Profession benefits

Even though professions are losing their combat benefits, are they still keeping their helpful perks? i.e.: Longer raid flask time, reduced cost for piece enchants(scribe shoulders, LW legs, ext)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boxezbox View Post
    Even though professions are losing their combat benefits, are they still keeping their helpful perks? i.e.: Longer raid flask time, reduced cost for piece enchants(scribe shoulders, LW legs, ext)?
    There's some disagreement on the longer raid flask time. I think that's going away (because it's part of the Mixology combat perk for Alchemist) but others don't think it will.

The issue regarding profession is accessibility as having the profession gives easier access compared to the alternatives (either AH or garrison building). Granted this is after you finish leveling said profession to 700 in WoD.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Granted speculation because most professions aren't fully implemented on Beta yet, but most likely the only benefit you will see from crafting professions lowered costs on some personal use items, like how Tailors and Scribes can enchant legs and shoulders, respectively, for fraction of the cost of everyone else.

Gathering professions will obviously have a higher amount of raw materials over the people who just use their Garrison. Garrison Mine for instance lets non-miners gather ore, but only in the mine itself, and through work orders. If you want more that what your garrison can produce then you have to have the profession though.

I don't think that they would remove much other than combat stats like longer flasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been waiting for a blog explaining details of professions in WoD for quite a while now. I'm expecting bad news and hoping for great news.

I hope they change their mind on profession perks. I loved that aspect when leveling alts with gathering profs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Profession perks are too much fun to get rid of. It brings in much more customization of a character. I am strongly against the idea of dropping the combat perks, sure hope they don't go through with this. Engineering toys are going to be accesable to everyone now? Totally destroy's even having it. I hope some of this is misinformation.

no misinformation: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/#professions
    Some of our goals with Professions in Warlords of Draenor are to make them more of a personal choice, and less of a mandatory “min/max” selection. To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    This quote, specifically the bolded section, suggests, to me, that they will only be removing things like synapse springs, tailor's cloak enchants, blacksmithing's unique sockets, jc's unique gems, etc... but that's it, all other aspects of the professions will remain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    This quote, specifically the bolded section, suggests, to me, that they will only be removing things like synapse springs, tailor's cloak enchants, blacksmithing's unique sockets, jc's unique gems, etc... but that's it, all other aspects of the professions will remain.
    Not quite. Enchanter's ring enchants are now available to all whereas BS sockets are removed. Engineering is getting a few options to make their eng-only toys available to non-eng classes (i.e. loot-a-rang, glider, etc.). Originally, speculation was that non-combat tinkers (aka rocket boots) were also going to be made available to non-eng but a blue tweet made that clear it won't be the case, but now speculation is that rocket boots shared CD with DPS potions so it's a significant trade off.

On the other side of things, LW, BS, JC and Tailoring now can make up to ilv 655 gear through crafting item upgrades. Also there's a secondary stat reroller so that should help a bit in terms of getting an item with the poorer secondary stats.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I still hope they don't remove combat bonuses because it's the only reason for me to have professions. I would rather see racials go and I honestly don't understand why they intend to keep racials and remove profession bonuses.

Why should racials go? Its an RPG, choices shouldnt be cosmetic only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impoxh View Post
    I still hope they don't remove combat bonuses because it's the only reason for me to have professions. I would rather see racials go and I honestly don't understand why they intend to keep racials and remove profession bonuses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some of our goals with Professions in Warlords of Draenor are to make them more of a personal choice, and less of a mandatory “min/max” selection. To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions. Additionally, we've made it easier to level Mining and Herbalism. Healing Potions have gone mostly unused lately, compared to combat stat potions. We chose to solve that problem, along with a problem with Warlock utility, by having Healing Potions and Healthstones share cooldowns.
    Source, Bold emphasis added.

Seems pretty clear to me that combat bonuses are going to be gone. Sorry to burst your bubble

Additionally racial stat bonuses in WoD seem to be fairly balanced with a few exceptions. Several races "share" similar racial bonuses and the few outliers are relatively different to be unique.

Now racial abilities are a different matter.
    ---