Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I went unholy when i made my dk. I agree, ya'll ain't loyal, UFL and so on.

In terms of current dps, scaling and so on, unholy has been ahead since 5.4.7 (or whenever the buff to unholy might happened). 2h Frost can't even compare, DW frost is still a bit more competitive, but the only fights I've been consistently beaten by frost dk's is garrosh (not even spoils, but i believe a GOOD DW frost should beat me in theory on spoils) and that's usually just cause my trinket procs + runeforge refuse to reliably proc together on the pull. And that's just me, and that i'm usually up against DW frost's who are a good 5+ ilevel above me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last time I played unholy was in 3.1. Once they nuked it's ability to tank and started turning into the pet spec I left and never looked back. I liked it for being a spreader of strong diseases. They decided that is should have pets instead.

Deleted
    I changed when the Unholy Might buff went live and when I got EEoG and TTT.

I've never looked back.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-07-26 at 11:15 AM.

Unholy since wrath, only time I switched to frost is leveling sometimes and the one boss on sh for cms, i did rest of cm as unholy and beat pretty much every class I ran with (Mage, hunter, frost dks, warlocks, other melee)

Worst part of playing unholy: having people shit on the spec and ask you to switch before seeing what you can do with it(this happend in cms)

Best part of playing unholy: proving those idiots wrong!!! ( this also happened in cms , spells /pet army, speed/ how fluid it is

Quote Originally Posted by speirs View Post
    Unholy since wrath, only time I switched to frost is leveling sometimes and the one boss on sh for cms, i did rest of cm as unholy and beat pretty much every class I ran with (Mage, hunter, frost dks, warlocks, other melee)

Worst part of playing unholy: having people shit on the spec and ask you to switch before seeing what you can do with it(this happend in cms)

Best part of playing unholy: proving those idiots wrong!!! ( this also happened in cms , spells /pet army, speed/ how fluid it is
    QFT ... I have had this almost on every CM, oQueue run.

I have been UH since 2009, always topping meter and ranked in several fights, it is always better playing what you find fun than the last OP build.

Literally 10 minutes ago.
    Now that i have finally downed garrosh HM, it`s time to change to unholy.
    Too bad i`m not that good of an unholy player, going to have to master it on bosses we have on farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    I ran my own character through the sims yday (sitting at ilvl 572, H 2H wep 4/4), my own results simmed at ~360k for 2H Frost and ~340k for UH. I'm thinking that this might arise because the profile I used wasn't using the FB style rotation on single target, but could it also be due to having a H 2H fully upgraded vs largely normal gear (also 4/4) in my other slots given the lesser reliance on wep dmg by UH compared to Frost?

Naturally ingame results will always differ from the sim given the style of fights in Siege, but out of curiosity do others also see this kind of favouring for 2H frost in sims around this ilvl? Also, if someone wouldn't mind posting up the string for the FB rotation for simcraft that would be much appreciated.
    I'm not a DK expert myself, but there are two very, very good Unh DKs in my guild who whine and moan endlessly about the Unholy simcraft module, so I'm pretty confident that it undervalues Unholy by quite a lot. There's absolutely no doubt that Unholy takes a giant dump on Frost in equivalent gear if you can keep strong DoTs running, but I think for the average player DW Frost will generally come ahead on a fight like Protectors or Spoils - if only because DoT management is significantly harder there, because I'm quite sure that at least on Protectors Unholy still has a much higher theoretical DPS ceiling under optimal conditions.

was frost athe begging when DK's where released and frost was supposed to be the DW tank class, but after that changed went unholy and never changed, even when we got nerfed to the ground, now look at us

Deleted
    Unholy since ever. I'm playing Frost sometimes when questing and outgearing content simply because of how strong it is when things die too quickly. I also raided as Blood for quite some time until deciding that tanking is not my cup of tea, but Unholy always was and will always be my spec of choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I have always loved Frost DPS (Frost since 2008 foo!), but when you cap out your potential DPS you need to switch some things up. Rolled UH when I was hitting a plateau around 300-320k =/