Poll: Blizzard's worst lore? (Spoilers)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it sucked that Cairne Bloodhoof died and that he died off-screen.

I'm also not all that crazy about Thrall not being the Warchief and being kind of a wimp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I thought it sucked that Cairne Bloodhoof died and that he died off-screen.

I'm also not all that crazy about Thrall not being the Warchief and being kind of a wimp.
    Its funny how if thrall does nothing, he's considered wimp, but if he DOES do something, like I dunno, KILL GARROSH, he's considered as getting in the 'heroes' way.

The wow player is like your stereotyped adventurer, claiming to be the hero when other characters do most of the work off screen.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'll never forgive them for what they did to Kael, and almost all of it without adequate explanation. If you asked me which character was short-changed the most by Blizzard, I'd tell you Kael nine times out of ten. Maybe Zul'jin or Illidan if not.

TBC was really unkind to its villains.
    OMG can people stop claiming that Kael and Illidan got the shaft. They had numerous quests either alluding to their activities or directly involving them. Everything was fully explained and made complete sense when it comes to the role of them as a raid boss in BC. Just because people can't put 2 and 2 together, didn't read the quest text in BC, or they simply make it a personal choice to blatantly ignore the information presented to them.

I mean people claiming that Illidan and Kael were badly handled are the same people more than likely who were like "wtf we already killed kael" when MgT came out even though you 100% knew he wasn't dead 2 patches before that if you had simply read the quests.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic, almost none of the choices make any sense. The choice in this poll that makes the least sense to me that I want to address is the Malygos one. Yet another case of someone not knowing their lore or reading quest text or realizing what was going on. Malygos was not trying to kill everyone. He was trying to strip the world of magic. Go read up on things and maybe you'll understand OP.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    OMG can people stop claiming that Kael and Illidan got the shaft. They had numerous quests either alluding to their activities or directly involving them. Everything was fully explained and made complete sense when it comes to the role of them as a raid boss in BC. Just because people can't put 2 and 2 together, didn't read the quest text in BC, or they simply make it a personal choice to blatantly ignore the information presented to them.

I mean people claiming that Illidan and Kael were badly handled are the same people more than likely who were like "wtf we already killed kael" when MgT came out even though you 100% knew he wasn't dead 2 patches before that if you had simply read the quests.
    It was still not handled good and just because there are a couple of quests telling something does not mean that the story is good. TBC story was not great at all.

But I agree, the MtG things comes from idiots.

Deleted
    Warlords of Draenor is lore wise the biggest FAIL in the history of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    It was still not handled good and just because there are a couple of quests telling something does not mean that the story is good. TBC story was not great at all.

But I agree, the MtG things comes from idiots.
    In fact the real problem wasn't the fact that those "shafts" made zero sense. They did, in a way, especially Kael'thas.

This doesn't change, however, the fact that the story was lacking a proper and dinamic "flow", everything felt odd and not sufficiently explained or just "told" in the first place. That's why the expansion gave the feeling that Blizzard was just randomly throwing away its characters so to fill the raid instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

PvP Gear being added?

Oh. LORE? Thrall. Anything about Thrall. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Because they have no reasons for no belive that.

note the dramatic effect to give more strength to my argument
    Nice attempt, if it wasn't that "no belive that" is a bit awful to read.

To be utterly honest it's just more the Night Elves living in self-forced denial because they're unable to bear the thought of descending from Trolls. In fact, the Night Elves trash this fact as a convenient lie coming from the Trolls themselves, a bullshit they're supposed to spew around so to "marginalize their accomplishments" and letting the Trolls "come in terms with their own shocking defeat" in ancient times at the hands of the Night Elves themselves.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its funny how if thrall does nothing, he's considered wimp, but if he DOES do something, like I dunno, KILL GARROSH, he's considered as getting in the 'heroes' way.

The wow player is like your stereotyped adventurer, claiming to be the hero when other characters do most of the work off screen.
    Thrall is a wimp, Garrosh tossed him aside like he was nothing and Thrall, the once mighty leader of the horde just watches as the heroes fight him. And then he has the audacity to walk up to Garrosh while he's down and try and kill him. Sounds pretty wimpy to me.

Deleted
    I hate that Rhonin died. I loved that guy. I would have liked him as the guy that the Ally players should go around with, instead, we just got Green jesus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mahonisaya View Post
    Jaina becoming good again. Personally though if I didn't choose from the survey I would pick Kel'thuzad. He was a wasted character. They create all this lore around a Kirin tor mage being corrupted and then they user him to corrupt arthas then get rid of non lore wise completely except to lock him in a necropolis and to provide comedic relief in hearthstone...
    They have set up for Kel'thuzad's return though - his phylactery's whereabouts are currently unknown.

Arthas' transformation into the Lich King was not well done in my opinion (neither was Anakin Skywalker's for that matter, and he was the inspiration for him). Bit of an overrated character.

I voted other because WoD plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD

/10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Nice attempt, if it wasn't that "no belive that" is a bit awful to read.

To be utterly honest it's just more the Night Elves living in self-forced denial because they're unable to bear the thought of descending from Trolls. In fact, the Night Elves trash this fact as a convenient lie coming from the Trolls themselves, a bullshit they're supposed to spew around so to "marginalize their accomplishments" and letting the Trolls "come in terms with their own shocking defeat" in ancient times at the hands of the Night Elves themselves.
    I doubt the elves have contradicted Cenarius. In recent official sources, at least. But if you like to base in old sources. Good luck

Oh, and note the dramatic effect to give more strength to my argument

Deleted
    Thrall not getting Jaina after WC3 TFT :l

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Garrosh also had a pretty overpowered weapon in hand.
    Axe made of jelly ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I doubt the elves have contradicted Cenarius. In recent official sources, at least. But if you like to base in old sources. Good luck
    Everything wrote in The Troll Compendium is still perfectly canon. And the recent sources do not retcon the old ones at all. Even if Cenarius understandbly possess this knowledge (since his existance likely predate the elven's) we never saw Cenarius sharing this knowledge with the Night Elves, or the Night Elves themselves suddenly finding less "abohrrent" the hardly-bearable notion that they descend from Trolls.

Oh, and note the dramatic effect to give more strength to my argument
    Failed attempt this time, it doesn't work if used randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceburgh23 View Post
    Garrosh tossed him aside like he was nothing
    Garrosh also had a pretty overpowered weapon in hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Axe made of jelly ?
    Surely it had "some" value if Garrosh trashed away Gorehowl like garbage.

The Argent Crusade turning a blind eye to Sylvanas using the Plague.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Surely it had "some" value if Garrosh trashed away Gorehowl like garbage.
    Back in underhold.

Garrosh looks right, garrosh looks left and after seeing noone starts slowly licking his new weapon. So delicious !!!!