About to switch from a +1 system for our raiding guild to a modified Loot Council type.

For our raid group we are missing A LOT of classes, Till recently we had no B rezzes or spell haste, some of our main raiders have switched from their 2 warriors, to a ele sham and DK. And we have been gearing them through normals.
The only issue I saw with giving them gear after a bit was... example.

Player A has full 553's, they raided every single night with us. They have not got a upgrade in quiet a few weeks.
Player B switched their main to a new class, and they are in half 553's, they have been getting upgrades a few times a night.
Player A has had their eye on a trinket, so has Player B.
Boss drops said trinket. Both want it, who gets it?
Player A because they haven't gotten anything? or Player B who would be the biggest upgrade.

This is the main issue I see with how we run loot for heroics. What we have been doing is giving it to the under geared person, which in itself is NOT a bad thing. However, Player A still has a right to that trinket as well, without having to feel "obligated" to give it to the more needing person, in this example.

So I'm becoming Master Looter and if that kind of situation happens as explained above, then I go to the two (or more) raider's Attendance, upgrade quality amount, and performance. Performance for me is the big one. If two people need it, I'm going to look into how you did that night/boss fight. Did they stand in completely avoidable damage? etc etc. If that is the case, I will most likely give it to the better performing person. No this doesn't mean performance as in who can pew pew more, or heal better, it does come into play, but again, its about if you stood in bad, or died, or something that should not be happening.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this system, but I know a lot who swear by other loot systems. DKP/EPGP etc etc.

I'm more curious to see what others use and their reason for NOT using another.

(going to try and setup a poll, which i've never done with this site before, but if you see it, select which you use please)