Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

^ Clone Wars was fantastic! Clone Episodes were the best
    I miss Clone Wars. This scene was so badass with the speakers turned up and the bass on full.

I've yet to give Rebels another go though. Made it through two episodes and couldn't take anymore of the cutesy disney filter.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-02-11 at 10:45 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Are you really that angry that they used the Imperial March for Tarkin?
    Yeah. I'm really that angry. Can you see my face right now? Grr!

No, it's not Darth Vader's theme. It's called the Imperial March.
    Well, since you do seem to want to take it all so seriously, here's a good link for you to visit:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Imperial_March

And, now... I know you may not have been around to enjoy the original episodes back in the days before Lucas started fiddling with them and adding all that CGI bullshit and screwing around with whether Han shot Greedo first - which he did by the way, but ever since I've been a small child, that's been Vader's theme.

It has been heard at the end of Episode 2.
    Yeah... You know, the Imperial March was later added to the finale. Here's the original treatment, without Vader's theme:

However, Episodes 1-3 are complete and utter bullshit anyways, and Lucas started to ruin the franchise long before they were made, so that's a non-issue. I'm not surprised, at all, if they play Vader's theme in inappropriate places in Episode 2.

It has also been heard when the Emperor arrives on the second Death Star in RotJ.
    You mean when Vader is there, welcoming him? Wouldn't it make sense for Vader's theme to be playing when Vader is in the scene?

It was totally warranted to hear it for Grand Moff Tarkin
    No, it wasn't.

who is even Darth Vader's hierchical superior in A New Hope.
    No, he wasn't. Are you kidding me?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Moff

Grand Moffs received drastically increased authority, military forces, and funding as fitting their enhanced position. The position of Oversector governor was the sixth highest in the Empire after the Emperor, Lord Darth Vader, Grand Vizier, Imperial Ruling Council, and Grand Admirals.
    Vader did not report to anyone but Sidious. If you think some shitty little army guy gets in the middle of a Sith lord and his apprentice, you don't know much.

He is a mastermind of the Empire, close to the Emperor and the Governor of an entire sector of the Galaxy. He is not irrelevant.
    Pff. Let me quote Lord Vader for you; "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." Tarkin wasn't even force-attuned. He was about as significant as a gnat. You may think armies and soldiers and all that bullshit is somehow meaningful, but it isn't. What did this all-powerful Muff with his huge armies and Death Stars accomplish? Nothing. You know what brought it all down? The Force. And more precisely, a Skywalker. Not Luke. Anakin. Vader is the one who killed Sidious, Vader is the one who brought Luke into the world, and Vader is the one who saved Luke in the end.

So yeah, playing Vader's theme for some Muff is an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah. I'm really that angry. Can you see my face right now? Grr!

Well, since you do seem to want to take it all so seriously, here's a good link for you to visit:

And, now... I know you may not have been around to enjoy the original episodes back in the days before Lucas started fiddling with them and adding all that CGI bullshit and screwing around with whether Han shot Greedo first - which he did by the way, but ever since I've been a small child, that's been Vader's theme.
    I've seen all episodes of the prequels without any change, thank you. So I remember them quite well.

Yeah... You know, the Imperial March was later added to the finale. Here's the original treatment, without Vader's theme:

/snip

However, Episodes 1-3 are complete and utter bullshit anyways, and Lucas started to ruin the franchise long before they were made, so that's a non-issue. I'm not surprised, at all, if they play Vader's theme in inappropriate places in Episode 2.
    I've seen Episode 2 in movie theater when it got out. I was hyped when I heard the Imperial March.

You mean when Vader is there, welcoming him? Wouldn't it make sense for Vader's theme to be playing when Vader is in the scene?
    You mean you believe that the emphasis in that scene is put on Vader welcoming the Emperor and not on the Emperor arriving in great pump on the Death Star? When we barely see Vader when the tune is played while the camera is mainly on the shuttle landing? They even play the Imperial March louder and more regally because... hey, it's the friggin' Emperor arriving!

No, he wasn't. Are you kidding me?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Moff

Vader did not report to anyone but Sidious. If you think some shitty little army guy gets in the middle of a Sith lord and his apprentice, you don't know much.
    I'm not talking about any Grand Moffs, but of Grand Moff Tarkin. It is clear in A New Hope that Tarkin is the one giving the orders, not the other way around. As Leia put it: "Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash."

Also, look at these dialogues :

Darth Vader: Don't underestimate the Force.
    Governor Tarkin: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

Governor Tarkin: Enough of this! Vader, release him!
    Darth Vader: As you wish.

Governor Tarkin: You're sure the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship? I'm taking an awful risk, Vader. This had better work.

Tarkin sure sounds subservient to Vader, isn't he? Calling him Vader (not my Lord or Lord Vader) and my friend...The last quote also means that he had to agree with Vader's plan since he's the one taking the risks. Not Vader. Therefore, he's the one that would be held accountable if the plain failed which means that he had the authority.

Vader was Palpatine's enforcer, at least at that time. If Palpatine ordered him to kill or to replace a Grand Moff, he would do so. But I don't think he would dare to override the authority of a Grand Moff in the administration of a sector if the Emperor did not tell him so.

Pff. Let me quote Lord Vader for you; "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." Tarkin wasn't even force-attuned. He was about as significant as a gnat. You may think armies and soldiers and all that bullshit is somehow meaningful, but it isn't. What did this all-powerful Muff with his huge armies and Death Stars accomplish?
    They built an Empire. Because, you know, Palpatine would not be able to do it alone with his pretty lightning bolts. And he knew it. That's why he invested so much in a f'n huge army and fleet and a gigantic battle station able to destroy a whole planet.

By the way, someone who calls the prequels shitty and refers to the Emperor as "Sidious" is so ironic...

So yeah, playing Vader's theme for some Muff is an insult.
    An insult to whom? You?
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2015-02-12 at 02:16 AM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Did you read anything you linked?

In your link for the Imperial March
    The Imperial March" is the theme music that represents the authoritarian Galactic Empire

As for Tarkin, he wasn't just a grand moff. He was the original Grand Moff.

Wilhuff Tarkin was a Human male who was one of the most powerful individuals in the Galactic Empire, a Grand Moff who shaped Imperial doctrine and was the driving force behind the creation of its key embodiment, the Death Star.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure darth wader is busy chasing his failed sith clone experiments.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I'm not talking about any Grand Moffs, but of Grand Moff Tarkin. It is clear in A New Hope that Tarkin is the one giving the orders, not the other way around.
    The fact that Vader isn't giving orders to Tarkin or to anyone else means nothing. If Sidious has given Vader explicit orders to do what Tarkin tells him, then Vader will do what Tarkin tells him. That, however, doesn't put Tarkin above Vader in any kind of command chain.

There is absolutely nothing between a Sith lord and his apprentice. In the chess game that Sidious is playing, Tarkin is a pawn, while Vader is a much, much higher value piece.

Also, the pieces of dialogue you quoted... You may have missed the point where Tarkin is completely, utterly and absolutely blind when it comes to the power of the Force. He doesn't understand it, or at the very least, he doesn't respect it. Therefore what he says to Vader means absolutely nothing. It's like throwing a baby in a tiger cage, looking at the baby go all "coo coo" at the tiger, and then saying the tiger isn't dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    As for Tarkin, he wasn't just a grand moff. He was the original Grand Moff.
    He's a muff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Vader isn't giving orders to Tarkin or to anyone else means nothing. If Sidious has given Vader explicit orders to do what Tarkin tells him, then Vader will do what Tarkin tells him. That, however, doesn't put Tarkin above Vader in any kind of command chain.

There is absolutely nothing between a Sith lord and his apprentice. In the chess game that Sidious is playing, Tarkin is a pawn, while Vader is a much, much higher value piece.

Also, the pieces of dialogue you quoted... You may have missed the point where Tarkin is completely, utterly and absolutely blind when it comes to the power of the Force. He doesn't understand it, or at the very least, he doesn't respect it. Therefore what he says to Vader means absolutely nothing. It's like throwing a baby in a tiger cage, looking at the baby go all "coo coo" at the tiger, and then saying the tiger isn't dangerous.
    Tarkin is not blind to the power of the Force. He sees it when Vader chokes Motti. However, what he saw first-handedly is the complete and utter destruction of the Jedi Order. Which means that for him the Force is not that important. And in a way he is right : that Empire is not a Sith Empire. It does not rest on the shoulders of evil Force users. Granted, the Emperor is a Force user. However, I'm fairly certain that most of his subjects don't even know he is a Sith. Tarkin may not even know Palpatine is a Sith. For most people, like Han Solo, the Force is merely a superstition. Palpatine is not a Force user, and Vader is the last Jedi that remained faithful and supoprted the "rightful" ruler of the Galaxy.

Anyway, Tarkin's point of view about the Force is irrelevent. You will never call your superior by his name or my friend. In all the movies, Tarkin is the only character to call Darth Vader simply "Vader" or "my friend" and it is Tarkin. All Vader subordinates call him "Lord Vader" or "My Lord." The only other character to call Vader "my friend" is the Emperor.

Also, if Palpatine gave orders to Vader to obey Tarkin, then Palpatine effectively put Vader under Tarkin's orders, if only for a time. That would mean that Palpatine put a lot of value on Tarkin and that he was a very valuable asset to the Emperor.

10+ Year Old Account

From the very page you linked:

"The Imperial March" is the theme music that represents the authoritarian Galactic Empire. As Anakin Skywalker is stripped of all individuality, he, in essence, becomes one with the Empire as Darth Vader; hence the reason the march is often associated with him as well. "The Imperial March" represents all that is the Empire; therefore, it is nearly equivalent to a galactic anthem.
    You will notice it says that is it often associated with Vader "as well" meaning it is not just Vader's theme. It also states that it represents all that is the Empire and is nearly equivalent to a galactic anthem for the Empire. It makes perfect sense that it would be used to herald the entrance of someone who is as influential and important the Empire as Tarkin is.

Deleted
    Anyway, Tarkin's point of view about the Force is irrelevent. You will never call your superior by his name or my friend. In all the movies, Tarkin is the only character to call Darth Vader simply "Vader" or "my friend" and it is Tarkin. All Vader subordinates call him "Lord Vader" or "My Lord." The only other character to call Vader "my friend" is the Emperor.
    The mistake you, and others in this thread seem to be making, is thinking that Vader belongs to the military hierarchy in any way or form; he doesn't. There are two completely separate ladders here.

Emperor Palpatine == Darth Sidious
    | |
    Grand Moff Tarkin Darth Vader
    |

There is no scenario where a Sith apprentice would be taking orders from anyone other than his or her master. Having said that, those orders may be to take orders from someone else. Nevertheless, the point should be clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mistake you, and others in this thread seem to be making, is thinking that Vader belongs to the military hierarchy in any way or form; he doesn't. There are two completely separate ladders here.

Emperor Palpatine == Darth Sidious
    | |
    Grand Moff Tarkin Darth Vader
    |

There is no scenario where a Sith apprentice would be taking orders from anyone other than his or her master. Having said that, those orders may be to take orders from someone else. Nevertheless, the point should be clear.
    The fact that Vader is or isn't part of the military hierarchy is irrelevent, because he still is high enough in the imperial hierarchy that anyone, military or not, calls him "My Lord" or "Lord Vader", which is a sign of deference. Tarkin does not. Which means that either he is higher than Vader during A New Hope (because he is the commander of the Death Star or because Palpatine wanted it so) or that he is influencial enough in the Empire and with the Emperor that he can be allowed to be on familiar terms with Vader. In both case, that means that he is not an insignificant moffo in the Empire. And that the "Imperial March" is warranted to welcome such a high ranking official of the Empire.

Deleted
    No it's not. Tarkin is an irrelevant muff. That's why he dies like a little bitch.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. Tarkin is an irrelevant muff. That's why he dies like a little bitch.

He died in the death star when it blew up. So did Vader and The Emperor. So they are all little bitchs?

10+ Year Old Account
    The new episode was great .

A lot of stormtroppers were killed.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is ramping up nicely, isn't it? I prefer TCW animation, but the story of Rebels is very well written. It is a "realistic" depiction of how the rebellion could have started. Small pockets of resistance with no links. The local imperial forces are incompetent or do not know how to cope with these little groups. Then the groups seem to get linked (Fulcrum) and the Empire sends more competent officers and ressources to deal with the situation (Tarkin). Now Kanan is under imperial custody and sent to Mustafar, "where the Jedi go the die". But that is all a point of view, isn't it Obi Wan? *wink wink*

Now who is Fulcrum? I have two hypothesis. I will put these in spoiler tags to prevent some hysterical comments... Though I don't think it is necessary. First, it could be Ahsoka. Fulcrum's voice sounds feminine. It would be nice to know what happened to her after her departure from the Jedi Order. Plus, it would fit her personality and her thirst for justice to see her occupying a pivotal role in the formation of the Rebel Alliance. However, Ahsoka being a Togruta, she should have two gigantic horns jutting from her head by now. Horns that would not fit in the hood we see in the last episode.

The other possibility is that it is Princess Leia. The white hood Fulcrum is wearing looks like the one she had in A New Hope. Also, we have seen Bail Organa in episode 2. His last words was something like "I'll have to keep an eye on those rebels." And it's after that episode that we hear of Fulcrum for the first time. Fulcrum could be Bail, but like I said, the voice sounds feminine to me. Of course, Leia would be only 14 years old, but, if her biography still holds, she was already a Senator at that age and her mother was elected Queen of Naboo. So she could be helping her father to coordinate the different rebel cells.

Fulcrum is Ahsoka. Apparently its the same voice actress.

Deleted
    Loving the series - I dont mind some of the cringeworthy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Fulcrum is Ahsoka. Apparently its the same voice actress.
    I thought so too, but the hood we see during the last episode does not leave much place for two big horns and a couple of "lekkus". Unless that hooded figure is not really Fulcrum...

Another theory I read is that it could be Mon Mothma.

I thought so too, but the hood we see during the last episode does not leave much place for two big horns and a couple of "lekkus". Unless that hooded figure is not really Fulcrum...

Another theory I read is that it could be Mon Mothma.
    did you hear the audio? https://soundcloud.com/rebelsreport/...-pitch-changes
    Last edited by eillas; 2015-02-21 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    It may be her, it may not be. Personaly I think people hear in this what they want to hear. The picture shown is however incompatible with the species. I would be glad to be wrong though and I'm not closing the door to the possibility, but other options remain viable at this point.

True. I do miss her and other characters from clone wars. Current cast is lacking in some areas.