Poll: Do you buy, use, then return items?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Work, any sort of interviews or meetings. Not having shirts with buttons is ok if you are a 3 year old or millionaire and can do whatever you want.
    I don't work and I am not 3 or a millionaire. If I owned dress clothes I would never wear them. I have shirts with buttons just not all the way down like a dress shirt more of a polo/rugby shirt. I don't see what the problem is. If I don't wear a suit of dress clothes am I less of an adult?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    What would you wear for a job interview?
    All of the work I ever did was electrical plumbing or demo. If I went to an interview wearing a suit I am not sure what would happen.

Every time I have a big event, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't work and I am not 3 or a millionaire. If I owned dress clothes I would never wear them. I have shirts with buttons just not all the way down like a dress shirt more of a polo/rugby shirt. I don't see what the problem is. If I don't wear a suit of dress clothes am I less of an adult?

- - - Updated - - -

All of the work I ever did was electrical plumbing or demo. If I went to an interview wearing a suit I am not sure what would happen.
    By age maybe, but as you said you don't work which is often part of being an adult. You don't have to lounge around your house in a suit and tie, not having at least a proper shirt is odd at the very least. More power to you if you can get away with a life of nothing but T shirts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

More power to you if you can get away with a life of nothing but T shirts.
    So in your world there are 2 types of shirts. T shirts and dress shirts, got it.

- - - Updated - - -

as you said you don't work which is often part of being an adult.
    Sorry if I am more well off then you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So in your world there are 2 types of shirts. T shirts and dress shirts, got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I am more well off then you.
    Rather big leap and assumption there. Either way it matters little. Not many options for shirts when you are going sans buttons, there are a few polo type shirts that are v necks with a collar I suppose. As I said good for you if you don't have to worry about the type of clothing you wear and just go with whatever you want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You come from Canadialand.

If you aren't in Scotland, you're just a man wearing a patterned skirt with what looks like unkempt pubes sticking out the front.
    my Dad's Scottish I'm a first generation Canadian. We've been over this, nerd!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

people dont understand the work that goes into owning a business... i refuse to steal, from anybody/anything

Renting is mainly for things you don't intend to use more than once in a blue moon. Frankly I'm not sure why we bought those hundreds of movies at my house, considering we haven't watched a single one more than 3 times, and at fair number are still in their packaging.

I could understand renting a suit, unless you're in a position that you regularly need suits. It might help to keep your measurements and such on hand in that situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    my Dad's Scottish I'm a first generation Canadian. We've been over this, nerd!
    That makes you Canadian.

My dad was Cypriot, I don't go around dressed in...erm...hmm......a toga?

That makes you Canadian.

You're not the boss of me.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    That makes you Canadian.
    is it wrong the first thing I thought of was

as for "Hiring" Cloth's from a shop, or "wardrobing" as it is sometimes know, it's a despicable practice and should be made illegal.
    Either go to a good will store, or rent something.

Deleted
    remember to keep the price tags on, might itch a bit but hey

Rather big leap and assumption there. Either way it matters little. Not many options for shirts when you are going sans buttons, there are a few polo type shirts that are v necks with a collar I suppose. As I said good for you if you don't have to worry about the type of clothing you wear and just go with whatever you want.
    Except you don't wear a polo to a funeral.

I don't understand the issue with suits being expensive, you get one for formal occassions and if you actually hang it away properly it lasts for years.

Why do you need to dress up? Just put on a cosby sweater with those pants and you're gtg.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Tuxedo, Suits, Special Occasions, sure ...

Jeans, T-Shirts, No.

Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    Except you don't wear a polo to a funeral.
    Why not? I would. Not a pastel colored one, but maybe the Canes coachs polo I have. It says class, while also displaying the swag.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Since I'm not scum, no I don't do this.
    I want to be reasonable and open minded. However, I have to echo this guy here.

If it's an actual rental place... sure whatever. Tux rentals are normal.

However, real stores don't exist for this purpose. It's not ethical by any measure. I would not want to know or associate with anyone who considers this to be acceptable behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    If it's an actual rental place... sure whatever. Tux rentals are normal.
    However, real stores don't exist for this purpose. It's not ethical by any measure. I would not want to know or associate with anyone who considers this to be acceptable behavior.
    Yep, I have to agree. It's one thing to rent stuff from Tux rentals etc...but doing it with normal clothing/stores is just pathetically cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yep, I have to agree. It's one thing to rent stuff from Tux rentals etc...but doing it with normal clothing/stores is just pathetically cheap.
    He's also going off the assumption that he won't need anything like that in the next few years. Sounds dumb, have some aspiration. $30 that's like what, £20? And $70 is like £50? Those are pretty cheap, I bought more expensive shoes for a date let alone a funeral.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.