Thread: fail driver ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

fail driver ?

So... I went for my drivers license for the second time today and I failed hard again
    It's kinda making me hopeless... now I'm obliged to follow a 6 hour driving course ( this is in belgium btw )

It's costing me a shit ton of money ... for those 6 hours it's 350 EURO and for one try at the exam it's 150 EURO....seriously wtf

I'm starting to hate driving --'

EDIT : I already passed the theory exam easily , it's just the practical side that I'm struggling wiht ... I can drive but I just can't pass the test
    Last edited by mmoc28343bf2d3; 2014-07-22 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What part(s) of the test did you fail in?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    So... I went for my drivers license for the second time today and I failed hard again
    It's kinda making me hopeless... now I'm obliged to follow a 6 hour driving course ( this is in belgium btw )

It's costing me a shit ton of money ... for those 6 hours it's 350 EURO and for one try at the exam it's 150 EURO....seriously wtf

Man, that sounds awful expensive. I would be tempted to just ride a bicycle, public transportation or walk to where I would wanted to go. But if you want it that bad, hang in there. You will get it done. I wish you success.

Some people are just really bad at dealing with the stress of being tested. Doesn't mean you're a bad driver. But if it cost me 700 bucks to take my test I would probably have never opened the driving pandora's box personally.

Driving, owning a car, etc, aren't all they are cracked up to be. You quickly become dependent upon the mobility they provide, and a slave to the hole they burn in your wallet. Take it as a sign, for the freedoms and stuff.

Deleted
    Enough idiots driving around that shouldn't. It's a good thing that it's expensive and not faceroll to pass. And if you think this is expensive, just wait till you actually have a car.

Driving is all about confidence, and by the sound of things you're not 100% comfortable yet.

Is there no-one you can borrow a car from, and just join their insurance deal and drive around for a while? Besides, as others have said, the lessons and exam is expensive, but your first insurance policy is going to rob you of your soul!

Deleted
    quick everyone: point and laugh at the non-driver!

Are you failing Teory or actual driving ? and what made you fail ? i mean if it was actual driving and you failed to somthing specific like parking or 3 point turns you could simply go to a closed area with a friend and his/her car ( them driving there ofc ) and practice.

if its the teory then .... its time to hit those books hard i guess.

Edit: yeah and as others pointed out already ...... if the 500 is expensive to you................ prepare to get beaten and robbed the first 4+ years of owning a car due to the massive insurance prices for new drivers.

Edit2: oh and btw... might seem to be alot of money now but when you pass you have that license for 50+ years unless you mess up so its kinda a good investment .......
    Last edited by Drungan; 2014-07-22 at 02:17 PM.

Yeah, as others asked, which part are you failing? Theory or practice?
    If its theory just get exams and practice them non stop until you can pass with over 90%
    If its the practical you will need a friend or relative to help you out =)

Deleted
    I failed 2 times too and yes it cost me a lot of money (or my parents rather hah!) but then I practiced with my step dad and I passed the driving exam the third time. I think the driving instructors REAAAAAAALLY suck, they don't teach you anything, they make you nervous all the time and all they do is point out your failures. If you can practice with somebody else (no idea what the laws are like in belgium) then go for it.

I failed the paper test a few times.

However when it came to the actual driving test I passed because the instructor stated "Well, you didn't scare me...so you pass."
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Passing the driving test is only partially about the skill, knowledge, and ability of the driver. A HUGE part of the test is about showing the test administrator exactly what he or she wants to see. Go online and look up driving tester criteria for your country or region.

As far as the written portion of the test, again, go online and look up the test for your area. Make some flash cards and read every card 5-6 times a day. Read through them once per sitting. The human mind more readily stores and remembers information in small doses rather than long cram sessions.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's all practice. You're practicing, right? Go to parking lots and practice sitting at 3 under whatever speed you're comfortable with. The only issue I had (that almost made me fail my only exam) was a tendency to drift up to a tiny bit over the speed limit. Beyond that, everything else just made sense. Turn signals are intuitive. Headlights are intuitive. Parallel parking took a bit of practice, but is easy once you do it a few times.

So take what made you fail and practice it. I also hear that some places have practical test tutors that will run you through the practical test over and over until you have each mandatory part memorized and practiced.
    Last edited by Annoying; 2014-07-22 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i can pass with my incredibly rubbish driving skills then anyone can :P Driving tests are silly anyway, you can just have a bad/ good day it puts you under way more pressure/nerves than you would normally experience while driving >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If i can pass with my incredibly rubbish driving skills then anyone can :P Driving tests are silly anyway, you can just have a bad/ good day it puts you under way more pressure/nerves than you would normally experience while driving >.<
    That's the problem with exams in general, I find. You can be incredibly intelligent and skilled only to fail due to everything you've done so far resting on whether or not you can remain calm under the intense pressure of a test.

Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post

Not trying to be rude or funny at all but driving is 100% common sense. You might not have it when driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Not trying to be rude or funny at all but driving is 100% common sense. You might not have it when driving.
    I took 2 tries on the road test to get my license. Sometimes common sense loses you points on the test.

For example, my first test I got a point deduction for going 35 in a 50 zone (That people commonly drive 30-40 in because it's right by a busy park entrance a university entrance and is a really narrow street, with shitty pavement, plus it was raining out). I ultimately failed that test because I "failed to observe" a pedestrian reaching an uncontrolled crosswalk on the opposite end of a 4 lane road as I drove by, thus failure due to dangerous action.

On my second test I passed, but actually had more deductions than on the one I failed; one of which was for hesitation while making a right turn onto a roadway.

It had 2 lanes in either direction, On the left side of the intersection was a parked car, and on the right of the intersection was a no parking zone and traffic was basically just pouring to the right around the parked car and making illegal lane changes through the intersection into the right lane. So had I not hesitated I would have gotten into an accident.

I know somebody who got a dangerous action fail for stopping at a yield sign at a location where there was a yield sign controlling right turns, but no acceleration lane and heavy traffic that was moving almost bumper-to-bumper.

So "common sense" sometimes contradicts the rules of the road.

EDIT: Also, braking for an animal can result in a dangerous action fail if the instructor arbitrarily decides that the animal was too small to result in damage to the vehicle, or spaces out and doesn't see the animal.

EDIT2: And "Creeping up" at a stop light can give you a deduction. So can stopping too far back from the vehicle in front of you. And guess what can happen if you stop just the right distance from the guy in front of you, but he decides to "Creep up" before the light turns green.

EDIT3: Also fun story, 3 years later when I took my bro to the same licensing centre for his road test, it turns out they had shortened the test to a mere 6 turns, and nothing that I got a deduction or failed for was on any of the test routes any more.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-07-22 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    That's the problem with exams in general, I find. You can be incredibly intelligent and skilled only to fail due to everything you've done so far resting on whether or not you can remain calm under the intense pressure of a test.
    I completely agree with you. But at some point you gotta test people's skills.

7+ Year Old Account
    I failed on the cones during my first test when I was 16, because my mom was in the back seat and wouldn't shut up. "TURN LEFT, A LITTLE MORE, A LITTLE MORE, STOP, NOW TURN RIGHT!" She was screaming in my ear and it distracted me enough to hit a cone. They let me retake the test 1 week later, I told my mom to STFU and get out of the car, and I sailed through it. That was 25 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I failed on the cones during my first test when I was 16, because my mom was in the back seat and wouldn't shut up. "TURN LEFT, A LITTLE MORE, A LITTLE MORE, STOP, NOW TURN RIGHT!" She was screaming in my ear and it distracted me enough to hit a cone. They let me retake the test 1 week later, I told my mom to STFU and get out of the car, and I sailed through it.
    Cones? Here you get tested out on the roads.