Thread: Time

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulla View Post
    I'd prefer it if everytime you go into the 'I must choose', you get 10 seconds less on the next turn. If you keep doing it over and over you'll end up with less and less decision time. This would still allow ppl to take those critical 1 or 2 turns to think out, but prevent the guys who take every single turn to the wire.
    Agreed. I've met a few players that wait, and wait, and wait, and when they enter the fuse period, they play their cards fast then do it again. While it doesn't work to anger me or make me do bad moves(I have beaten most such players), it is annoying as hell to wait the max time every single turn just because they can and want to troll you.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Are you just posting with the intent of getting infractions? If not, consider using other language next time, because I'm pretty sure advicing people to go hurt themselves is frowned upon. Taking all the time you can get isn't even close to the amount of griefing that goes into playing miracle/freeze/zoo decks. Shortening the timers doesn't improve the game for others, it just means the ones playing mindless cheese can farm their gold and portraits even faster. I have no desire to see that happening.
    Unless of course Nozdormu mode doesn't grant any EXP, Gold or Wins toward the ones who play it.
    Just because you take the full turn to process the best move it doesn't mean that everybody else does, some of us think faster and hence want a quicker paced game. Miacle/freeze/zoo decks aren't "griefing", they're just simply imbalanced at the moment. Waiting the full 90 seconds just to piss the opponent off is griefing,there is a very large difference and what you're doing is just petty, immature, and should be banned. I find the people playing those decks tend to be the ones that stall anyway.

The Hearthstone player-base is diverse, you have people of all ages and mental aptitudes, having an additional mode to accommodate people that want to actually play the game and not spend forever waiting for the other player would only benefit the game. By your reasoning, people who take part in the normal Olympics should only be allowed to take part in the special Olympics because there are people fit only for the special Olympics, so everyone should be forced to play with the handicap despite being in a skill level above those with disabilities. Besides, what does it matter if other people get gold/wins playing at a pace faster than you? Sounds like you're jealous that you just aren't quick enough and so you want everybody to play down at your level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    Just because you take the full turn to process the best move it doesn't mean that everybody else does, some of us think faster and hence want a quicker paced game. Miacle/freeze/zoo decks aren't "griefing", they're just simply imbalanced at the moment. Waiting the full 90 seconds just to piss the opponent off is griefing,there is a very large difference and what you're doing is just petty, immature, and should be banned. I find the people playing those decks tend to be the ones that stall anyway.

The Hearthstone player-base is diverse, you have people of all ages and mental aptitudes, having an additional mode to accommodate people that want to actually play the game and not spend forever waiting for the other player would only benefit the game. By your reasoning, people who take part in the normal Olympics should only be allowed to take part in the special Olympics because there are people fit only for the special Olympics, so everyone should be forced to play with the handicap despite being in a skill level above those with disabilities. Besides, what does it matter if other people get gold/wins playing at a pace faster than you? Sounds like you're jealous that you just aren't quick enough and so you want everybody to play down at your level.
    I tend to think quick enough most of the time just fine, thank you very much. I just don't want others to farm faster out of spite and because it would invalidate playing the normal mode unless you play control. Dividing it into a zoo/aggro queue and a midgame/control queue is not good for the game.
    As for the other point, playing an imbalanced deck while knowing full well it is, is the worst kind of griefing and no amount of wait time will ever be big enough to spoil their pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I tend to think quick enough most of the time just fine, thank you very much. I just don't want others to farm faster out of spite and because it would invalidate playing the normal mode unless you play control. Dividing it into a zoo/aggro queue and a midgame/control queue is not good for the game.
    As for the other point, playing an imbalanced deck while knowing full well it is, is the worst kind of griefing and no amount of wait time will ever be big enough to spoil their pleasure.
    So your argument for why there shouldn't be an optional game mode with a shorter turn timer is spite? That's fair and logical /sarc.

I play control warrior/ramp druid, and I would take a 15 second max turn timer over 90 second any day; maybe you aren't as quick as you think you are. Besides, since you hate playing against zoo/aggro so much, wouldn't your posited outcome be in your favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Nah, the timer is fine. It is 90 seconds and if that is too long to wait for some, then they just need to grow up a bit.
    Played against a rogue that waited until the end of the timer EVERY SINGLE TURN - the match lasted half an hour.

It was ridiculous. He was a golden hero. Knew what he was doing. I couldn't stop him. I tried to do the same, but got bored after 3 turns of waiting until the timer was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    I never tried to compare the time in decision making, I just questioned what some people in this topic would do playing that if they can't stand waiting at most 90 seconds.
    Well yes, thats a comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I take my time when I'm thinking (it's hard, okay!?), I don't mind my opponent taking his time. Maybe if, paraphrasing previous suggestions, round timers are lowered to 60 sec (or something), and if you're really fast you can save that extra time for those oh-shit turns. Voila. Or anything below 20 sec and you can save up to 20 sec. If your turn takes 15 sec = you bank 5 sec that will be eaten up once a round takes longer than 60 (or something).

But sometimes you can sort of feel when it's done to prove a point. But it's more of an occurrence when I just happen to play his counter deck and because of that he dislikes everyone playing that deck and does everything he can to make their game experience as sour as possible. Hands up, who here gets happy seeing their counter third time in a row when trying to do your daily? I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I'm not a happy horse when that happens.
    I agree with this. You can see when they are looking at different cards, it highlights them. You can see when they hover over their hero powers, end turn button, or hero button. 90% of the time when I play against someone who takes almost maximum turn allowance, even on turn 1, guess what? Nothing is being highlighted. I guess reddit and tumblr are more important. Maybe if they don;t have time, they shouldn't play.

I wouldn't mind if people were using up all that time actually thinking about what they're doing but I can say that with 100% certainty that they are just scratching their butt and sniffing their fingers because they forgot to hit the end turn button.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    I wouldn't mind if people were using up all that time actually thinking about what they're doing but I can say that with 100% certainty that they are just scratching their butt and sniffing their fingers because they forgot to hit the end turn button.
    Just imagine if Arenas, BGs, or LFRs were the same way, where we had to wait for every person to be "ready".. with a two minute timer. I don't think people would like just sitting in FW SP caves waiting for all 80 players to finally click "ready."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    I'm pretty sure taking a full 90 seconds to go over all the possibilities would make you the slow one... it's a simple simple game. Why such resistance to the idea of a faster paced game mode; it wouldn't effect you in anyway so the only explanation is that it would hurt your ego.
    If someone is hurting here, it sounds like it is your butt, and not my ego. I've already given you the reason why I don't think such a mode should be added, and like someone else said, I would definitely prefer the devs use their time on something more useful. If that upsets you, then it is your ego that is the problem, not mine.

If someone is hurting here, it sounds like it is your butt, and not my ego. I've already given you the reason why I don't think such a mode should be added, and like someone else said, I would definitely prefer the devs use their time on something more useful. If that upsets you, then it is your ego that is the problem, not mine.
    If you don't wanna use that mode, then don't. I doubt it would take much development time to lower the timer. But good try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If you don't wanna use that mode, then don't. I doubt it would take much development time to lower the timer. But good try.
    Adding a completely separate mode to the game, with a lower timer, yes, would take a lot more resources than just tweaking one or two variables. But good try.

Adding a completely separate mode to the game, with a lower timer, yes, would take a lot more resources than just tweaking one or two variables. But good try.
    No, I don't think it would take long for a company like Blizzard to add another button/queue/timer. Thats all they would need to change. But yeah, good try. I can't repeat this enough if you don't like it, don't use it.

Deleted
    If you think the timer is too long you've clearly never played miracle rogue, I hit the timer at least once a game. Sometimes there is a lot to think about and calculate and premeditate.

Saying that though, I never purposefully take longer than I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    It only works if the opponent also didn't play any card during his turn, other than the fuse actually reaching the end.

But seriously, you guys are playing a turn based game and can't stand your opponent turn lasting 90 seconds. I wonder what you'd do playing civ5 where turns can last 10+ minutes.
    In the early game that is quite a tedious wait. It takes me like 10-20 seconds to weigh up my cards, his cards, the board, likely counters etc. And a lot of the time there is only 1-2 cards that could possibly be played. Hearthstone is fairly fast-paced vs. a game like Civ.

Which I only ever play against the AI because to hell with waiting that long lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    If you think the timer is too long you've clearly never played miracle rogue, I hit the timer at least once a game. Sometimes there is a lot to think about and calculate and premeditate.
    No pun intended?

Miracle Rogue is something of an exception as they have a ridiculous number of low cost cards and once an Auctioneer combo begins they can just about play their entire deck. But I maintain that before round 6 or so, even Miracle Rogues don't need that much time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    No, I don't think it would take long for a company like Blizzard to add another button/queue/timer.
    I love it when people say this, as if Blizzard had found some magical 8-ball that somehow made developers do more with less work, and less time, and with lower expense.

I can't repeat this enough if you don't like it, don't use it.
    Feel free to keep saying it if you think it'll make a difference

I love it when people say this, as if Blizzard had found some magical 8-ball that somehow made developers do more with less work, and less time, and with lower expense.

Feel free to keep saying it if you think it'll make a difference
    I will. Because you have no real reason to object, besides "I don't like it! HMPH!" Its actually super selfish. But yeah, Blizzard will add it if they think people will use it. Its like in COD, they added a mode to lower the timer between lobbies, because people just want to spam some deathmatch games. None of you have come up with a great reason against this. It would be like me being against LFR. If I don't want to use LFR, I don't have to. But to pretend like LFR shouldn't exist is just plain dumb and selfish.

And yes, I'm very sure Blizzard could do this quickly.

If there is a baby Nozdormu for 4 mana I'd definitely put it into every deck I have

Deleted
    I have to say, this conversation blows me away

But to pretend like LFR shouldn't exist is just plain dumb and selfish.
    No, it is actually kind of smart and practical. Furthermore, just because my opinion opposes yourself, doesn't make it selfish. Might suck for you, but it is not selfish.

I have to say, this conversation blows me away

No, it is actually kind of smart and practical. Furthermore, just because my opinion opposes yourself, doesn't make it selfish. Might suck for you, but it is not selfish.
    Except they aren't mutually exclusive. You're both opposing me and being selfish.

self·ish
    ˈselfiSH/Submit
    adjective
    (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
    You don't really give a shit about others. LFR and a quick timer mode would likely be used by people without effecting others that much. Having this mode would in no way, shape or form hurt you. You can continue to play with 90 second timers and take that full 90 seconds every turn, even on turn 1 for all I care.

If I were trying to lower the standard timer for all game types, then it might be reasonable to be against that, but since this wouldn't really effect you.. and it wouldn't take a considerable amount of time...

With both LFR and "speed HS" in mind; If you don;t like it, don't play it.

Deleted
    Except they aren't mutually exclusive.
    I never said they were, but still doesn't make me selfish. No matter how many times you say it. Despite the common misconception, saying it doesn't make it so.

You don't really give a shit about others.
    Actually, there are a lot of people that I care very deeply for. Any other made up bundles of wisdom you want to share about people you don't know?