Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just give the tier 1 towers backdoor protection and we're good I think, doesn't matter for a solid push and lets waveclearers easily deny a one hero push.

Lycan's W should only affect his wolves, give it a duration increase and he should be alright. The ultimate could probably use an attack speed nerf or a cooldown increase, but overall it's too core to the hero. You can also go straight for the hero and give him a solid strength gain nerf. Chop it down from 2,75 to 1,75 or something. Make him more squishy and hit like a kitten.
    Nature's Prophet's treants could get a HP nerf to make them more squishy and not viable for tanking the towers for more than a couple of hits.

I don't think this would break split- pushing or completely defeat the early push strats. But it would make them more easily manageable.

Deleted
    I just hope naga won't get nerfed

Thinking outside of changing heroes at all, I think tier 2 towers could perhaps use a small-ish armor increase. I don't think you can use the finals as an indication of something being wrong with 'meta' because it was pretty much just all about one team gaining a huge lead through rotations and using the momentum to end the game, each game pretty much ended with losing team being severely outplayed and outdrafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how many heroes really need a nerf but i would shit my pants if they dont nerf blink from its current form. Its something i get almost every match, and it was such a common theme in TI, "oh he cant fight until he farms blink". They really have to nerf the item its just too core on so many heroes now.

Interview with Ice3x after T4 final

Journalist- "What do you you think about finals Ice3x?"
    Ice3x - "Icefrog has a lot of patching to do"

Hahha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGcukX4QiO8#t=122

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I dont know how many heroes really need a nerf but i would shit my pants if they dont nerf blink from its current form. Its something i get almost every match, and it was such a common theme in TI, "oh he cant fight until he farms blink". They really have to nerf the item its just too core on so many heroes now.
    But nerfing blink dagger to 6.79 would instantly remove a lot of heroes from the meta again.

Blink is fun, I hope nothing is done about it.

Blink could use a minor CD increase, 2-3 seconds or so. Most heroes don't need nerfs; Lycan should probably stop being able to buff nec3 because it's a little too easy for him to take down buildings without even using his hero. I still wouldn't mind a Void rework, honestly what I'd do to fix the hero is make Chrono centered on him at all times.

Deleted
    Ok, so here is what I struggle to understand: Blink has been in the game for a long time and the only major change in recent times was the mana cost which made more heroes viable. Without that buff you wouldn't see some heroes. Now, what I ask you is, which heroes do you feel that didn't go Blink before the buff became OP now after the buff? Which heroes do you feel forced to go Blink on that you didn't do before the buff? People still went Blink on heroes like, Tide, SK, Rhasta before the buff.

I also don't see how you go Blink every match unless you specifically play heroes that are good with Blink. Many, many heroes don't buy Blink.

The mana cost is kind of the point, though. In the past Sven could blink in, Storm Bolt, God Strength, and he's out of mana and has to win the fight or die. Now he can walk around a tree and blink away with 10 mana. I don't think the mana cost change should be reverted, but given the increased ability of people to go into a fight with blink and then leave it as well, a slightly longer cooldown could be in order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The mana cost is kind of the point, though. In the past Sven could blink in, Storm Bolt, God Strength, and he's out of mana and has to win the fight or die. Now he can walk around a tree and blink away with 10 mana. I don't think the mana cost change should be reverted, but given the increased ability of people to go into a fight with blink and then leave it as well, a slightly longer cooldown could be in order.
    But did Sven become OP because of it? Did the buff change when a Sven buys Dagger? It still serves the same purpose. Same with Sand King. He would still go Dagger even with the mana cost. The only thing it changes is that heroes like SK can do more in a game. As long as they aren't OP, why does Dagger need a nerf? SK went from never being picked to being picked because he can have an impact early. Tide also saw some use even before Anchor buff due to the dagger change. I can't think of one hero that became much more OP because of the buff that it would warrant a nerf on the item.

You are most likely also not leaving a fight with Blink unless you already won the fight or decided to retreat and you're already safe.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-23 at 01:47 AM.

Well SK already went arcanes/other caster items usually. It's the low mana heroes that got a lot stronger because of the change, particularly heroes like Centaur that doubled or tripled their "lifetime" effectiveness outside the fountain. Did anyone become "OP?" Remains to be seen, probably not, the item is still a 2150g sink. But is anything truly "OP" anymore in this game? Things don't have to be totally broken to be brought back in line with the rest of the game. Wolf isn't OP but he still needs nerfs.

Deleted
    Well SK already went arcanes/other caster items usually. It's the low mana heroes that got a lot stronger because of the change, particularly heroes like Centaur that doubled or tripled their "lifetime" effectiveness outside the fountain. Did anyone become "OP?" Remains to be seen, probably not, the item is still a 2150g sink. But is anything truly "OP" anymore in this game? Things don't have to be totally broken to be brought back in line with the rest of the game. Wolf isn't OP but he still needs nerfs.
    SKs usually rush Blink nowadays with some efficient jungling. It allows for a 8-11 min Blink timing. Much earlier than before when Arcanes were pretty much mandatory before Blink. Centaur did indeed become much stronger. However, he was almost useless before because without a Blink Dagger he can't do the quick engages with high burst. Heroes like Centaur would fall off completely. I just think Blink is fine. Not too many heroes have to build it and it allows some heroes to actually do something.

I think Lycan might be OP. Not 100% sure but I just feel his ability to Roshan and push is way too strong currently with the way the game is played. To be able to Roshan as soon as you win a fight or sneak it if you're Dire is too strong for competitive games.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-23 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Buff Crystal Maiden indeed. Make her ult a fire and forget, like Gyro's, and reduce the mana cost. That would bring her in line with a lot of other superior supports like AA, Rhasta, Lion, Dazzle, etc. who get to cast their other spells alongside the ult.
    Imagine it being used with refresher. *Drool*. But seriously, no, she doesn't need her ult to be changed. At least this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Thinking outside of changing heroes at all, I think tier 2 towers could perhaps use a small-ish armor increase. I don't think you can use the finals as an indication of something being wrong with 'meta' because it was pretty much just all about one team gaining a huge lead through rotations and using the momentum to end the game, each game pretty much ended with losing team being severely outplayed and outdrafted.
    IMO impact that Deso and AC has on towers should be reduced

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Ok, so here is what I struggle to understand: Blink has been in the game for a long time and the only major change in recent times was the mana cost which made more heroes viable. Without that buff you wouldn't see some heroes. Now, what I ask you is, which heroes do you feel that didn't go Blink before the buff became OP now after the buff? Which heroes do you feel forced to go Blink on that you didn't do before the buff? People still went Blink on heroes like, Tide, SK, Rhasta before the buff.

I also don't see how you go Blink every match unless you specifically play heroes that are good with Blink. Many, many heroes don't buy Blink.
    Slardar?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Centaur received some mana cost nerfs after blink dagger buff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I see literally no reason to nerf a hero like Rhasta just because he got popular.
    Rhasta dies to often, price he pays for having those abilities, that he does. He is really, really easy to kill early game, and that's where he does most damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Slardar?
    What about him? You still went Blink on him if you needed that initiation.

Deleted
    Still don't know why 5 man deathball push isn't considered OP but whatever.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Still don't know why 5 man deathball push isn't considered OP but whatever.
    Because it is easily crushed by early fighting heroes. Heroes that can take a punch and give two in return without a ton of items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    What about him? You still went Blink on him if you needed that initiation.
    When he had mana cost on sprint and blink, it was poor choice to go for blink, now it's a no brainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Also lycan don't need nerf even with 100% first pick/ban while invoker had to get nerfed 10 times while he was permabanned/picked. /sarcasm.