Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    What are you ... Athene on alt ? Best way to get rid of that trash is to ignore it. Reminds me of the joke where a policeman puts a finger in shit and thinks thank god I didn't step in it.
    The reaction to Athene videos is akin to watching a Francis video and then raging about how retarded he is. It's exactly the same thing, both youtube personalities have helped a lot of people, both getting fame through an outrageous alter-ego. The difference being that people genuinely believe Athene is this person.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Athene's persona seems to appeal to some specific demographic I'm not a part of, in much the same way Fred appeals to little kids. Maybe it's a generational thing and you have to be obnoxious and spastic to get the Ritalin kids to look your way, but I find no enjoyment in what he creates.
    His character is a parody of the stereotypical hardcore/pro gamer taken to a comical extreme. The humour is derived from laughing at the character, and, by extension, from his fanbase acknowledging and lending credibility to his creation in a very tongue-in-cheek manner.

The appeal of Athene's character is the same as the appeal of someone like Borat; a distillation of all the worst/most ignorant stereotypes about a specific kind of person brought together and overplayed to a comical extreme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    His character is a parody of the stereotypical hardcore/pro gamer taken to a comical extreme. The humour is derived from laughing at the character, and, by extension, from his fanbase acknowledging and lending credibility to his creation in a very tongue-in-cheek manner.

The appeal of Athene's character is the same as the appeal of someone like Borat; a distillation of all the worst/most ignorant stereotypes about a specific kind of person brought together and overplayed to a comical extreme.

This man gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to 17 pages now... Athene truly is still the king. Do you people who are angry and bitter towards him not realize that Athene is just a character he plays just to get publicity? And that publicity over the years has turned into 20 million dollars donated toward charities that are saving starving and sick children around the world. If you hate on somebody for doing that then you are just an terrible person at heart because everything he does is for saving lives.

On his livestream you can even watch him record the short videos that he then uploads to Youtube, once you see that then you will just laugh at yourself for believing in a make believe character lol. He even makes fun of the Athene character when he records these videos once the bit is over.

I have donated to charities to do my part and even sub to his Twitch channel because 100% of that goes to charity and Twitch themselves has acknowledged this. So instead of being that typical neckbeard living your life on these forums and thinking your post total is what makes you ( yea looking at you guys with 10,000+) instead give back to something and help make a difference.

But if you choose to keep hating the guy for reasons unknown even to you, well thats fine too. It gives the people who actually get the whole thing something to laugh about on a daily basis. Continue to bite on these Athene trolls my friend, we'll be waiting.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post

You have a way with words, this is pretty much spot on.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

This is exactly what Athene wants to happen to gain attention because even bad attention is good. Without Bachir Boumaaza's character "Athene" he would just be another charitable organization.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rs-for-africa/

To me Athene is really funny because I played WoW and saw in game the elitists that Athene makes fun of.
    Last edited by manybadgers; 2014-07-25 at 12:17 AM.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me less than a half dozen tries to beat the last one, without looking anything up, just seeing what she did. Was disappointingly easy.

Way too simple for being "first" to mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    A Blizzard employee did tweet out him getting world first, which of course people here are claiming it was a troll tweet or scacasm in it, in other words, they will counter everything.. even if its direct proof

https://twitter.com/kmicj/status/491669222842302464
    One of the answers on the tweet: "@alertho idk I was just cheering him on. "
    Yeah proof right. Get your facts together.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has been really bad from the start. Closing