelled at me in a threatening manner and was only a couple of feet away. I'm not the one who violated the law and is trying to mug people at gas stations.
    By no means does "he yelled at me in a threatening manner" justify stabbing someone to death (in self-defense). What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I second this.

Get yourself examined, you should not be a part of society.
    Carrying a knife around is definitely not a good idea either.
    Where do you live, texas?
    If he lived in Texas he would be carrying a gun. If I lived in a major US city and went out after dark, I would be suspicious of any unusual behavior as well.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_light_uk View Post

Well done, in one post you've managed to ruin your reputation on this website and show just how f**ked your mind state is. He was begging and you pulled a knife out. I agree with everyone else, people should fear you and not the other dude.

Ruined his reputation in one post? You must be new here.

OT: Glad you've survived your harrowing ordeal, perhaps you should go around stabbing ex-cons to make the world a safer place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    By no means does "he yelled at me in a threatening manner" justify stabbing someone to death (in self-defense). What the...?
    Only if he attacked me first. I would never hurt someone for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have some money?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_light_uk View Post

He never pulled the knife out. Why would he care about his imagined forum reputation?
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Can I have some money?
    Whoa now! Don't make me pull my knife out on you you hooligan!